Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

Injudicator
12.12.2012 , 01:48 AM | #641
I think at this point it's a matter of resources for the division of EA/BW that works on SWTOR.

Sometimes companies are on a budget and are unwilling to spend even 100 euros on something...I speak from experience, even fortune 500 companies have super tight budgets.

It all depends on the numbers, if they estimate they will get X ammount of return from the cash shop then they are ready to deal with Y ammount of people being pissed about it and leaving and Z ammount of new people who will come in and use it.

GrimInc
12.12.2012 , 02:02 AM | #642
I just see Bio/EA being EA (greedy as all hell.)
They over spent makeing this Game,then thought by not listening to the player base (including beta testers) and not provideing any useful information in a timely fashion they could recoup loss's.
Seriously the only thing that stands out in this game is the Single player story.(play it then move on)
Rule of Two
One to embody the power, the other to crave it

Eszi
12.12.2012 , 02:23 AM | #643
So it was officially confirmed that there will be no event, and the life day packs are all we are getting.
Probably biggest letdown so far

Quote:
While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Taorus
12.12.2012 , 02:26 AM | #644
Quote: Originally Posted by Eszi View Post
So it was officially confirmed that there will be no event, and the life day packs are all we are getting.
Probably biggest letdown so far
Well, Since the never officially confirmed there would be an event....it's a push.

Laris_Rai
12.12.2012 , 02:30 AM | #645
Plus, why would the rest of the Galaxy celebrate a Wookiee holiday?
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

Fornix
12.12.2012 , 02:34 AM | #646
It's funny how one year ago, there was a lot of players opposed to having a christmas event, see e.g.:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=90889
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=18129

Including those against a life day event.

And when BioWare goes down that path? We have people whining on the forums as to how they don't do an event? Like yeh.... And meanwhile the community wants to keep on convincing itself that it knows what it wants. That forum feedback is a good thing for BioWare to listen to, as a representation of what the community wants.

Well, one may say BioWare listened, as the community stated before, they do not want Christmas events.
Member of <Helix>

Vis-Tecum
12.12.2012 , 02:37 AM | #647
people seem to forget that it is also the games 1 year anniversary and we are getting nothing, oh 25 1 second fireworks that are very unimpressive and dull to celebrate. wooo
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

Vis-Tecum
12.12.2012 , 02:40 AM | #648
Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
It's funny how one year ago, there was a lot of players opposed to having a christmas event, see e.g.:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=90889
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=18129

Including those against a life day event.

And when BioWare goes down that path? We have people whining on the forums as to how they don't do an event? Like yeh.... And meanwhile the community wants to keep on convincing itself that it knows what it wants. That forum feedback is a good thing for BioWare to listen to, as a representation of what the community wants.

Well, one may say BioWare listened, as the community stated before, they do not want Christmas events.
but they didnt ignore the problem they still put in the life day crap and that atrocious speeder, christmas and life day are the problem, if you think the fact it was a "event" was why people didnt want it. you are mistaken
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

Didymos
12.12.2012 , 02:40 AM | #649
This is insane, we need more events more community bounding, and we got paid items?!

Joajoa
12.12.2012 , 02:54 AM | #650
I'll have to disagree.

Over the years,I've played well over 20 MMO's and only one or two of those MMO's did a good job making events on a regular basis.They either become really cheesy,or annoying,or disruptive to normal game play.

In one event,a Halloween one in old Everquest,they had giant skeletons attacking the cities.It ended up killing newbies as they tried to eke out some meager lowbie exp (in EQ you lose exp everytime you die,so dying over and over will cost you game time and prevent you form levelling).After the event ,I logged into my account and found that my main who died during the event (and I didn't have time to rescue his body because of all the lag) was erased.So yes,I hate events,and I cancelled my EQ account.

Rather than plan events (which waste developers time from making content) it's better to hand out gifts. What I think TOR should do ,on Christmas (yes,I said Christmas),send in-game Mail to the chars wishing them well,thanking them for their support and few small gifts,like Minor Xp booster or random loot box.Keep it simple and classy,and save the time and money that would go into an event and put it into making new content.