Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Space missions bugged?!

Gilnor
12.11.2012 , 07:43 AM | #1
I was trying to do the new space missions and first either i'm really inept at using proton torpedoes or they don't seem to be locking on anything... Secondly i crashed back to desktop while doing one of them...

Are the new space missions bugged or something or am I just really unlucky?

jakler
12.11.2012 , 07:51 AM | #2
Crashing to Desktop (CTD) both during Space Combat and while attempting to "Leave" it is definitely a widespread bug. Yet another case of releasing content well before it is ready.

As for proton torpedoes... They share lock-on with regular missiles. So, all you need to do is have one missile target come between you and your torpedo target and BAM, you've lost your target acquisition. It has always been complained about but (shocker) nothing has been done.

Gilnor
12.11.2012 , 08:05 AM | #3
LOL Yeah, I've just managed to sort out the torpedo thing but, apparently you need to fire a couple of them at some targets. And I think that getting a lock on some of those targets with all that moving around and asteroids and all... I'd say it's very poorly thought. But I welcome a challenge so I guess I'll just keep trying.

Thanks for the response.

Swartsin
12.11.2012 , 09:37 PM | #4
In these new Heroic Space battle missions, any target that require a Proton Torpedo actually need to have 2 of them launched at it. Not like the old missions, where 1 Torpedo was enough for the job and also we saw no reason to have 4 Torpedoes before, but now we do.. as some of the new missions have 2 targets that needs to be torpedoed, so all 4 has to be used.

But yes they are difficult to target, but doable with practise..

Personally I spend 4 full hours before completing all 6 new space missions.. never had to practise that hard on space battle before.. almost gave up a few times, yelling and cursing.. and worse.. until the paths and tactics became more.. logical with practise

To the question if they are bugged, then yeah I got crashed to desktop as well during one of them, but that also sometimes happened in prior patches, frustrating true.
However the worst bug, I do hope it is a bug, comes after completing all 6 and finally get a crack of the rewards from doing them as weeklies!

One would assume all 6 is included somehow in weekly play, right? Well.. only 2 of them was for me, one as solo and then the same again + another, so 2 "different" weeklies and that was it.
Well except that a 3rd was in my mission terminal to accept, but when clicking accept it bugged out with a message of me not being eligible for it, even as I had completed everything up to that and had room in both inventory and mission log

So now I am stuck with a mission I can't accept and do.. which is most regrettable as I'm sure that one has to complete that one to open for another of the missing 4 mission.. or there would be no reason for 6 to begin with.