Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Round 1: Asajj Ventress vs Bastila Shan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Round 1: Asajj Ventress vs Bastila Shan

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
12.10.2012 , 04:23 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by pbajnokl View Post
Never wanted to attack someone too hard, I don't want to be banned.
Well the attacks are unnecessary and kinda uncalled for. Whatever. This is a necro'd thread so let's let it go.

Oh and one more thing about your previous post. Plo Koon beat Ventress with ease... while suffering with a broken left arm, severely limiting his use of Djem So.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Castiel's Avatar


Castiel
12.11.2012 , 01:12 AM | #42
I think you're wrong =P

Spartanik's Avatar


Spartanik
12.11.2012 , 02:00 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by turnoverla-page View Post
most of the time with ventress the reason she survived so long was because she was a coward so saying her surviving fights cant really be used
but i do think she is a better duellist but bastila is extremely skilled in the force ( i think the youngest jedi to of mastered battle meditation (something was not seen in any of the films.))
Ventress coward? not realy what porpuse would serve to fight to the death if there is none to gain?!
But she nearly killed anakin and Obi wan combined if was not from dookus betrayal, she had them with force choke both of them.
she run away alot of times yeah mostly when surrounded and against odds , but the fact that she did get away proves that she is much more skiled then one might think. Also she was sucessfull many times in the service of the Count Ventress run away from Unduli and Ashoka, but she got what she had came for, the Vice roy who was their prisioner.
Basttila well she was a prodigal with great potencial just like jeasa is in swtor, but thats much about it. Not saying she wast skilled at all, for all i know she could well beat ventress but given of what its kowned about the two, i think its unlikely.

I realy enjoy ventress as a character particulary now that she is on her own.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Ventessel's Avatar


Ventessel
12.11.2012 , 04:50 AM | #44
Yes, this thread is Necro'd, and that's probably my fault for resurrecting it.

However, we have raised an interesting discussion with the concept of the "power gap" between the Old Republic Jedi and the PT Jedi. I just started a thread about Jedi teachings and how war affects them, so I'll leave further discussion of just which sect of Jedi would have more practical combat experience to that and other related threads.

Perhaps I should reduce my argument to this:
Asajj Ventress is a goofy cartoon. The Clone Wars TV series is invalid because ANAKIN BLOODY SKYWALKER trains a padawan? I thought he wasn't ready to go out and do anything like that on his own, Obi-Wan was still HIS master... the level of discontinuity the series creates between Ep. II and III is mind boggling.

No doubt, the story of the Clone Wars needed to be told, but the way it's been done to date was just a poor excuse for producing additional Star Wars merchandise and action figures. Thanks, Lucas, you greedy old man.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

LordCJK's Avatar


LordCJK
12.11.2012 , 06:16 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Ventress would win. As much as I dislike her as a character, she would win. She has dueled many members of the Jedi Council, including Luminara Unduli and Plo Koon. While she didn't necessarily defeat either of these Jedi in battle, she survived and that says something about her.
Plo Koon is a master of the Djem So form and a very powerful Force User. Ventress broke Koon's right arm by bringing an avalanche down on him. Plo Koon would catch up to her and defeat her with his left arm.
Unduli was a master of Soresu (not to the extent of Obi-Wan) and was able to hold her own against Ventress while her vision was impaired.

As powerful as Bastila is, she doesn't have the skills or power to hold her own against Ventress, who has killed many powerful Jedi.
I have nothing to add. She's just in another league, Bastila has no chances.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
12.11.2012 , 10:23 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
Yes, this thread is Necro'd, and that's probably my fault for resurrecting it.

However, we have raised an interesting discussion with the concept of the "power gap" between the Old Republic Jedi and the PT Jedi. I just started a thread about Jedi teachings and how war affects them, so I'll leave further discussion of just which sect of Jedi would have more practical combat experience to that and other related threads.

Perhaps I should reduce my argument to this:
Asajj Ventress is a goofy cartoon. The Clone Wars TV series is invalid because ANAKIN BLOODY SKYWALKER trains a padawan? I thought he wasn't ready to go out and do anything like that on his own, Obi-Wan was still HIS master... the level of discontinuity the series creates between Ep. II and III is mind boggling.

No doubt, the story of the Clone Wars needed to be told, but the way it's been done to date was just a poor excuse for producing additional Star Wars merchandise and action figures. Thanks, Lucas, you greedy old man.
If you want information on the power gap just check out the following link: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=541525

Oh and Ventress was created before TCW. And most of her greatest feats happened outside of TCW.

Edit: And can we let the thread die now?
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Andge's Avatar


Andge
12.11.2012 , 03:50 PM | #47
Bastila would win; while Ventress has held her own against many, she has exactly just that; held her own, followed by fleeing. She doesn't know how to finish.

Bastila on the other hand is the kind of character, who always rises to the occation. It is not for nothing the council put her in charge of the strike team that were to capture Revan, the most powerful force-user at the time after Vitiate.

Their fight would be close but end with Ventress either fleeing or being defeated and captured by Bastilla. End of discussion.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
12.11.2012 , 04:06 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Andge View Post
Bastila would win; while Ventress has held her own against many, she has exactly just that; held her own, followed by fleeing. She doesn't know how to finish.
Tell that to the twenty some Jedi she's killed.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Andge's Avatar


Andge
12.11.2012 , 07:41 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Tell that to the twenty some Jedi she's killed.
Yes, the twenty something blank cardboard plot-device character Jedi that were created just to help keep the franchise's body-count stable. I'm talking about genuine characters.

Rayla_Felana's Avatar


Rayla_Felana
12.11.2012 , 07:51 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Andge View Post
Yes, the twenty something blank cardboard plot-device character Jedi that were created just to help keep the franchise's body-count stable. I'm talking about genuine characters.
Master Fay is a genuine character and ventress killed her, an extremely powerful Light Sider with one of the strongest connections to the force in the entire galaxy, possibly even greater than all but Sidious and Skywalker, obviously Ventress didn't straight up kill her, as Fay could have healed slowly, despite being stabbed by two Sabers in the back, but it was an incapacitating attack that left an extremely powerful nomadic Jedi almost dead.