Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BJWyler
12.12.2012 , 07:23 AM | #371
Quote: Originally Posted by EATtheDEAD View Post
This is why f2p and sub/cash shop games are a virus infecting and destroying this once great genre of gaming. And we are all already infected.
Welcome to progress. It could be that f2p is what saves the genre when the old way of gaming and thinking would run it into the ground. People can hate WoW all they want, but the only reason we still have an MMO genre is because of WoW. If it wasn't Blizzard, it would have been another game company making a game just like WoW. The days of the poopsocker are over; the era of the ganker has ended; the age of the parents-basement dwelling troll have passed. This and things like Steam and Origin are the future of the genre. Society has changed and is continuing to change and so must our forms of entertainment. Like it or not that is progress and not disease.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

Goretzu
12.12.2012 , 07:36 AM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by BJWyler View Post
Welcome to progress. It could be that f2p is what saves the genre when the old way of gaming and thinking would run it into the ground. People can hate WoW all they want, but the only reason we still have an MMO genre is because of WoW. If it wasn't Blizzard, it would have been another game company making a game just like WoW. The days of the poopsocker are over; the era of the ganker has ended; the age of the parents-basement dwelling troll have passed. This and things like Steam and Origin are the future of the genre. Society has changed and is continuing to change and so must our forms of entertainment. Like it or not that is progress and not disease.

BJ
Actually I think if it weren't for WoW we might have the old system, small developers putting out innovative MMORPGs.

Instead we have everyone trying to "do a WoW" and failing badly with little to no innovation.

I don't see F2P changing this, in fact I see it making it all much worse.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

snowmon
12.12.2012 , 07:38 AM | #373
im disgusted that this crap is on the cartel market, honestly last night you should have heard me on TS with my guildies once i logged in to look at the new space missions, thats the one thing i wanted cause i enjoy them. but its impossible for me to complete them with the current gear i have on my ship, so now i have to either fork out money or spend the next 2 months grinding older content before i can even look at attempting the new space missions.

you can stick your cash shop up your arse, i have not spent a penny on it and i will continue to not spend a penny on it. im going to spend the next 2 months grinding just to say FU EA :P
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

Jacen_Starsolo
12.12.2012 , 07:46 AM | #374
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
P2W is exactly what you discribe (it has nothing to do with PvP other than that being a terrible place for it), circumventing gameplay by paying RL cash to do so.

That is P2W.
the TRUTH. People act like it's only can be applied to PvP.

DarthBama
12.12.2012 , 08:40 AM | #375
If it makes any of you feel better, the missions are a pain in the butt even with buying the gear. I felt like I wasted my real dollars after trying a few, lol.

Jacen_Starsolo
12.12.2012 , 08:47 AM | #376
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBama View Post
If it makes any of you feel better, the missions are a pain in the butt even with buying the gear. I felt like I wasted my real dollars after trying a few, lol.
I even saved the 300k in-game credits by not buying that one piece after talking to a guildie.

By Grabthar's Hammer... what a savings.

recsa
12.12.2012 , 09:12 AM | #377
Could you guys stop talking about WoW and focus the discussion on SWTOR??? i couldnt care less about WoW, i only worry about SWTOR and its development.

We were said, SWTOR would NEVER have P2W items on market, now we have, so i guess we deserve an explanation, as customers we have the right to know whats the direction the game is heading.

Im pretty sure BW will show up saying its not P2W because Space Missions are just an optional part of the game, not even one of its core systems, and its truth, at least they will admit the pussyness of Space Missions, but same can be applied to the rest of systems, thay are all "optional", you can PvP, but you dont NEED, so its optional.

Again ... easy question: Will we keep seeing P2W items on market?
A long time from now, in a galaxy far, far away, fanbois will realize they hurt games they love in a way no troll could ever dream of.

Vlacke
12.12.2012 , 09:13 AM | #378
This thread is full of BS and some here clearly have no idea what p2w means, because this is certainly not that.
Resident trolls aside, i'm amazed by some people's inability to think clearly with their own heads.
Telcontar Legacy

Digimanbyte_ID
12.12.2012 , 09:13 AM | #379
Quote: Originally Posted by Dirtyshadow View Post
Am I reading and understanding the following right....

Grade 7 items I know of ingame cost a huge amount of daily / fleet commendations as well as pricey craftable objects... so giving them out day 1 of the new heroic space missions, in a Cartel pack...
circumventing all ingame crafting/grinding by throwing real world money at them...
is that not by definition "Pay2Win" Space Missions ???
If only it was mini game then it would be okay.... wait thats right it is.

Don't forget those mission even with the gear are as hard as hell. Fact is they only added them because it didn't make any sense to force people to grind for them when they can just buy them for a mini game.

PunisherAS
12.12.2012 , 09:22 AM | #380
Quote: Originally Posted by Vlacke View Post
This thread is full of BS and some here clearly have no idea what p2w means, because this is certainly not that.
Resident trolls aside, i'm amazed by some people's inability to think clearly with their own heads.
You sir obviously dont know what your talking about.
All the new gear for your ship costs A LOT of fleet comms to achieve,
You get Black-Hole comms after completing a mission
That = Pay2Win

People can pay money to go ahead and get all the best gear to roll content and get BH Comms, or the rest of the other players who choose not to, either have to farm or completely ignore it.

Or if Pay2Win isn't easy for you.

Quote:
"shortcut"
"a method or means of doing something more directly and quickly than and often not so thoroughly as by ordinary procedure"
Collectors Edition Owner
Fargos (Main Tank/Powertech) of
Aggressive Negotiations