Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Caedus vs Yoda

Aurbere
12.12.2012 , 02:42 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Andge View Post
Try not to make things up, just to win, next time you have an argument.

I'm not saying Sidious didn't drive Yoda back. But if Sidious could have killed Yoda, he would. So, no, "toying" is you making things up.
Rayla didn't make anything up. It was all fact. Sidious was toying with Yoda. To what degree? A fairly good degree. He was in complete control of the battle. Yoda could not win and they both knew it. That's why Yoda fled. He chose to live to fight another day.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Rayla_Felana
12.12.2012 , 02:44 PM | #52
Try not to make things up, just to win, next time you have an argument.

I'm not saying Sidious didn't drive Yoda back. But if Sidious could have killed Yoda, he would. So, no, "toying" is you making things up.
He wasn't even trying and he was laughing the entire time, even taunting Yoda by feinting some sense of danger, you need to look up your facts and stop dismissing canon facts with an opinion.

I am not making things up, you just don't know your lore, catch up.

Andge
12.12.2012 , 03:11 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
He wasn't even trying and he was laughing the entire time, even taunting Yoda by feinting some sense of danger, you need to look up your facts and stop dismissing canon facts with an opinion.

I am not making things up, you just don't know your lore, catch up.
You are making things up, and you need to be honest about when something is a fact, and when something is your interpretation of facts.

Once again, if Sidious could have killed Yoda, he would. You cannot dispute that.
And Sidious did not kill Yoda. You cannot dispute that.

I know you love being a querulant, but come on, there must be a limit.

Aurbere
12.12.2012 , 03:14 PM | #54
You are making things up, and you need to be honest about when something is a fact, and when something is you interpretation of facts.
Just watch the battle again. He laughs several times during the battle. Watch ROTS and read the novel. The movie shows him laughing and the book says that Yoda had no chance of winning. They are both G-Canon sources. They both plainly show Yoda being outmatched.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Andge
12.12.2012 , 03:17 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Just watch the battle again. He laughs several times during the battle. Watch ROTS and read the novel. The movie shows him laughing and the book says that Yoda had no chance of winning. They are both G-Canon sources. They both plainly show Yoda being outmatched.
First off, the laughing like a mental patient thing, is George liking the classical evil madman thing. And it's Palpatine happy that he finally gets a chance to fight that little green pest that's annyoed him for the last ten years.

If Palpatine had been able to toy with Yoda, he would kill him instead of toying with him.

Once again again, I'm not saying Palpatine didn't drive Yoda back. I'm saying when some says "Palpatine was toying with Yoda" it is not true.

Rayla_Felana
12.12.2012 , 03:22 PM | #56
First off, the laughing like a mental patient thing, is George liking the classical evil madman thing. And it's Palpatine happy that he finally gets a chance to fight that little green pest that's annyoed him for the last ten years.

If Palpatine had been able to toy with Yoda, he would kill him instead of toying with him.

Once again again, I'm not saying Palpatine didn't drive Yoda back. I'm saying when some says "Palpatine was toying with Yoda" it is not true.
If he isn't actually trying in this fight and is still beating Yoda regardless, that means he was toying with him, go learn the definition.

Aurbere
12.12.2012 , 03:26 PM | #57

It is true. The duel as shown in the (G-Canon) ROTS novel takes place from Yoda's point of view. During the duel Yoda plainly states that the Shadow was far powerful than what he was facing. He was going to lose. They both knew it.

Sure, Sidious could have killed him. But Sidious is a devious, sadistic creature. He had the last of the Jedi before him. He relished facing the small Jedi in battle. He wanted to prolong the Grand Master's suffering.

Andge
12.12.2012 , 03:27 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Sure, Sidious could have killed him. But Sidious is a devious, sadistic creature. He had the last of the Jedi before him. He relished facing the small Jedi in battle. He wanted to prolong the Grand Master's suffering.
Where did you get this from? Is that stated anywhere as a fact? Or are you willing to admit that is your interpretation?

Andge
12.12.2012 , 03:31 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
If he isn't actually trying in this fight and is still beating Yoda regardless, that means he was toying with him, go learn the definition.
Are you telling me that you have the authority to decide the definition of English words? From what source are you granted this authority?

No. Once again, your bad habit of presenting your opinions as facts, gets in your way.
First, I thought you presented your opinions as facts on purpose. But following this comment, I am wondering if you are simply not aware of it when you do it...

I also notice how you keep avoiding the fact, that Sidious would rather kill Yoda than toy with him.

Aurbere
12.12.2012 , 03:33 PM | #60
Where did you get this from? Is that stated anywhere as a fact? Or are you willing to admit that is your interpretation?
"I have waited a long time for this moment... my little green friend."

Yeah...