Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

You paying $20 for Life Day event items (minus the event)?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
You paying $20 for Life Day event items (minus the event)?

ViciousFett
12.11.2012 , 06:39 PM | #1
Really Bioware? You have the balls to charge 2400 cc (20 dollars) for Life Day items we should have got for FREE, WITH an in-game event? I know the first round of CC shop items were a huge financial success, but now you're just being greedy!

I strongly urge the rest of you to boycott this nonsense.
The Vicious Legacy
My referral link
CE VIP

Igax
12.11.2012 , 06:41 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ViciousFett View Post
Really Bioware? You have the balls to charge 2400 cc (20 dollars) for Life Day items we should have got for FREE, WITH an in-game event? I know the first round of CC shop items were a huge financial success, but now you're just being greedy!

Just make sure to make fun of anyone in game sporting the stuff. I know I would make it a badge of shame if I was there!
Quote: Originally Posted by PhoenixStar
Yeah my eyes bugged out when I saw how many servers there are. Hopefully the population doesn't get spread too thin.

Wolfninjajedi
12.11.2012 , 06:43 PM | #3
You can buy the things separate ya know. In fact that 2,400 is actually a reduced price considering what it actually is. So...be thankful for that.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

MoltenRog
12.11.2012 , 06:44 PM | #4

Life day wasn't around until 1ABY there is no history on it in the Old Republic, the fact that its in, is basically adding non-canon equipment for your leisure, plus the amount of people qq'd about it like 6 months ago.

Andryah
12.11.2012 , 06:49 PM | #5

If they gave me these items for free, I would /destroy most of it, starting with the speeder (which is what drives up the price of the bundle). Seriously.... you are cramped about not getting these for free???
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Listerman
12.11.2012 , 06:51 PM | #6
Correction, I paid 60cc for the Orb, which I find fascinating for some reason.
I may break my rule about never buying coins and relying on the stipend for the Robe. But that's really about it.
"Never touch a Kel Dor's sammich."
"We're on a message board together. I'm already inclined to think you're a schmuck."

Andryah
12.11.2012 , 06:52 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Listerman View Post
Correction, I paid 60cc for the Orb, which I find fascinating for some reason.
Yep. The Orb is the only thing I find interesting and will purchase.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Stradlin
12.11.2012 , 06:54 PM | #8
It is so heart warmingly EA :3

In WoW, you get n orc dressed as Santa who gives you a quest to acquire cookies and milk. Come Xmas eve, gifts underneath the xmas tree can be opened and contain varyingly fun goodies.

In TOR, you get to pay five dollah in RL cash for a holo pine three. I feel so loved<3

Listerman
12.11.2012 , 06:54 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Yep. The Orb is the only thing I find interesting and will purchase.
Oh it's great, you just pull it out an contemplate it between your hands like a snowglobe. The ONLY thing that would have made it better was if it's color matched your alignment, and maybe if you continued to hold it until interrupted.
"Never touch a Kel Dor's sammich."
"We're on a message board together. I'm already inclined to think you're a schmuck."

Stoicraven
12.11.2012 , 06:55 PM | #10

you should just boycott playing........that would make it much less stressful for you!