Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

Racetrack
12.11.2012 , 09:54 PM | #631
It continues to stun me that there are high-profile companies with large bottom lines can make such horrific PR mistakes. Stop trying to one-up Dwight Howard for how to fail at public relations, BiowareEA. EA surely employs several firms, so go consult with one if you can't use logic and common sense. Good grief.

CelCawdro
12.11.2012 , 09:55 PM | #632
Quote: Originally Posted by lord-durpp View Post
due to all this backlash, they probably will:
a) lower prices
b) make the stuff available at certain vendors
I wouldn't bet on it.

mentalmackem
12.11.2012 , 09:57 PM | #633
Quote: Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
It continues to stun me that there are high-profile companies with large bottom lines can make such horrific PR mistakes. Stop trying to one-up Dwight Howard for how to fail at public relations, BiowareEA. EA surely employs several firms, so go consult with one if you can't use logic and common sense. Good grief.
EA should write a book or several books:
  • How to take a good company and ruin its name (they could have about 6 volumes of this now)
  • How to annoy and insult your playerbases intelligence
  • How to fail at managing a large IP
  • How to milk your customers for all you can 101

Quote:
I wouldn't bet on it.
neither would i, they will leave this one run give it a few months to blow over all the hate and then do another "event" like this.

ObiFett
12.11.2012 , 09:58 PM | #634
I don't post much. Ever, really. But I started playing this game during the beta and have been subbed ever since.

The trend of charging your SUBSCRIBERS for content is getting out of hand. The Cartel Packs were a little over the line, imo, but I was initially fine with it. Then the Life Day pack came out and it fully crossed the line. 2000 coins is much more than any subscriber should have to pay to get content for a game they are already paying for.

Since when is it ok to paygate stuff from SUBSCRIBERS?

You are already getting our money on a monthly basis, why are you nickel and dime-ing us?

ARCCommanderDan
12.11.2012 , 10:10 PM | #635
Like most MMO's, they're going to release the actual life day event a week before Christmas. So it will most likely come out next week. Think of these items as "special" life day items. There will probably be a completely seperate adaptable set of armor with the event.

MiraniSedai
12.11.2012 , 10:12 PM | #636
Quote: Originally Posted by ARCCommanderDan View Post
Like most MMO's, they're going to release the actual life day event a week before Christmas. So it will most likely come out next week. Think of these items as "special" life day items. There will probably be a completely seperate adaptable set of armor with the event.
No an BW poster has flat said in another thread there will be no life day event.
I posted the link to it earlier in this tread if you care to look for it.

Shoogli
12.11.2012 , 10:14 PM | #637
Quote: Originally Posted by ARCCommanderDan View Post
Not to blame you for missing it or making fun of you or anything because I too was thinking about the same a few hours ago but we already got the answer about that :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#edit5559782
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

Jinxblog
12.11.2012 , 10:26 PM | #638
Agreed. I pre-ordered the game before launch (just the regular edition), and have had a 6 month recurring sub ever since. I spent about 500 CCs on buying Rocket Boots and all the upgrades (a great deal for the 5 mil it usually costs for a legacy wide perk). Even then, I come up about 1000 CCs short of buying the stuff to celebrate Life Day with. I honestly feel betrayed. I thought they said subscribers wouldn't have to pay to participate in events (and here I assume holidays are events as well).

No flames are necessary, you are already roasting in the fires of your own stupidity.

ShatteredVision
12.11.2012 , 11:05 PM | #639
I'm pretty irritated that there's no artistic integrity with this company. Everything is re-skinned or changed in so little a way that it's clear they're not even trying.

The highlight of the lone (new, allegedly) cartel pack I bought, was the fact that it didn't have anything in it that wasn't already available in the original 2 packs. As much as I can use another imperial banner, I kind of hoped for ANYTHING else. But, that was the highlight of it.

I was also treated to 3.5 hours of pvp, without a single pop of the new warzone. Fun, fun.

Way to keep the bar low, eaware
I'll rain
Blood
Down

On this city

Myspacemeh
12.12.2012 , 01:39 AM | #640
But guys.....you got a stack of fireworks. :|