Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Calsetes
12.12.2012 , 10:16 AM | #401
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
Those 2 can't be gotten from anywhere but the shop? I didn't check but if true, you just blew the lid off those elite defenders.
Well, like I said, I haven't checked everything (for instance, when you complete the individual missions, then when you complete the "do these every day!" ones after those intro ones), but they're definitely not craftable, they're definitely not in the Fleet Comm vendor, and they're definitely not on the Credit Vendor. Unless they stashed them as a reward somewhere or on the Black Hole vendor, they're only in the Cartel Packs.
The average person thinks he isn't.
-Anonymous

BJWyler
12.12.2012 , 10:20 AM | #402
There was nothing that said PvP in your Wiki definition. I'll reprint again: "Pay-to-win" is sometimes used as a derogatory term to refer to games where paying for in-game items can give the player an advantage over other players, particularly if the items cannot be obtained by free means. "

Where in there does it say the exact letters P... v... and P? You put that standard out there, remember a few posts back? So you get to imply stuff in definitions but others can not. I just need to know what other rules you set down to give yourself an advantage in this. I just want to know what I'm working with.

Oh, and 2b btw.
You forgot about the second quote and reference I used, which did indeed mention multi-player, which I take to encompass PvP in addition to PvE.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

Jacen_Starsolo
12.12.2012 , 10:22 AM | #403
Quote: Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
Well, like I said, I haven't checked everything (for instance, when you complete the individual missions, then when you complete the "do these every day!" ones after those intro ones), but they're definitely not craftable, they're definitely not in the Fleet Comm vendor, and they're definitely not on the Credit Vendor. Unless they stashed them as a reward somewhere or on the Black Hole vendor, they're only in the Cartel Packs.
Thanks for the info. What little I saw, I knew it was a shop purchase or a grind for a month and thought "Screw this".

Jacen_Starsolo
12.12.2012 , 10:26 AM | #404
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
You forgot about the second quote and reference I used, which did indeed mention multi-player.

BJ
No I didn't forget the blog link. I just thought the only thing even more opinion based than Wikipedia was some person I never heard of blog post. I just found it too laughable tbh. Should I go make a blog post about something that disputes that and you will accept it? REALLY?

Vlacke
12.12.2012 , 10:26 AM | #405
Quote: Originally Posted by CDSzafraniec View Post
First, if you're a subscriber, you get free cartel coins. Everyone seems to forget that.

Second, how you do in your Space Missions doesn't effect me or my gameplay at all. I'm not going to buy anything, but if someone wants to drop the cash into the game and help keep it alive, good.
Pretty much this.
Telcontar Legacy

Jacen_Starsolo
12.12.2012 , 10:28 AM | #406
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
Then it's clear you have nothing of substance to add to the conversation.

Actually, I saw at least one or two posts from other players who listed the in game ways to get all items, so it appears that the parts are not cash shop exclusive. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find those posts at this time. I will have to dig a little deeper.

BJ
I'm looking on Dulfy's site now. I figure if anyone would have it, that one would. But still looking on how to obtain there.

Makillda
12.12.2012 , 10:30 AM | #407
I'm looking on Dulfy's site now. I figure if anyone would have it, that one would. But still looking on how to obtain there.
Daily Comms.

The Improved Electronic Warfare Pod is crafted. The EMP is purchased with comms directly, iirc.

That being said, I think it's total BS that the parts are available on the market at all. I'm of the opinion it's EA's way of dipping their toes into the P2W waters. If enough people buy the packs, we'll see end-game PVE/PVP gear on the market next patch. Count on it.

dpwms
12.12.2012 , 10:32 AM | #408
Its time for protest art!

Jacen_Starsolo
12.12.2012 , 10:33 AM | #409
Quote: Originally Posted by Makillda View Post
Daily Comms.
I just found it there and was coming back to post. I think the ones for Daily Comms are being overlooked because of where you have to get them from. Or what was on Dulfy's site was something different than what he said was in the packs.

Link to Dulfy page http://dulfy.net/2012/11/20/swtor-pa...pace-missions/

snewsh
12.12.2012 , 10:40 AM | #410
i played the chaa raa space mission with all the new gear and still pretty much died in a second when i flew past that minefield. if this was pay2win i want my win.