Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't Launch Game

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Beruthien
12.11.2012 , 11:28 PM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Cjaine,

Could you please check for crash reports for swtor.exe in your Reliability History. If you find any please post the report. You can find instructions how to get this in the Spoiler below.

Spoiler

Also could you please post the content of your client_settings file. You can find the file in the following location:
Code:
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings
Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Cjaine
12.11.2012 , 11:41 PM | #12
There were no crash reports for swtor.exe in your Reliability History.

The client settings configuration file was empty.

Glazz
12.11.2012 , 11:42 PM | #13
I had this exact same problem and after I did a disk defrag it ran fine, so maybe try that if you haven't already.

Kruelltin
12.11.2012 , 11:43 PM | #14
I too am having this same problem. When I click play(only after the 12/11/2012 patch) The computer completely freezes up and the only way to un-freeze it is to shut it down with a Hard Reset (holding down the power till it shuts off) The first time I tried running the game after the patch, I got the loading screen to come up (The one before the character select screen), then it froze up. Ive done the client repair and the clean install of graphics drivers too. I haven't had a problem with this game at all untill this most recent patch. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cjaine
12.11.2012 , 11:46 PM | #15
I spent most of the day checking my hardware and software before even bothering customer service with my problem.

Hopefully something comes up. I'm having withdrawal.

Kruelltin
12.11.2012 , 11:47 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Glazz View Post
I had this exact same problem and after I did a disk defrag it ran fine, so maybe try that if you haven't already.
I am running the defrag now and will let you guys know how it turns out.

Beruthien
12.11.2012 , 11:48 PM | #17 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Cjaine,

Could you please check if there is any content in the client_defaults.ini file (default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient)?

@Kruelltin, could you please go to www.swtor.com/download, download the latest launcher setup file and run it over the current installation. After this please run the repair function on the launcher again.

Thanks!

Cjaine
12.11.2012 , 11:55 PM | #18
Here is the file you requested.
Spoiler

Beruthien
12.12.2012 , 12:08 AM | #19 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Cjaine,

This is pretty strange indeed. It would seem that for some reason the client_settings file is not being populated properly.

Could you also please go to www.swtor.com/download, download the latest launcher setup file and run it over the current installation. After this please run the repair function on the launcher again.

Please come back to us if the issue remains.

Thanks!

Kruelltin
12.12.2012 , 12:09 AM | #20
Reinstalling that file then running repair on the new Launcher got me back on to the loading screen I got to the first time I tried launching the game post patch. It got a little farther but then it locked the computer up again.

edit: do you want me to put any log files on here for you to see, If so, which ones?