Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

My One Quarrel With Ancient Hypergate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
My One Quarrel With Ancient Hypergate

DarthSabreth's Avatar


DarthSabreth
12.12.2012 , 04:04 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lintman View Post
It just feels like there should be more people in it, the wide open spaces and the two main battle grounds on either side it just isn't filled by 8 people per team. I think this map would be a whole heck of alot more fun if there were more people, it would also feel a whole heck of a lot less barren.
This is the best WZ in my opinion:

1. it forces folks to do the objectives and punishes folks for death matching like in most other wz's
2. its anti AFK, you just cant take a node and sit there indef during the match.
3. it is much bigger which tends to be anti gank.
4. in my opinion and its just my opinion, it seems much harder for premades to steam roll pugs in that wz, premades need gang related kills and a mob mentality to function, due to the large size of AHG WZ its much harder for them to do that.

BW if you keep making more WZ's like this one you will certainly keep my sub. just tone down the CC's and fix the premade issue rolling pugs and add a cross server pvp que and most pvpers will be happy... well mostly happy / complain a tad less lol.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

Washingtoon's Avatar


Washingtoon
12.12.2012 , 04:13 PM | #12
My only wish is that there had been an upper, open, floor mid. There are two ramps so I figured that there would be some ledges or something for ranged up top too.

BaineOs's Avatar


BaineOs
12.12.2012 , 04:22 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSabreth View Post
3. it is much bigger which tends to be anti gank.
Personally I havne't noticed much difference. The middle is where the ganking is done in this warzone so where exactly is this anti gank?
Es'carli D'Lakutos - Engineering Sniper
<Lord of the Drinks>
The Red Eclipse

Asunasan's Avatar


Asunasan
12.12.2012 , 04:26 PM | #14
DId a few RWZ matches in it last night. I think its going to turn into another civil war for the most part. A little less delay tactics in mid though and a little more interference on the off node. Predictable and counter-able interference though. Overall I think it will be slightly better than CW in RWZs. In regs it will be almost as interesting as hutball, once people sort of get it.

Lintman's Avatar


Lintman
12.12.2012 , 09:22 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
DId a few RWZ matches in it last night. I think its going to turn into another civil war for the most part. A little less delay tactics in mid though and a little more interference on the off node. Predictable and counter-able interference though. Overall I think it will be slightly better than CW in RWZs. In regs it will be almost as interesting as hutball, once people sort of get it.
I'm thinking it's going to become a major stalemate in games where full teams that know what they are doing go up against each other. I mean with a perfectly balanced team on each side both teams are probably going to send 4 a side thus neither conceding either node, if the other team overloads one node then they'll get it but the team that splits 4 a side should be able to get their other node pretty easily, so 4 a side is going to be the safe play. So let's say both teams send 4 a side and they are both balanced teams it's going to be 1 tank 1 healer and two dps on each side, not a chance they are able to kill a good tank healer combo with just two dps and a tank hitting the healer.

Now what can be used to counter this is to overload one side and only send a tank and a healer or just one tanksin to stall the other side but then it becomes a gamble of can your 6 kill their 4 faster then their 4 can kill your 2 I'd personally bet on the 4 tearing the two apart alot faster then the 6 killing the 4. So I don't think it'll be a good gamble to take.

Anyways it just seems this map would be more suited to more people since you'd be able to send more dps in and could focus down the healers faster to move things along.

Variden's Avatar


Variden
12.12.2012 , 09:25 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
As a sniper, I played the pylons more. Then had to run in when the burst came through. I stayed to the side until the last few seconds and ran in to the middle then cover pulsed and got 3 people with it.. Not sure that will work when people understand whats coming. lol
You know, the thought occured to me during my first playthrought, that the map would certaintly be alot more fun with a sniper. There are just so many prime camp spots.

Still, it wasnt bad with a mara, nevertheless...this idea intrigues me

Arlanon's Avatar


Arlanon
12.12.2012 , 09:28 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lintman
I'm thinking it's going to become a major stalemate in games where full teams that know what they are doing go up against each other. I mean with a perfectly balanced team on each side both teams are probably going to send 4 a side thus neither conceding either node, if the other team overloads one node then they'll get it but the team that splits 4 a side should be able to get their other node pretty easily, so 4 a side is going to be the safe play. So let's say both teams send 4 a side and they are both balanced teams it's going to be 1 tank 1 healer and two dps on each side, not a chance they are able to kill a good tank healer combo with just two dps and a tank hitting the healer.
I would say that sending all 8 to a side would be the safe play. Followed by a select team hopping on over to mid, since it's right there. Then, in the final minute of the round, send a suicide squad to take the other side's pylon as the other side scrambles to get out of the explosion.

The explosion is a trick. It is there to make bads abandon their pylon. Take advantage of it. There is no downside to dying in the explosion, and a potentially game winning cap to make.

Rincewend's Avatar


Rincewend
12.12.2012 , 11:33 PM | #18
played a few rounds of it last night, on my PT and Sorc. Seems like we hit the same team each round. 6 Smashers in the middle during the explosion, waiting at the door. Got to the point to just eat the explosion and run back after coming back.

Squidkidz's Avatar


Squidkidz
12.13.2012 , 12:30 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
The explosion is a trick. It is there to make bads abandon their pylon. Take advantage of it. There is no downside to dying in the explosion, and a potentially game winning cap to make.
You can't cap after the timer runs out, which would be the only time people should be abandoning the pylon.
Majinn | Blāck
<Hey im mvp> Sexual Harassment Specialist
IInfinite Empire > The Bastion

Vladnar's Avatar


Vladnar
12.13.2012 , 01:20 AM | #20
initially on original post i agree and 16 vs 16 would seem to fit the bill perfectly but the following comment steals it for me, yes finally a change for small pvp battles 1vs1 2vs2 and this is right.

This is an excellent warzone, keep em coming.
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us