Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NeverSuffer
12.12.2012 , 01:23 AM | #391
Prophesy of the Five
CableOne
Oklahoma

I love this game but I can't even complete a warzone without getting bumped out... how am I supposed to play? Please fix!

IBioMECHI
12.12.2012 , 01:45 AM | #392
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi all,

Thank you for the reports. Can you please post up your server, approximate location and ISP if you are having this problem?
The Bastion
Asahikawa, JAPAN
NTT Hikari (Fiber Optics)

MorgonKara
12.12.2012 , 04:08 AM | #393
earlier tonight i had about 4 lag spikes up to 12000+ ms and disconnects in a row. each time i was only online a few minutes before getting kicked. i got frustrated and logged into LOTRO, played for 4 hours without a single disconnect. This tells me it's not my internet, it's this game. Nobodys internet is perfect but this game seems pretty unforgiving, there is packetloss or something that escalates and just kicks you.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Longshotking
12.12.2012 , 05:44 AM | #394
Prophecy of the five
Cox
Oklahoma

keep getting error 9000 every 5-10 minutes.

Wereblaidd
12.12.2012 , 06:20 AM | #395
I have bad lag and keep getting the Error Code 9000 message after about 20-30 mins of game play this is on two different servers.

The Harbinger
Jedi Covenant
Mediacom
Gulf Breeze. FL

Come on y'all get it fixed didn't have this until this latest update.

Update:

Just got done playing on WoW for over an hour and no problems there. Has to be in this game. Just my two cents.

OwenBrooks
12.12.2012 , 07:15 AM | #396
For those that get the 9000 error and lag, below is what information is required to ascertain likely issue.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings MorgonKara,

Firstly, if you connect via Wi-Fi please instead connect your machine directly with a cable if possible.

We do have a connectivity troubleshooting page here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1476
It may be helpful to some users to go through that and perform any of the relevant steps.

To try to identify connectivity problems can I ask you to post your pathping results here.
To do this please go through the following steps while experiencing lag:

In order to generate a pathping, please complete the following steps:
  • Press Windows Key + R, type ‘cmd’ and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter. Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter rather than just enter will run this command as administrator and prevent the message 'the requested operation requires elevation'. In the command window, please type in the following command:
  • pathping -n xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    • Please replace ‘xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx’ with the relevant server IP below.
      • If you play on an East Coast server: 159.153.92.28
      • If you play on a West Coast server: 159.153.68.252
      • If you play on a European server: 159.153.72.252
      • If you play on an Asia Pacific server: 175.45.88.182

This may take a couple of minutes so please wait whilst it completes. Once the information is visible please right click and select "Mark", you can then select all the information using your mouse, when you have selected everything press return/enter. This will have copied all the information that you have selected. Paste it to a text document and save.
  • Copy/Paste the content of the file into your post using this format: [spoiler]content of pathping.txt[/spoiler]
Please modify your pathping file so that your IP address which is entry number 1 in the list of IP addresses is not visible and attach the pathping.txt to your reply for analysis.

Please note we are unable to support users with 3G internet connections or over-clocked systems.

jprife
12.12.2012 , 07:45 AM | #397
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgonKara View Post
i got frustrated and logged into LOTRO, played for 4 hours without a single disconnect. This tells me it's not my internet, it's this game.
Yep, I've been playing a couple of other MMOs and they work perfectly---no crashes or latency/lag red x's of death. Also, my Vent communications remain completely functional and uninterrupted during the SWTOR latency spikes, DCs, and server boots. Some experts on this thread have traced the problem back to the data center in Austin, which is experiencing serious packet loss. The problem started immediately after the super servers came online and everyone was transferred to them. This thread is evidence enough that the problem is almost universal and that Bioware apparently is ignoring it.

BTW, I tried to test the new WZ yesterday, but promptly hit the lag, and was kicked out of Voidstar in the middle of the battle. I just exited and started playing one of my other MMOs. very frustrating!!!

jprife
12.12.2012 , 07:48 AM | #398
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
For those that get the 9000 error and lag, below is what information is required to ascertain likely issue.
None of this works. As I noted above, and repeatedly in this epic thread, we've all done that, and the problem has been traced back to EA/BW's data center in Austin. It's not us.

OwenBrooks
12.12.2012 , 08:03 AM | #399
Quote: Originally Posted by jprife View Post
None of this works. As I noted above, and repeatedly in this epic thread, we've all done that, and the problem has been traced back to EA/BW's data center in Austin. It's not us.
That maybe true in your case but i know i dont go through the data center in austin, the path ping will provide some indication if that user has an issue with the servers or the problem could be say an anti virus program trying to scan the game files which will cause performance issues and has appeared like a large ping spike in previous cases.

Marcaunon
12.12.2012 , 09:44 AM | #400
There are theoretically 5 things involved when playing the game.
1 The client software (swtor.exe)
2 The clients PC (your hardware)
3 the internet (transporting data between client and server)
4 The server Hardware
5 The server software (meaning the actual program running on the server hardware)

If something is wrong in the client primarily you will see the client freezing or dropping to very low frame rate.

Secondly if your hardware is not keeping up you can see this by monitoring things like cpu/gpu usage and system temperatures. Also if don't have SSD then running something like swtor unleashed might help.
Generally if your system is not keeping up reducing settings will improve performance.

The internet section can be tested using things like ping/pingpath/traceroute/netstat ect.
Note that these things essentially communicates with the OS on the server cluster gateway.
The server software does not know anything about you pinging it or not.

Lastly the only person that can actually see anything about server software is bioware.

==============================

Now I'm repeatedly confirmed that
1) I can not related the problem with latency or dropped packets I see on ping/pathping.
For example while seeing 10000+msecs ingame I see <200msecs in ping (btw I live in south africa)

2) I've confirmed that never my GPU or CPU is running close to maximum capacity and the latency I see is not related to FPS I see in the client.
Also when things kinda freeze up (I mean over 3000msecs latency) the client is not dead. you can still click things and so forth.

So my deduction is that
1) internet is fine
2) my client is active and when I click something seems to be happening.
But somehow responses information is not being received back from the server software.

I'm a bit unsure how to further debug the problem....
I was hoping that I can talk to somebody in Customer Support about this further to get to the bottom of this.
But I'm pretty sure I will unsub before they read this or my ticket... but maybe not. who knows.

I really enjoy the game when its working which mind you does happen. This is not a constant problem for me.
It goes on and off.
What I did notice previously is that if I play on times when less other people are on the server (say in the morning) then the problem is a lot less.... so the amount of people on the server seems to vaguely correlate with the latency spikes.