Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Mad Maul 1.4

Nuzzar
12.10.2012 , 06:57 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by iesnbold View Post
Considering I'm nowhere near BiS I think Razz should have parsed even higher compared to me in full madness. I was using EWH MH LOL. It is true I am not as fluent with MM as I am in Madness, but I think Razz's madness parse is not the best hé could've pulled off with his gear. So the gap between the 2 specs is higher, really, with is a shame because I would have welcome something new to try.
enlighten me with your parse m8

iesnbold
12.11.2012 , 04:32 AM | #42
I am not trying to start a dick fight here, I just pointed out that the gap between our two madness parse was not so significant given our different gear, whereas I did way less dps than you in MM. I am absolutely inclined to admit that I am not good in MM but what you parsed in full madness was also not the best possible parse. I am pretty sure that if you'd parse against the gap between the two spec (and between or respective parses ) would be higher.

Nuzzar
12.11.2012 , 05:54 AM | #43
Well I genuinely want to see your parse, if you can pull off 1800 in much worse gear than mine, because then you are doing something better than me and I always want to improve. Until then i consider your statement as an exaggeration, to show how bad you think MM is.

JP_Legatus
12.12.2012 , 12:22 AM | #44
Mad maul has been around a long time, and has made it into a large number of raid dps parses and dummy parses and such.
The results were then listed on a thread here somewhere on our assassin forums and madness was ahead of the next highest dps spec by about 200. Madness was in the 1800s and the next highest which I do believe was full deception was 1600s.
Mad maul was fairly low on the list and the maul buff affected deception as well, so even if that thread were pre-1.5 deception would still be higher than mad maul and I can't see the gap changing.

I'll have some free time next week so ill just do a full dummy parse of all the specs and see what comes up, but I'm certain full madness and full deception are the current 1 and 2 specs in term of current dps.

Dierdrea
12.12.2012 , 03:50 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by iesnbold View Post
I am not trying to start a dick fight here, I just pointed out that the gap between our two madness parse was not so significant given our different gear, whereas I did way less dps than you in MM. I am absolutely inclined to admit that I am not good in MM but what you parsed in full madness was also not the best possible parse. I am pretty sure that if you'd parse against the gap between the two spec (and between or respective parses ) would be higher.

Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
Mad maul has been around a long time, and has made it into a large number of raid dps parses and dummy parses and such.
The results were then listed on a thread here somewhere on our assassin forums and madness was ahead of the next highest dps spec by about 200. Madness was in the 1800s and the next highest which I do believe was full deception was 1600s.
Mad maul was fairly low on the list and the maul buff affected deception as well, so even if that thread were pre-1.5 deception would still be higher than mad maul and I can't see the gap changing.

I'll have some free time next week so ill just do a full dummy parse of all the specs and see what comes up, but I'm certain full madness and full deception are the current 1 and 2 specs in term of current dps.
In case you guys can't bother to read the whole thread to see Razz's parse. Here is my parse on Mad Maul spec using the exact build posted by Xethis over 9 min. http://www.torparse.com/a/72413/time...706/1355305290
The dps overall is very evenly distributed. This is a pretty neat build. Can be bursty and can sustain dps.

Parsed ~1750 dps with buffs and stim. I am artifice and thus no adrenals, like Razz. Not BIS and I parse LOWER than Razz on Mad Maul. Where do you guys pull this 1600 dps from, this build is so easy to run....sure it is lower than pure madness and I made that clear in my post before, but it is definitely better than any deception spec you can run without specifically gearing for deception dps....you can be camp/black hole geared on this and pull great dps...I wouldn't mind running this in actual raid because the dps output for burst in raids are awesome. In fact, wait for my raid parse next week when I ran HM TFB 16 with this. We just downed it tonight >.<...

Shadowseve
12.12.2012 , 11:56 PM | #46
never mind.

JP_Legatus
12.12.2012 , 11:59 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Dierdrea View Post
In case you guys can't bother to read the whole thread to see Razz's parse. Here is my parse on Mad Maul spec using the exact build posted by Xethis over 9 min. http://www.torparse.com/a/72413/time...706/1355305290
The dps overall is very evenly distributed. This is a pretty neat build. Can be bursty and can sustain dps.

Parsed ~1750 dps with buffs and stim. I am artifice and thus no adrenals, like Razz. Not BIS and I parse LOWER than Razz on Mad Maul. Where do you guys pull this 1600 dps from, this build is so easy to run....sure it is lower than pure madness and I made that clear in my post before, but it is definitely better than any deception spec you can run without specifically gearing for deception dps....you can be camp/black hole geared on this and pull great dps...I wouldn't mind running this in actual raid because the dps output for burst in raids are awesome. In fact, wait for my raid parse next week when I ran HM TFB 16 with this. We just downed it tonight >.<...
I can't speak for everyone else but this particular players 1600 was based on his gear which was not optimal. The gaps would be the statistical equivalents in your gear, ie somewhere around 9% dps gap lower than pure deception. I'll be able to link it tomorrow

JP_Legatus
12.13.2012 , 01:42 PM | #48
Good news Dierdra, you were right and I was wrong:P Mad maul parsed just over regular deception:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=515757

"According to simulationcraft the theoretical dps ranking with my current gear (full BH) is this:

1841 dps 5/5/31 Madness (+shock)
1830 dps 5/5/31 Madness (-shock)
1730 dps 5/13/23 Mad Maul Deception/Madness hybrid
1658 dps 8/31/2 Deception
1631 dps 0/13/28 Arika Deception/Madness hybrid
1366 dps 23/1/17 Darkness/Madness "pvp" hybrid
1282 dps 23/15/3 Dark Maul Darkness/Deception hybrid"

Xethis
12.14.2012 , 04:00 AM | #49
Been working quite a bit last few days so my game time has been limited. I am still parsing Mad Maul spec ahead of full madness by 50-100dps. I have no clue why the rest of the community is still pulling ahead with Madness. Last night I tried again to get some data for you guys and was having latency issues, I was barely pulling 1400 dps with either spec. Sometimes my Death Field would take so long to activate that the dummy would turn yellow and I would leave combat lol.

Anyways one thing that I noticed is that my crit is 33%, and with near 100% up time on Exploitive Strikes my melee crit should be at 42%. Well through many 3min parses my Thrashes and Saber Strikes were criting 44-45% of the time. And my Mauls were consistently criting 48-49% of the time. That is way above what it should be. There might be an RNG factor that I am benefiting from that I should not be IDK. Since Mad Mauls "Mauls" crit way harder than Madness Mauls, a 7% increase in crit frequency can be a very huge factor.

If this is the case, and the only reason I am doing better with Mad Maul is because of an unknown RNG exploit then I do apologize for claiming that this is the best spec for dps. Please know that I did not just make a wild claim about Mad Maul because I thought it sounded good, I thought the info I was basing my findings on was accurate. I spent many hours, tens of millions of credits on respecs (pre 1.5) parsing many versions of each spec, and adjusting rotations with in each spec. I battled ability vrs ability, talent vrs talent to try and find the best possible spec and rotation. Even to this day I cannot find a spec and rotation that can beat Mad Maul.

I still hope that this guide has helped some of you Assassins find a fun build to play that does better dps than Deception with a slightly simpler rotation than Madness.

JP_Legatus
12.14.2012 , 02:28 PM | #50
One reason could be that the parsers don't make use of that extra force by spamming maul but otherwise that's all I can come up with. Maybe you aren't using the madness rotation properly?