Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

DarthFamine's Avatar


DarthFamine
12.12.2012 , 07:54 AM | #721
Yeah i'm insulted.

will I buy them?

No

*shrug*
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

saremun's Avatar


saremun
12.12.2012 , 07:56 AM | #722
BW is no more.

the people who manege this game now are people in black suits with big bellies full with cash, they have no feelings or love for this game, they care only about money, you dont beleive me? well look at which direction the game is heading to.

Sad Sad Sad, the only image i get when i remember the time when i check the new trailers and class progression videos while EXITED to death and now.

BJWyler's Avatar


BJWyler
12.12.2012 , 07:58 AM | #723
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
I disagree many F2P MMORPG give subsrcibers (or the equiverlent) up to their subscription amount (in RL cash) worth of cashshop coins.

And remember they ONLY reason you can buy ONE Life Day pack this year is because you were given up to 2900CC in a lump sum, once that lump sum is gone you have to rely on your monthly income which would take at least 4 months to save up for ONE Life Day Pack.
Which is fine for those games. Would it be great if BW does that here? Of course, but I'm not crying over it. Whether we get the free coins or not has no bearing on my staying subbed to the game. Getting one Life Day pack is acceptable to me - based on my reasonings in the previous post. Again, I still get free coins - maybe not as much as other games, but I am not playing those games, I am paying and playing SWTOR. What I get here is not yet unreasonable to me, and I can get everything I want over time without having to pay one dime more than my monthly sub - either via the free coins or via the GTN. So yes, I will call to task those who think this is forcing subs to pay more money because in truth it is not.



Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
Ah I see. Yeah for general cosmetic stuff the pricing isn't terrible (as a pack anyway) although it's not cheap either, but for novelty goods I still find it bonkers at over 1 months $ subscription cost per character.
This whole game is a novelty. It is a form of enterainment where we are playing (and paying) for pixels on a screen. The fact that a holiday pack is $17.50 is not much of an issue for me when I have spent thousands of dollars over the last 30 years for what amounts to pretty much the same thing.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

Prysha's Avatar


Prysha
12.12.2012 , 07:59 AM | #724
Im not that highlevel yet ( lvl 39 ) so i cant tell about new content... and maybe thats why the new content is blurred... the cartel shop madness feels more intense... since the low level only notice the cartel shop madness?!
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

Marak's Avatar


Marak
12.12.2012 , 08:02 AM | #725
You all are being ridiculous.

This wasn't just "cats and cows". This was a patch that included a new warzone and new tier of PvP gear.

We also recently got 3-4 hours of content in the HK line. Before that we got a new operation and new tier of PvE content.

I mean seriously-- just because there is a lawnmower with Christmas lights on the cartel shop doesn't mean that's *all* there is.
Cag - Juggernaut | V'ae - Sorcerer | V'ay - Mercenary
<The Jyse Legacy (50)> | Jedi Covenant
Aenik - Assassin | Vhay - Operative | K'rie - Sniper | Vhae - Marauder

Prysha's Avatar


Prysha
12.12.2012 , 08:09 AM | #726
as i said in another thread... many people who are lowlevel only notice the cartel shop madness...

also they notice that the Rank 7 ship parts are Pay to get ( yes also grind to get ).. and they are unhappy with it..
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

Fornix's Avatar


Fornix
12.12.2012 , 08:12 AM | #727
Quote: Originally Posted by Marak View Post
You all are being ridiculous.

This wasn't just "cats and cows". This was a patch that included a new warzone and new tier of PvP gear.

We also recently got 3-4 hours of content in the HK line. Before that we got a new operation and new tier of PvE content.

I mean seriously-- just because there is a lawnmower with Christmas lights on the cartel shop doesn't mean that's *all* there is.
Don't expect reason or logic to apply here, this is just one of the forms of SWTOR endgame:

- Flashpoints
- Operations
- Space
- PvP
- Forum ranting & trolling
Member of <Helix>

DeadlyConqueror's Avatar


DeadlyConqueror
12.12.2012 , 08:15 AM | #728
Quote: Originally Posted by Marak View Post
You all are being ridiculous.

This wasn't just "cats and cows". This was a patch that included a new warzone and new tier of PvP gear.

.
I'm sorry but we are at 1 year anniversary and i expected much more in this year than a couple of operations, two flashpoints, two warzones and a companion.

z-monty's Avatar


z-monty
12.12.2012 , 08:18 AM | #729
While I'm a tad disappointed that there wont be any Christmas themed stuff here, it's really boggling my mind how many people are complaining over something so trivial. I guess people will really complain about anything these days, even as something as trivial as fluff Life Day packs. If you dont like it, dont buy it.... honestly, how hard is this? BW and EA put it up there in case a few people actually did like it and wanted to spend some money for them, that's it. No one forces you to buy the crap and even though the prices are a bit ridiculous I still dont think it warrents this much whinning here.

As for content... I mean, didn't we all /just/ get done doing the HK missions? I dunno about everyone else but I loved doing that. I've gotten enough stuff over the past year to keep me happy leveling up my alts and doing plenty of endgame stuff. Would more in-game events be nice? Sure. Is it ground breaking there wont be one? No. I honestly just dont get why all the complaining.

With that said, let the flaming continue...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sutii View Post
No, I'm not a big fan of the Queen or Royal Family, but yes, I do love tea.
Well played CS... well played

Petnil's Avatar


Petnil
12.12.2012 , 08:23 AM | #730
Ofc thereīs more than Cartel Market. But the thing about BEAware loosing their passion on swtor, i think many of us feel that. Iīm not sure why i feel like that. Maybe itīs that we rarely ever see any official responses on forums other than support forum. The bugs that are still in swtor from launch doesnīt help.

I tried GW2 and the flow of that game is much better, i havenīt had a disconnect in GW2 yet. The GW2 world and playstyle just isnīt me. I like this WoWclone better tbh, even with all the flaws. But BEAware needs to step it up and do some engine optimisation. If this is the best they can do with this engine, they should think about finding another.