Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error 9000 again

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MorgonKara
12.11.2012 , 10:46 PM | #1
I keep getting DCd from the server. I get large lag spikes and then kicked to server screen or booted to desktop. It's not my anti-virus and my internet is working fine. Any ideas?
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

Marcaunon
12.12.2012 , 01:11 AM | #2

MorgonKara
12.12.2012 , 04:14 AM | #3
thanks i missed that one. earlier tonight i had about 4 lag spikes up to 12000+ ms and disconnects in a row. each time i was only online a few minutes before getting kicked. i got frustrated and logged into LOTRO, played for 4 hours without a single disconnect. This tells me it's not my internet, it's this game. Nobodys internet is perfect but this game seems pretty unforgiving, there is packetloss or something that escalates and just kicks you from the server.

Cerimon
12.12.2012 , 04:26 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings MorgonKara,

Firstly, if you connect via Wi-Fi please instead connect your machine directly with a cable if possible.

We do have a connectivity troubleshooting page here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1476
It may be helpful to some users to go through that and perform any of the relevant steps.

To try to identify connectivity problems can I ask you to post your pathping results here.
To do this please go through the following steps while experiencing lag:

In order to generate a pathping, please complete the following steps:
  • Press Windows Key + R, type ‘cmd’ and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter. Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter rather than just enter will run this command as administrator and prevent the message 'the requested operation requires elevation'. In the command window, please type in the following command:
  • pathping -n xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    • Please replace ‘xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx’ with the relevant server IP below.
      • If you play on an East Coast server: 159.153.92.28
      • If you play on a West Coast server: 159.153.68.252
      • If you play on a European server: 159.153.72.252
      • If you play on an Asia Pacific server: 175.45.88.182

This may take a couple of minutes so please wait whilst it completes. Once the information is visible please right click and select "Mark", you can then select all the information using your mouse, when you have selected everything press return/enter. This will have copied all the information that you have selected. Paste it to a text document and save.
  • Copy/Paste the content of the file into your post using this format: [spoiler]content of pathping.txt[/spoiler]
Please modify your pathping file so that your IP address which is entry number 1 in the list of IP addresses is not visible and attach the pathping.txt to your reply for analysis.

Please note we are unable to support users with 3G internet connections or over-clocked systems.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

MorgonKara
12.12.2012 , 06:56 PM | #5
Thank you for your reply. I don't mean to sound rude and ungrateful but I find myself wondering why I should go through all these troubleshooting steps when I can just play another game when the lag gets real bad?

I am connected via wi-fi, unfortunately I don't have an Ethernet cable long enough to reach the router available at this time. I can try and do the troubleshooting steps on the wi-fi. (although I'm not sure how I'm going to do it while experiencing lag.)

OwenBrooks
12.12.2012 , 07:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgonKara View Post
Thank you for your reply. I don't mean to sound rude and ungrateful but I find myself wondering why I should go through all these troubleshooting steps when I can just play another game?

I am connected via wi-fi, unfortunately I don't have an Ethernet cable long enough to reach the router available at this time. I can try and do the troubleshooting steps on the wi-fi.
That is up to you at the end, pathping should give an indication of where the issue lays, but it will not fix it.

Logging into another region swtor servers may in fact be better as the path from your computer to the servers will be different.

MorgonKara
12.12.2012 , 07:28 PM | #7
Well I was going to try and run the pathping but the lag has been pretty steady so far tonight (between the usual 25-60 ms). Thanks for the help, I will try and run it if it starts to happen again.

Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
That is up to you at the end, pathping should give an indication of where the issue lays, but it will not fix it.

Logging into another region swtor servers may in fact be better as the path from your computer to the servers will be different.
What, you mean like play on a different server? I have 6 characters lvl 40 and above on Ebon Hawk (including 2 lvl 50s), re-rolling on another server is out of the question.

OwenBrooks
12.12.2012 , 08:10 PM | #8
if it stays at 25-60ms all is good, I wouldn't consider that lag but the 12000 ping spikes you have gotten could be for a number of reasons but if you can run pingpath while it is happening it may show where it is occuring.

MorgonKara
12.12.2012 , 08:46 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
if it stays at 25-60ms all is good, I wouldn't consider that lag but the 12000 ping spikes you have gotten could be for a number of reasons but if you can run pingpath while it is happening it may show where it is occuring.
Okay thanks.

denisabc
01.07.2013 , 04:31 PM | #10
same here. formated my hd, installed everything fresh, called isp, changed the modem, and changed the cables inside my house...

logged again... the same problem...

"May the force be... wherever it needs to be."