Assassin vs Sorcerer DPS.

Talon_Starfire

Short answer: 31pt Lightning Sorc.

Long answer: Properly specced, Sorc and Sin are roughly equal, and all 4 DPS trees have their advantages and disadvantages. The 23/1/17 Sin spec, however, is PvP ONLY. It is useless for PvE content. Most of the utility doesn't matter. You can't effectively tank or DPS in it. If you want to do PvE on a Sin, get a real PvE spec.

Short answer: 31pt Lightning Sorc.

Long answer: Properly specced, Sorc and Sin are roughly equal, and all 4 DPS trees have their advantages and disadvantages. The 23/1/17 Sin spec, however, is PvP ONLY. It is useless for PvE content. Most of the utility doesn't matter. You can't effectively tank or DPS in it. If you want to do PvE on a Sin, get a real PvE spec.

What do you recommend?

Thanks

What do you recommend?

Thanks

I don't DPS on my Sin, nor do I have any real desire to, but from what I've heard, the "Mad Maul" spec is good. There's a guide for it somewhere on the 1st page of the Assassin forums. As far as Sorc goes, Lightning does higher theoretical DPS, but is not very mobile. 31pt Madness is pretty close on a dummy and suffers a lot less from moving around.

Hello,

I do not have a sorc dps , but my main is a deception assassin , so i will speak for that AC :) . I tried madness for a while and after patch 1.4 , both dps specs of the assassin outshine sorcs ( at least from what i saw in ops groups ) , i get 1775 DPS on a target dummy on a 7 minute timer , on deception spec(full deception) , and 1800 DPS with madness(full madness) , but if i don't have ability delays or lag spikes i can reach the same 1800 with deception as well. The difference is burst vs. constant dmg from dots.

Edited by Kayriel

If you're doing pve only you will want a full madness build for dps or full darkness for tanking. You'll need to gear accordingly as well.

Deception is a fairly bad build for pve content as most boss raids will have mechanics where you can't be next to the boss from time to time, at which point you'll be useless. With madness you'll still be able to do most of your attacks at the 10m-30m range. Not to mention madness does more dps.

Edited by JP_Legatus