Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 10's PVP with level 21

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Level 10's PVP with level 21

cheddar
12.20.2011 , 11:12 AM | #11
Oh wow you're going to be mad when you run into me

Level 46 Powertech.
"Unter allem Diebesgesindel sind die Narren die schlimmsten. Sie rauben euch beides, Zeit und Stimmung."

ryantor
12.20.2011 , 11:17 AM | #12
terrible system, they need to just make lvl brackets like WoW.... It is the most balanced you can get for battlegrounds.

Bollah
12.20.2011 , 11:22 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ryantor View Post
terrible system, they need to just make lvl brackets like WoW.... It is the most balanced you can get for battlegrounds.
WoW's bracket system is not even close to balanced. Certain classes will dominate everytime. In fact, some classes are unstoppable and god like pre-max level.

This is after they removed twinks from the regular pool. Not to mention people with legacy gear.

A level 20 vs. a level 45 in a Warzone in SWTOR is more balanced than a level 11 hunter going up against a 19 anything or a level 15 anything in WoW BGs.

They will probably need to add a level 50 bracket eventually.

Noesis
12.20.2011 , 11:23 AM | #14
Yeah. I actually like the current system. I've seen 46. Hopefully there is a 50 bracket.
Squadron 1020 Squadron 367

cheddar
12.20.2011 , 11:28 AM | #15
Classes become exceptionally viable around level 25-30 or so. You will be able to hold your own against someone much higher, though you will probably not win. Characters of all levels are still able to contribute to the game in a significant manner.

This system is an overall success. I believe it also prioritizes placing people of similar levels together, so when there is a sizable level 50 population they will not be playing with noobs.
"Unter allem Diebesgesindel sind die Narren die schlimmsten. Sie rauben euch beides, Zeit und Stimmung."

Frey
12.20.2011 , 11:33 AM | #16
ran into my first 50s last night.

(I'm 23 or so I think)

I've liked the system all they way through beta. Sure you are going to get creamed from time to time, but even as a lvl 10 I felt that I could always contribute to the team goals.

Atonnis
12.20.2011 , 11:39 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Firenze View Post
Its actually awesome... or else, with no cross server pvp, you would be waiting an hour to find people your level to pvp. It balances good. You can still win. Just not as republic.
NOT this.

It does not balance well - at all. The balancing system is utterly *****.

There either needs to be better level filtering or power-disabling for the higher ones.
'There is no such thing as a humble opinion.' - Me

snacktray
12.20.2011 , 11:40 AM | #18
My level 16 topped damage in my one hutball last night. I was grouped with 40s.

/shrug

SinRMcSinR
12.20.2011 , 11:43 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Bollah View Post

A level 20 vs. a level 45 in a Warzone in SWTOR is more balanced than a level 11 hunter going up against a 19 anything or a level 15 anything in WoW BGs.
Someone hasn't played low level BGs against a hunter.

if they can maintain distance, they can literally 1shot someone with no gear.

Anyways, I'm a fan of this bolstering thing, I'd take this over hour+ queues like the Vanilla PVP days
The McSinR Legacy of Harbinger. Just a burned out raider turned casual, don't mind me.

We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.
Founder, DDE VIP , Pre-Orderer for SWTOR and RotHC

Sarah_Kerrigan
12.20.2011 , 11:48 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Atonnis View Post
NOT this.

It does not balance well - at all. The balancing system is utterly *****.

There either needs to be better level filtering or power-disabling for the higher ones.
I don't think you know what balance is.
Quote:
Please do not post in a font size that is considered to be disruptive and is used only to fill a page. This too is considered spam.
BIOWARE, Y U GIVE ME BIG, BEAUTIFUL FONT IF U HATE IT SO MUCH?????