Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So what is the counter to Sniper/Gunslinger?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So what is the counter to Sniper/Gunslinger?

Technohic
12.11.2012 , 03:48 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Babyfood View Post
ok but this thread is about how to deal with snipers/slingers and someone said to get behind them and I was simply saying that regardless of the skill of the sniper getting behind them really isn't going to do you any good since the game will turn the sniper to face you no matter what you do.
It will make a difference if they are behind hard cover, I believe. They will still turn but they lose the defense the hard cover provides. Maybe thats what the person meant?

Burtlebe
12.11.2012 , 03:50 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Babyfood View Post
clearly I don't mean that you could have to leave cover. Have you played any other mmo's ranged classes? You would just have to turn your character around while they stayed stationary and in cover. Like I said, I benefit from it, it's just ez mode.
In beta they had autoturn as in click a skill and it autoturned you. Lots complained cause the spaz didnt work well and they removed it. What they did leave in was if you start a ability you autoturn but if your behind someone before they trigger it then they will have to turn to trigger an attack.

I honestly think they would have been better have collision like they did in war then there would be no spaz since you couldnt run thru a person you had to run around them.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

Eyesmindassassin
12.11.2012 , 04:10 PM | #73
So, what I got from this thread is that Snipers are hard countered by every class/spec in the game because all fights are 1v1 with nothing but LoS around where the Sniper never gets the opener.

TL;DR: Don't nerf me, bro.

UGLYMRJ
12.11.2012 , 04:20 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Eyesmindassassin View Post
Hey... EyesmindASSASSIN... they've nerfed you like 3 times... still viable... clearly need another nerf.

hunterthesloth
12.11.2012 , 05:20 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Eyesmindassassin View Post
So, what I got from this thread is that Snipers are hard countered by every class/spec in the game because all fights are 1v1 with nothing but LoS around where the Sniper never gets the opener.

i think people forget that a sniper can just cc you, get up, walk over to you and kill you then and just use cc's and roots to keep you close
Imperial Entanglements
The Blackwalker Legacy
"...Your only hope for survival is complete and utter loyalty"
Its Star Wars not Ground Wars

hunterthesloth
12.11.2012 , 05:21 PM | #76
and the reason why the sniper is such a blanced class is because they are not designed for 1v1 combat. They are called a sniper because they try and kill you before you get to them
Imperial Entanglements
The Blackwalker Legacy
"...Your only hope for survival is complete and utter loyalty"
Its Star Wars not Ground Wars

Glower
12.11.2012 , 05:31 PM | #77
You do not know the answer? LOL!

All stealthers, especially OP-Concel and Scoundrel-Scrapper.
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

NoTomorrow
12.11.2012 , 05:41 PM | #78
Guys guys, sniper no matter how good he or she is, will always remain a support class, unable to carry a team to victory alone. Its probably the classvwith highes team synergy, if your team does well then you do very well, same or opposite.

An asassin, a marauder a jug, a healer can turn the tide of a WZ. Even a sorc can be more helpful. As for us we just kill stuff. We don carry balls, and we don keep zerg at bay.

I aleay feel that the games that i win, my team vould have won even without me. Although probably sending melee back to respawn probably helps.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Babyfood
12.11.2012 , 05:56 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
sending melee back to respawn probably helps.
/brofist

BaineOs
12.11.2012 , 06:12 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Guys guys, sniper no matter how good he or she is, will always remain a support class, unable to carry a team to victory alone. Its probably the classvwith highes team synergy, if your team does well then you do very well, same or opposite.

An asassin, a marauder a jug, a healer can turn the tide of a WZ. Even a sorc can be more helpful. As for us we just kill stuff. We don carry balls, and we don keep zerg at bay.

I aleay feel that the games that i win, my team vould have won even without me. Although probably sending melee back to respawn probably helps.
Not sure I agree with you there dude. Sure a healer can help turn the tide but if the people he's healing don't know how to deal damage then it's not going to matter how good a healer he is. Same goes for any class if the best damage dude in the world doesn't get heals then as soon as he starts to get focused he's not going to last long either. Sure both the healer and damage dude in that scenario will get good scores no doubt but doesn't mean to say they'll win.

The whole thing about being able to carry a team is extremely subjective. It depends on a number of factors, if the other people in the warzone (allies and enemies) aren't up to scratch then it'll be far easier for the sorc, jugga, mara, sniper (basically any class) to effect the outcome.
Es'carli D'Lakutos - Engineering Sniper
<Lord of the Drinks>
The Red Eclipse