Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Voice acting

GARhenus
12.11.2012 , 07:29 PM | #11
he doesnt even sound grizzled, just... aged

but it's the space core's voice... and a ton of other video game characters. so

LegendaryBlade
12.13.2012 , 06:49 AM | #12
I guess it just bothered me because I wanted to play a younger looking character, fitting the fact you start out as a padawan, and it just completely broke immersion to see by body 1 character talk like he was in his thirties.

I still don't think it's particularly good VAing though, even with that considered.
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger

Ferkles
12.14.2012 , 03:57 AM | #13
Male Bounty Hunters? No? We're second worst, at most.
Getting a new signature. Eventually~

A_nonymous
12.14.2012 , 08:37 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ferkles View Post
Male Bounty Hunters? No? We're second worst, at most.
I like the Bounty Hunter voice. I play a male bounty hunter using the meathead body type. The voice fits. It probably wouldn't fit w/a fat BH though.
Gunwalker Legacy FTW.

Ancaglon
12.14.2012 , 10:32 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Birtram View Post
I think that the Consular's storyline is quite boring, but not the voice acting.
My main is a male Jedi Sage, and I've been hearing him speak since Beta. I think Nolan North's voice is quite fitting with the stereotype of a calm, diplomatic kind of Jedi. I like it in my light side sage, no doubt.
It fits perfectly with my Body type 3 Light V Shadow Tank, and has done from the moment he first spoke to Master Syo on Tython.
Quote:
There's one thing that's got me thinking, though. Am I the only one who noticed a slight change in the consular's voice with the latest recorded dialogue? In the HK and Section X conversations, I mean. It's like North had a cold or something... Maybe they even changed the voice actor? Or it may be just me...
Yes, I noticed that in the dialogue that lead to the Black Hole area, and the Denova dialogues. In RP terms, it could be that he got a cold after running around so much on Ilum....

The Section X stuff seems much less pronounced, and the conversations with HK-51 (which I finished last night) sound unaffected, although it might just be that they were recorded along with the original dialogue, and not more recently.

Keypek
12.14.2012 , 11:54 AM | #16
I kind of view sage's as older and wiser jedi so it fit for me. All though made romancing Nadia a little awkward feeling lol. But I make a sage I automatically think of a 40 something guy owning people with the force instead of sabers because he's been there done that already. Jedi knights I view as the younger more physical ones that haven't quite realized the full potential of the force yet past their lightsaber.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
55s=1 of everything. Vanguard main.
Undercon __ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands

gundamemo
12.14.2012 , 06:32 PM | #17
Female JC has got to be the worst.

IA male is pretty good as well as surprisingly female Sith Warrior... her voice is powerful and commanding.

Andronicos
12.20.2012 , 02:55 PM | #18
I have a male Shadow and a female Sage, I like both voice overs but prefer the male, I think it's one of the best performances Nolan North has ever done alongside Uncharted, he really brings the character alive with slightly different intonations and such, in every other thing he has worked he always sounds like Nolan North voicing someone, example GW2 and Prince of Persia

I think what rubs people wrong is the zen-like quality that is unique to the consular voicework.
Darth Vaelren - Dark Lord of the Sith
Captain Galryn Zaris - Just a man making his way on the galaxy
Agent Keldran Reus - "Corellian ale, shaken not stirred"

Cielwyn
12.24.2012 , 04:24 PM | #19
I honestly don't see the problem. My male Miraluka Sage is quite youngish looking, I think (early-mid 20s), and I think the voice fits perfectly fine. I didn't even know it was Nolan North until very recently, but that just makes it better.
Don't mind me. I'm just hijacking your thread.