Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lent_San
12.11.2012 , 05:59 PM | #3991
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Oh, so suddenly you're aware that we've been asking for clarification for over a year? Any progress on forwarding those questions, or are you still just dumping them in the bin?
The silence is defeaning. Don't really know what to say anymore. Maybe the title of the thread needs to change, so we're not off-topic all the time? Just 'Same Gender Relationships in SWTOR' or something?

Ketchum
12.11.2012 , 06:10 PM | #3992
Well my sub ends in a couple days, so I won't be on to cause havoc and incitement anymore, sadly. But I'll come back and lurk, just to see if anything develops. Hopefully it does. I made a hot male Jedi Guardian the other day and I wanna get in Doc's pants right away.
Murder and mayhem await

Lent_San
12.11.2012 , 06:29 PM | #3993
Quote: Originally Posted by Ketchum View Post
Well my sub ends in a couple days, so I won't be on to cause havoc and incitement anymore, sadly. But I'll come back and lurk, just to see if anything develops. Hopefully it does. I made a hot male Jedi Guardian the other day and I wanna get in Doc's pants right away.
Tell me about it... . My male smuggler may die a lonely Lv1 death, if Corso doesn't become available. Probably won't resub once my current one runs out, not until SGRs are in. What for anyway, for having to buy stuff in the CM...? Naaaw...

Ketchum
12.11.2012 , 06:57 PM | #3994
Indeed. I know it was a joke when everyone else said it, but I'm thinking if BWA does put gay companions in this game, they'll honestly put them up for sale in that shop.
Murder and mayhem await

angrydurf
12.11.2012 , 07:19 PM | #3995
Quote: Originally Posted by Ketchum View Post
Indeed. I know it was a joke when everyone else said it, but I'm thinking if BWA does put gay companions in this game, they'll honestly put them up for sale in that shop.

I can see it now. "Buy the Rainbow Cartel pack and gain access to all same gender romance arcs plus a single use glitter bomb! Only 1200 cartel coins!" /me rolls eyes

It really is sad but I can imagine that being the next we hear about SGR. Worse though I think if that were the case the chances of it being released soon would be much higher.
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post

Star Wars: The Old Republic is the spritual successor to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, also made by BioWare, and not any other game.

Kioma
12.11.2012 , 07:23 PM | #3996
The concept of 'pay for gay' has been bandied about but to be honest I don't think they'd be that outright stupid. Imagine the uproar.

Having said that I can imagine they might put in Cartel-only companions at some point, and those might include romanceable companions of all shades (and, in fact, I don't even think that's a bad idea - purchasing a mission start to go through a chain of quests to gain an entirely optional companion). But I don't think we'll see non-heterosexual companions only available through the Cartel Market.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Euripides
12.11.2012 , 10:10 PM | #3997
Quote: Originally Posted by angrydurf View Post
I can see it now. "Buy the Rainbow Cartel pack and gain access to all same gender romance arcs plus a single use glitter bomb! Only 1200 cartel coins!"
What's sad is that I'd probably pay for it. Gotta do something with all those cartel coins, might as well be something worthwhile.

Hell, I'd honestly be content with pronoun swapping at this point. I mean, half the lines are already there. Vette specifically mentions adoption, and she even specifies that she hasn't ever "been" with a man before... why did she specify? This is just one example. Half the work is already done, if not all of it.

Could not somebody tell us why you can't tell us anything? Can we at least have that pitiful scrap?
The Force made me do it.

Aebrynis
12.11.2012 , 10:35 PM | #3998
This is why I'm glad I chose a Sith Inquisitor as my main...the romance options are pathetic no matter which side of the fence you're sitting on. Ashara Zavros or Andronikos Revel...ugh. At least this way I have a viable character class to play while waiting for EA to start considering thinking about pondering the possibility of contemplating maybe perhaps if the opportunity presents itself doing what they said they were going to do. If they feel like it, of course.

Nozybidaj
12.11.2012 , 10:47 PM | #3999
Quote: Originally Posted by Euripides View Post
What's sad is that I'd probably pay for it. Gotta do something with all those cartel coins, might as well be something worthwhile.

Hell, I'd honestly be content with pronoun swapping at this point. I mean, half the lines are already there. Vette specifically mentions adoption, and she even specifies that she hasn't ever "been" with a man before... why did she specify? This is just one example. Half the work is already done, if not all of it.

Could not somebody tell us why you can't tell us anything? Can we at least have that pitiful scrap?
Agreed, I don't see the problem with pronoun swapping hero sexual companions. I read the arguments against it, "oh real people are more complex than that they need to make the sgra's different to show the subtle variations of how a person romances a man compared to a woman". Come on....

Seriously now, this isn't Shakespeare these guys are writing with the companions and the romances. I haven't seen anything in my (admittedly limited since I can't actually level till SGRA's arrive) experience with the companions we never get this deep insight into their personalities and motivations that you all are talking about.

They dig the hero. That's really about as far as it gets. I don't see the issue here. The whole "writer lead time" thing was just a smoke screen to begin with.

Lent_San
12.12.2012 , 01:29 AM | #4000
Quote: Originally Posted by Aebrynis View Post
This is why I'm glad I chose a Sith Inquisitor as my main...the romance options are pathetic no matter which side of the fence you're sitting on. Ashara Zavros or Andronikos Revel...ugh. At least this way I have a viable character class to play while waiting for EA to start considering thinking about pondering the possibility of contemplating maybe perhaps if the opportunity presents itself doing what they said they were going to do. If they feel like it, of course.
Lol, that was one awesome mini-rant.