Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jacen_Starsolo
12.12.2012 , 09:30 AM | #381
Quote: Originally Posted by PunisherAS View Post
You sir obviously dont know what your talking about.
All the new gear for your ship costs A LOT of fleet comms to achieve,
You get Black-Hole comms after completing a mission
That = Pay2Win

People can pay money to go ahead and get all the best gear to roll content and get BH Comms, or the rest of the other players who choose not to, either have to farm or completely ignore it.

Or if Pay2Win isn't easy for you.
Telling the TRUTH to people. Good job.

BJWyler
12.12.2012 , 09:32 AM | #382
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacen_Starsolo View Post
Telling the TRUTH to people. Good job.
Please linky to the officially accepted definition of P2W please, cause all I saw was a definition for a word that doesn't have a P, 2, or W in it.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

Suzina
12.12.2012 , 09:34 AM | #383
Yes, it is very clearly pay-to-win.

These are not "cosmetic" space parts. These are the best-in-slot space parts for straight up cash, circumventing all space end-game, all crafters, and all comm requirements. Pay to win space.
Member of Bane Fleet

Jacen_Starsolo
12.12.2012 , 09:35 AM | #384
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
Please linky to the officially accepted definition of P2W please, cause all I saw was a definition for a word that doesn't have a P, 2, or W in it.

BJ
I will if you will provide one to say otherwise.

Jacen_Starsolo
12.12.2012 , 09:36 AM | #385
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzina View Post
Yes, it is very clearly pay-to-win.

These are not "cosmetic" space parts. These are the best-in-slot space parts for straight up cash, circumventing all space end-game, all crafters, and all comm requirements. Pay to win space.
And the new missions give BH comms so that carries over to non-space items being obtained by paying real world cash as a shortcut.

Edit: And some people are saying even after buying the packs that they still couldn't do the missions. So may be BioFAIL is starting a new trend. P2F = Pay 2 FAIL

BJWyler
12.12.2012 , 09:41 AM | #386
I will if you will provide one to say otherwise.
Well, If I may jog your memory, I already stated that there is no officially accepted definition of the term, but I can provide links from semi-official resources that mention the topic and controversy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microtransaction
Quote:
"Pay-to-win" is sometimes used as a derogatory term to refer to games where paying for in-game items can give the player an advantage over other players, particularly if the items cannot be obtained by free means.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play#Criticism
Quote:
Critics of the free-to-play approach are concerned that if players that paid for special items subsequently become better at a multiplayer game than those who did not purchase the same items, then it will not be as enjoyable as other games since players who paid more money are more successful than those who simply rely on skill.
http://www.danwei.org/electronic_gam...away_in_zt.php
ZT Online

BJ

Jacen_Starsolo
12.12.2012 , 09:45 AM | #387
I'll go and edit Wikipedia to say something else. People can put anything on there. Heck, they can put an entry that says your dad is really your mom.

All opinion. So why are you championing one side and not being unbiased?

BJWyler
12.12.2012 , 09:47 AM | #388
I'll go and edit Wikipedia to say something else. People can put anything on there. Heck, they can put an entry that says your dad is really your mom.

All opinion. So why are you championing one side and not being unbiased?
And it's still more than you have offered up to this point other than your own personal opinion.

Because, by nature, opinions are biased based on personal preferences and feelings (did I really have to explain that to you). You are quite free to express your displeasure at the market based on your own personal feelings, but when you start throwing around terms like TRUTH, then I have a problem it and will express my opinion to the contrary and explain my justifications for feeling that way.

BJ

Jacen_Starsolo
12.12.2012 , 09:49 AM | #389
"Pay-to-win" is sometimes used as a derogatory term to refer to games where paying for in-game items can give the player an advantage over other players, particularly if the items cannot be obtained by free means. "

Particularly but did NOT say EXCLUSIVELY btw, does it? Nope. Thanks. Even though it's WikiOPINIONpedia, it doesn't limit what it can be. And since the pay items lead to BH comms, it does fit the definition you provided. Again even though it's a loose one that had to use WikiEDITORIALpedia.

Andryah
12.12.2012 , 09:55 AM | #390
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
Well, If I may jog your memory, I already stated that there is no officially accepted definition of the term, but I can provide links from semi-official resources that mention the topic and controversy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microtransaction

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play#Criticism

http://www.danwei.org/electronic_gam...away_in_zt.php
ZT Online

BJ
Pretty much right on the money. There is no broadly accepted definition of P2W. It's whatever anyone wants it to mean for their purposes of rant, complaint, and QQ. The fact is that P2W is being used in this forum almost exclusively as a perjorative to prosecute a biased point of view AND every stale and used pet peeve complainers have about the game. It's not even being done in an entertaining manner either.

Folks, if you do not like microtransactions, then do not make use of them. Period. End of story. IF, you represent the majority view in the player base... then the huge decline in sales would send a message to the producer. Then again, there is no evidence you represent anything close to a majority view of the players of this game.

If microstransactions offend you even half as much as some of you portray... you should give up MMOs completely.....because in the near future all MMOs will be microtransaction based.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.