Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shocking truths about premades in Normal Warzones.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Shocking truths about premades in Normal Warzones.

Eggsalicious
12.11.2012 , 04:52 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Debaucher View Post
Last but not least. Atleast the premades i run do not capitalise on voice communication in order to win.
Most do, and it gives them a huge advantage. I'm fine with this advantage, and I'm fine with pre-mades rolling PUGs in WZs. But let's not confuse the ability to communicate with actual skill.

...forcing people to not play with their mates ... forums would flood with OMG NABS EVERYWHERE threads asking for another solution.
Perhaps pushing for another solution isn't a bad idea.

PS : Is it true that the SW:TOR PvP team is the one who came up with the bombing spec for Bright Wizards on WaR? You ppl actually managed to make something even worse. Congratulations.
That would be Gersh. His obsession with OP fire mages caused a mass exodus from Rift as well, but at least his bias was clear. Class balance in this game is just so...random.

A friend of mine once theorized that class balancing was based on which class had ganked which dev's girlfriend, but there's no Open World PvP and I'm fairly certain that these devs have no girlfriends. Your guess is as good as mine.

~Eggs

Leafy_Bug
12.12.2012 , 06:30 AM | #42
I play with the Op when we both pug and he is an excellent player. I have a fond memory of Alderaan where his scoundrel and my shadow managed to chain lock 3 imps and steal the turret to win the game by a whisker. In any case, the original post has many valid points and I have nothing against premades in normal pvp. We all get to enjoy the game in one way or another. I have also learned that with every patch, the republic side seems to lose a bit of IQ points when it comes to PVP. Let us take yesterday as another example. My guild was quite empty after the servers came back up so I did not have sufficient people online to form my own premade. What happened? I pugged of course and got into a warzone.

I looked at the ops window, I was the only one with gear and 3 had no expertise. We all know peeps are farming relics and don't even bother putting some expertise. It was I'risa vs White Noise premade. Those on TOFN know what I am talking about. All good and fun going in there, getting smashed for 5k-6k, chain locked dead. The stats at the end were super: i did 130k dmg (the second guy had 40k dmg) while the imps killed in the 30s and 40s and got the 300k medals. I 'enjoyed' that game immensely and decided to get more 'fun' in a second pug queue.

I joined a Voidstar where 2 people had gear, myself and one guardian, the rest were pretty bad. We were against FUBAR and we won by letting them get the datacore while we did not. Our strategy involved having people not use chat to call incoming and not even saying anything in chat. Healers were ignored by most except myself and that guardian. We were the ones that actually tried to make a difference while we lived. 2-4s? Cant remember, the 5k railshots where the highlight of my day. In any case, my winning streak continues to 14 in favor of the imps ( i play on the rep side) and I kind of gave up after that.

As I said, I have nothing against premades, keep queuing them, trash all these bad players in PVP so they actually go play mario because I really am fed up with trying to do something in a wz, while they stay left in alderaan getting medals.

PS: My old server, LC, had the same issue and with premades we weeded out the bad players. Before the server demise, we were queuing in normal 8 WH peeps with voice and warzones were enjoyable. Red Order vs Dai Bendu vs Judge matches were fun.

Debaucher
12.12.2012 , 06:57 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by RankorSSGS View Post
This. 8 man premades are an issue. 4 mans are not.
To my understanding, this is how the premade rant started. But now most people just want to see premades burn in hell.

Quote: Originally Posted by mrdert View Post
No reason to complain about OP classes. If you're a "true pvper" in ranked warzones, you're playing one of those classes.
More like, you were forced to reroll to one of those classes and every time you log in you are forced to see how much dust your underpowered toon has gathered so far . Think you got me kinda wrong. This attitude does not apply to this game only. Perhaps rephrasing into: ppl who actually love to pvp don't really care about how broken the enemies class is, they are gonna go kill it anyway. If they fail, respawn, reflect on what went wrong, give it another go.

Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
I play with the Op when we both pug and he is an excellent player.
Quoted for being THE TRUTH

Also, why people are complaining about BM being removed is beyond me. Now you guys can get Full WH gear really fast. What 1.6 did is to practically eliminate the gear gap. The upgrades the EWH gear give are trivial. But hey, gotta b*tch for something right?
Aolyn, Scoundrel Healer.
Occasional Scrapper!

Coral

AdamLKvist
12.12.2012 , 07:02 AM | #44
PvE'rs are the only ones sad to see BM go because it removes customisation and itemisation options for their set bonuses.
The Forgotten Legacy
Ancestry/Mythology
TOFN

Fixiooo
12.12.2012 , 07:12 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
As I said, I have nothing against premades, keep queuing them, trash all these bad players in PVP so they actually go play mario because I really am fed up with trying to do something in a wz, while they stay left in alderaan getting medals.
Hey now. Don't hate me for defending the left turret because everyone else goes elsewhere. Sometimes it gets really lonely

This was one right in the feels

Washingtoon
12.12.2012 , 07:26 AM | #46
Stopped reading around the part where you said that you couldnt play rateds without the more or less perfect rooster. That's the problem right there. I'm not expecting anyone to play rated with 8 commandos but it has reached the point where people are so afraid to lose that they rather split up into two groups for normal warzones than take one "less optional" player.

The same thing happens when someone is trying to pug some rateds for fun. The hardcore group will instantly pick up on it, gather their best players and join the queue. Stuff like that is not exactly helping the situation because that pug group will now only play one game.

Harrasment
12.12.2012 , 07:26 AM | #47
Cant add more than what I'risa sayd.

I only do pug wz, rarely i grp with some guildie, and what i see sometimes is something like "i have see things that u cant imagine". From time to time i just think that people are masochist and they enjoy loosing wz.

Just why u need to try a 3cap while we alrdy have 2, why u cant write "s2 or l3" its simple -.- 1 letter 1 number.
Why u cant buy a normal gear. why u stay behind the ball career just stomping your head on the keyboard tryng to get some kill while your career is getting stomped alone tryng to score.
Why the hell u love so much mid.....we have the ball ppl stay in mid, sith are scoring and reps are all in mid...we have the 2 opposite turret in CW and rep go mid, we are defending heavy the east panel and ppl go mid.

Its just incredible that leaves me without any logic comprhension.

I just started to stay afk in those type of wz, i hate it but i hate more fighting with those type of genius.
May the force be with u
Bloodvain Shadow lvl 50
ToFN PvP EU Rebel Dream guild
PvP PvP and again PvP

Debaucher
12.12.2012 , 07:36 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Washingtoon View Post
Stopped reading around the part where you said that you couldnt play rateds without the more or less perfect rooster. That's the problem right there. I'm not expecting anyone to play rated with 8 commandos but it has reached the point where people are so afraid to lose that they rather split up into two groups for normal warzones than take one "less optional" player.

The same thing happens when someone is trying to pug some rateds for fun. The hardcore group will instantly pick up on it, gather their best players and join the queue. Stuff like that is not exactly helping the situation because that pug group will now only play one game.

Pretty sure there are some Coral wins with me in the group where we win or atleast are competitive with Commando healer and no bubble stun sage, and some with a commando DPS. But then again, try playing huttball without a combat sentinel. Its like starting the game one goal behind. Just saying. Or even better. Try having anything but a shadow defending weak node. Its a defeat by the time you entered. If you cannot understand why is that, theres not so much i can do

I have yet to see people puging rateds for fun. They pug for comms farm. Do you know how irritating it is getting a pop after 30 mins or so and entering an empty warzone possibly because 2 pug groups are trying to farm by trading wins or w/e ? Try holding the group you created together after that
Aolyn, Scoundrel Healer.
Occasional Scrapper!

Coral

Veniras
12.12.2012 , 07:41 AM | #49
I have yet to see people puging rateds for fun.
Funny thing is that rated could work if ppl just didn't care that much about having an optimal team. The 8-man requirement was implemented to discourage quitting during match.

Let's say everybody groups up, cross-guilds and everything. That could make for great rankd play as the ELO-ratings should only pit equal teams against eachother. And there should be a lot of teams

Instead everybody gets their a-team together and the queue dies.

islander
12.12.2012 , 07:43 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by DweezillKagemand View Post
So basically SWTOR?
Yeah, and WoW PvP before this.

As long as developers continue to look PvP with PvE, you'll get these results - like hitting your head against a brick wall you know isn't going anywhere.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five