Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Caedus vs Yoda


Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
12.12.2012 , 03:35 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Andge View Post
Are you telling me that you have the authority to decide the definition of English words? From what source are you granted this authority?

No. Once again, your bad habit of presenting your opinions as facts, gets in your way.
First, I thought you presented your opinions as facts on purpose. But following this comment, I am wondering if you are simply not aware of it when you do it...
Not at all, but when you state a common saying is not being correctly used when it is, I will advise you to go and look up it's definition, if Sidious was fighting a Yoda who was giving it his all and Sidious wasn't even trying, indeed even laughing at his opponent, he is clearly toying with the Grand Master.

Andge's Avatar


Andge
12.12.2012 , 03:36 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
"I have waited a long time for this moment... my little green friend."

Yeah...
I agree that Sidious had been looking forward to have a chance fighting Yoda. Read my past comment.

Whas is your point with this comment?

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
12.12.2012 , 03:40 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Andge View Post
I agree that Sidious had been looking forward to have a chance fighting Yoda. Read my past comment.

Whas is your point with this comment?
The point?

Sidious had Yoda at his feet. The most powerful Sith Lord to ever live had the Grand Master of the Jedi Order right in front of him. Sidious could have killed him right where he stood. Why didn't he? One must understand the way Sidious, and like minded Sith, thinks. Sidious knew he was going to win, but he would prolong the Jedi's suffering just for his own amusement. He is clearly laughing during the battle. He wasn't even concerned. Yoda was a worthy opponent for anyone, except the Sith Lord.

Again. Yoda was going to lose. They both knew it. Yoda plainly states it in the novel.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Andge's Avatar


Andge
12.12.2012 , 03:46 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Not at all, but when you state a common saying is not being correctly used when it is, I will advise you to go and look up it's definition, if Sidious was fighting a Yoda who was giving it his all and Sidious wasn't even trying, indeed even laughing at his opponent, he is clearly toying with the Grand Master.
How about addressing the point I've made several times now; Sidious would kill Yoda instead of toying with him. So yes, Palpatine did drive Yoda back. But that is not the same as him toying with him.
Part of Yoda's reason for withdrawing was probably also that he, in his wisdow, knew that this was not the day to try to destroy the Sith; if Yoda won, great. But if Yoda lost, all hope would be lost. By withdrawing, at least he would be able to regroup and eventually help Luke.

So, to get back to the issue of the thread, my opinion is that Yoda is practically unbeatable in a fight till death. Therefore, in a fight against, Caedus, Yoda would win.

You are entitled to disagree, but you don't have anything to refute my opinion with, except your own subjective opinion. Which is fine. But be honest about it being your opinion. Don't put it out as being facts.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
12.12.2012 , 03:52 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Andge View Post
How about addressing the point I've made several times now; Sidious would kill Yoda instead of toying with him. So yes, Palpatine did drive Yoda back. But that is not the same as him toying with him.
Part of Yoda's reason for withdrawing was probably also that he, in his wisdow, knew that this was not the day to try to destroy the Sith; if Yoda won, great. But if Yoda lost, all hope would be lost. Be withdrawing, at least he would be able to regroup and eventually help Luke.

So, to get back to the issue of the thread, my opinion is that Yoda is practically unbeatable in a fight till death. Therefore, in a fight against, Caedus, Yoda would win.

You are entitled to disagree, but you don't have anything to refute my opinion with, except your own subjective opinion. Which is fine. But be honest about it being your opinion. Don't put it out as being facts.
Aurbere has already told you, he didn't want to kill Yoda, yet. Instead he wanted to torture him and do everything but kill him, until he was done, how much would you revel in being able to utterly destroy your nemesis of decades over a long period of time.

Maul could have killed Obi-Wan there and then with a simple Force Choke so he fell down the pit, but he didn't, because he was revelling in his first real victory over the Jedi, how do you think Sidious would feel?

Andge's Avatar


Andge
12.12.2012 , 03:52 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
The point?

Sidious had Yoda at his feet. The most powerful Sith Lord to ever live had the Grand Master of the Jedi Order right in front of him. Sidious could have killed him right where he stood. Why didn't he? One must understand the way Sidious, and like minded Sith, thinks. Sidious knew he was going to win, but he would prolong the Jedi's suffering just for his own amusement. He is clearly laughing during the battle. He wasn't even concerned. Yoda was a worthy opponent for anyone, except the Sith Lord.
.
So you agree that is your subjective interpretation. Great. Thanks.

So; you believe Sidious could have killed Yoda. I believe Sidious would have killed Yoda if he could, i.e. he couldn't.

This it were it stands and ends then; we have each our interpretation of Sidious.
At least know we are all being honest about it being interpretations.

And again; the part of your comment I have quoted; this is an example of your bad and dishonest habit; you write this as if it was fact, which it isn't. Don't put it out as if you know "how Sidious and likeminded thinks" more than the rest of us. It's comical.

Andge's Avatar


Andge
12.12.2012 , 03:56 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Aurbere has already told you, he didn't want to kill Yoda,
Now you also present this subjective interpretation as being a fact! Nowhere does it say that Sidious didn't want to kill Yoda. Nowhere! It is your interpretation. Please be honest about that.

My interpretation? Not matter how much Sidious would enjoy to torture Yoda, he would never risk Yoda getting away if he had the chance to kill him. Therefore Sidious would strike immediately if he had the chance to kill Yoda.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
12.12.2012 , 03:58 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Andge View Post
So you agree that is your subjective interpretation. Great. Thanks.
When the novel clearly states that Sidious wanted to make the Grand Master pay dearly and regretted not finishing him off when he had the chance(though he dismissed his regret, believing that the Jedi were smashed and they were no longer relevant, which doomed him) then it isn't an interpretation.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
12.12.2012 , 04:00 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Andge View Post
So you agree that is your subjective interpretation. Great. Thanks.

So; you believe Sidious could have killed Yoda. I believe Sidious would have killed Yoda if he could, i.e. he couldn't.

This it were it stands and ends then; we have each our interpretation of Sidious.
At least know we are all being honest about it being interpretations.

And again; the part of your comment I have quoted; this is an example of your bad and dishonest habit; you write this as if it was fact, which it isn't. Don't put it out as if you know "how Sidious and likeminded thinks" more than the rest of us. It's comical.
It's called simple psychology. Any Sith would do it. And Sidious did, in fact, revel in his engagement with Yoda. He was laughing at Yoda's pathetic attempts to defeat him. He was enjoying himself. He had the most powerful Jedi in the palm of his hand. He needed to only close his hand to crush the small Jedi. But he didn't. He could have, but he decided to prolong the small Jedi's suffering.

The only one that can truly defeat Sidious is Luke Skywalker. Mace Windu beat him in a Lightsaber duel, but in an all out duel, Sidious could kill Windu with ease. Luke Skywalker is the only being to defeat Sidious at the height of his power. When Sidious had the full power of the Dark Side at his command. Yoda could only do so much.

It's time to face facts. Sidious could have killed Yoda with relative ease.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Andge's Avatar


Andge
12.12.2012 , 04:03 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
It's called simple psychology. Any Sith would do it. And Sidious did, in fact, revel in his engagement with Yoda. He was laughing at Yoda's pathetic attempts to defeat him. He was enjoying himself. He had the most powerful Jedi in the palm of his hand. He needed to only close his hand to crush the small Jedi. But he didn't. He could have, but he decided to prolong the small Jedi's suffering.
This is simply getting ridiculous. You claim now to know so much about Sith psychology that your interpretation of a Sith's act can be claimed to be facts?

Dude, you're the most far out person I've ever met.