Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who LOVES 1.6?

enteri
12.12.2012 , 01:02 AM | #21
I haven't played it yet, but I also think that reducing gear gap was a great move. PVP should be about fun not gear. Good players still will be better then the rest because the time invested in playing increased their skill not only gear. And latter will still be better due to min/maxing, and using EWH, but the gap will not be that vast anymore.

I don't believe you weren't sick of wzs, where 3/4 of the team had 14-15k hp. That meant insta gank. Bad players will still bebad, but they will last longer, which will buy some time for the good ones.

thamightyboro
12.12.2012 , 02:53 AM | #22
New wz is awful and over too fast be it win or lose makes the seeing it pop a SIGH moment.

xp gains from it due to time it takes are crap and the win conditions need to be increased by another 33%

Should not be queueing and waiting for 5-8 minutes for a warzone that in all liklihood is going to last the same amount of time.

Haven't played on my mando yet just grabbed a few bits of WH then started pulling the mods/armor etc out till I ran out of credits and still have another 7 pieces to pull Sadly I'm stuffed by this BW billing issue of too many tranasactions so I cant even buy some CC for some fast credits nor can i be arsed to run boring dailies.
"If someone had came up to me in the 80s and said we will
be playing games with 1000s of people at the same time.
My response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

Jenzali
12.12.2012 , 03:08 AM | #23
The new warzone is incredibly fun. Fast paced, decisive, and unlike most of the other WZs you can actually make a comeback even if your team does poorly in the first round.

As for the new gear, I'm a healer Merc so I haven't been able to trade in any new gear due to the bug. But I'm pretty excited at the opportunity to min/max my stats once again. Hopefully to beat my server's record for largest heal.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Malds
12.12.2012 , 03:29 AM | #24
Im loving it.

I have been fully min maxed on my shadow for a while but the easy gear grind is refreshing for myself to either build new geae or re roll without the worry of having to grind for months to get an alt to the same level

Also its great to see newbies and bads have a chance rather than get steam rolled then cry here. No more excuses for having better gear.

The new wz is awesome and i can see lots of tactics coming into play for rwzs. People who arnt enjoying it are mad. Its a huge cluster of pire pvp in the middle which is awesome. Been waiting for a wz like this for a while.

People will still moan but i think its a great refreshing change to node caping spam.
Expulze - Sniper
E
xpulse - Powertech

dannycarr
12.12.2012 , 03:42 AM | #25
Liking the new WZ, only done one match which we won, but still need to get to grips with some tactics for it to be truly enjoyable. My combat medic commando is mainly BM and Recruit geared when the patch hit, I have managed to grab the WH chest and already.

I think its great that the gear gap is gone and it will now be based on skill. Now looking forward to the next week when I can farm my full WH set and see how that improves my performance and survivability as a healer in WZ's.

Vladnar
12.12.2012 , 03:43 AM | #26
1.6 = a big thumbs up. GOOD JOB, keep em coming.
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

Karkais
12.12.2012 , 03:48 AM | #27
I stayed up too late cause I got stuck pvping the entire evening and deep into the night. Except for one match where I was stunned to oblivion, I had lots of fun. I'm not sure exactly what changed apart from people getting into WH more easily, but whatever the change was I like it.
"What is a Sith? Over time, the beliefs have changed, but one constant has remained. The imposition of one's will on the force, on the environment surrounding one, on the galaxy itself." - Darth Wyyrlok III

Totaltrash
12.12.2012 , 04:15 AM | #28
Hmm, glad everyone seems to like it, but I no idea what game you guys are playing.
For me 1.6 has made no difference so far:

Steamrolling when matched with a good team, getting stomped when matched with a bad one.
Still a stun fest, still lots of leavers.
And still a bunch of fools making the same old mistakes, only now they are in better gear.

New wz isn't bad, but clearly biased towards stealthers. Otherwise, just a spiffed up cap-and-hold rehash.

Malds
12.12.2012 , 04:43 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
Hmm, glad everyone seems to like it, but I no idea what game you guys are playing.
For me 1.6 has made no difference so far:

Steamrolling when matched with a good team, getting stomped when matched with a bad one.
Still a stun fest, still lots of leavers.
And still a bunch of fools making the same old mistakes, only now they are in better gear.

New wz isn't bad, but clearly biased towards stealthers. Otherwise, just a spiffed up cap-and-hold rehash.
Err...what had any of that got to do with the pattch update?

1. Getting stomped is down to players this is a multiplayer game and believe it or not but when you pug, you will end up with players who dont have the same skillset as yourself. This is why you can que as a premade so you can play with equaly skilled players.
2. Stun fest..i still dont het this crap. Each team can stun..so use your own stuns to stun bavk. Ita an equal trrade. I honestly dont see the issue here. If you dont like stuns and roots play gws 2 theres sweet f all cc management thete which is one of the many reasons its failing.
3. If your calling new players fools thrn your kust pathetic. Like point 1 above, some people just cant keep up with pvp in this game and simple play for fun. Sure its annoying but what use is there insulting them. Ivr lost many a warzone due to bad players, but thats what i get for pugging. Again..there is nothing you have mentioned which has anything to do with this patch.
As for leavers, its annoying true but i wont go into that. Most of the time me and my premade can carry without 1 or 2 leavers.

Seriously, biased towards stealthers? Its a two cap like any other cap wz but you have to be out of stealth on middle to cap those bunle things..what in that mission makes stealthers better? I dont think you get the warzone...

Sorry for spelling, on phone.
Expulze - Sniper
E
xpulse - Powertech

Totaltrash
12.12.2012 , 05:07 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Malds View Post
Err...what had any of that got to do with the pattch update?

1. Getting stomped is down to players this is a multiplayer game and believe it or not but when you pug, you will end up with players who dont have the same skillset as yourself. This is why you can que as a premade so you can play with equaly skilled players.
2. Stun fest..i still dont het this crap. Each team can stun..so use your own stuns to stun bavk. Ita an equal trrade. I honestly dont see the issue here. If you dont like stuns and roots play gws 2 theres sweet f all cc management thete which is one of the many reasons its failing.
3. If your calling new players fools thrn your kust pathetic. Like point 1 above, some people just cant keep up with pvp in this game and simple play for fun. Sure its annoying but what use is there insulting them. Ivr lost many a warzone due to bad players, but thats what i get for pugging. Again..there is nothing you have mentioned which has anything to do with this patch.
As for leavers, its annoying true but i wont go into that. Most of the time me and my premade can carry without 1 or 2 leavers.

Seriously, biased towards stealthers? Its a two cap like any other cap wz but you have to be out of stealth on middle to cap those bunle things..what in that mission makes stealthers better? I dont think you get the warzone...

Sorry for spelling, on phone.
Ok, nevermind the spelling I got the idea.

My post was in response to all these happy guys claiming that 1.6 somehow made warzones balanced in one day - which was clearly not the case in any of the warzones I've played today - it was business as usual.
Also, I'm not bashing anybody, I'm just saying that the smaller gear gap hardly made a difference.

The new warzone is biased towards stealthers because it's hard (if not impossible) to see when they cap due to the graphics. And yes, it is just another variation of cap-and-hold, just like Civil War and Novare - nothing novel, just a rehash.