Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Operative : When do I get my buff?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
DPS Operative : When do I get my buff?

Zoom_VI
12.10.2012 , 04:47 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Purpleshizam View Post
Just trying to figure out the mindset of the community being ok with one stealth class DPS and not the other. I guess having a glowstick makes it ok...
really? community favors Sins? I cant even begin to count how many Operatives are OP complaints ive heard, and Operatives have almost an equalt level of stuns and knockdowns as Sins. The difference is I have never ever had a Sin backstab me for 5k on my WH tank + bleeds. Operatives are squishy as the compensation for there insane burst. They nor any other class is supposed to be able to simultaneously be a tank and have high burst.

Your an operative use that 15% speed boost and run away until you can get back into a favorable position.
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by Aves
Everything is fine, calm your Crinns

Zoom_VI
12.10.2012 , 05:01 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by CJAShadow View Post
I am talking about having to use shoot first which has to be out of stealth and so using it outside of stealth requires a Disspearing Act-> Flechette-> Shoot First which while it is the MOST burst you can give, you just burned a 2 min CD that might not even kill a person because of good players using defensive cooldowns and their own stuns. While I have done this to kill someone very important to WIN a game, this burns both a big offensive cooldown and a defensive cooldown for 2 minutes.

You are correct about the Dirty Kick cooldown time though, my mistake.

I have played as a DPS scoundrel and as a Healer that has been harassed by DPS Ops. They dont scare me, Assassins scare me even out of stealth cause of their utility and sustained damage.

I love my dps scoundrel, im sure others do too, but when you see other classes with MULTIPLE types of utility in a RWZ and all you can really do is stealth burst... not even consistently dps, you are a liability every time you burn your cooldowns. No knockbacks, pulls, melee, no AOE mitigation, below average defensive cooldowns for a melee, weak range, slowest gap closer (lol 115% speed).

Give a more sustained dps though abilities needed in the scrapper column, or give us a good group defensive cooldown. Something besides just being a 1-2 hit wonder class.
Classes with those utilities usually pay for them with lower dps. and just being able to stealth at all not to metion run 15% faster then everyone except mid tree muaraders counts as utility
and every class cooldowns have well a cooldown time also. welcome to the club
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by Aves
Everything is fine, calm your Crinns

Wainamoinen
12.10.2012 , 05:29 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Operatives are squishy as the compensation for there insane burst.
Insane burst?

Righto. Not so much.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Cosmic_Forge
12.10.2012 , 05:57 PM | #74
Like I said before, undo the nerfs from Jan 2012 and we'll be fine.

RyanReagan
12.11.2012 , 10:45 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
really? community favors Sins? I cant even begin to count how many Operatives are OP complaints ive heard, and Operatives have almost an equalt level of stuns and knockdowns as Sins. The difference is I have never ever had a Sin backstab me for 5k on my WH tank + bleeds. Operatives are squishy as the compensation for there insane burst. They nor any other class is supposed to be able to simultaneously be a tank and have high burst.

Your an operative use that 15% speed boost and run away until you can get back into a favorable position.
insane burst? hahahaha.. WHUT?

i'm happy to get the 5k hit medal and i'm min/max'd.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K.˛ <Infinite Darkness>

RyanReagan
12.11.2012 , 04:25 PM | #76
Now that everyone has more expertise I can't burst anyone.

FAILCLASS.
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K.˛ <Infinite Darkness>

RyanReagan
12.14.2012 , 09:42 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
Now that everyone has more expertise I can't burst anyone.

FAILCLASS.
whut.

DirtyDusty
12.14.2012 , 09:58 AM | #78
Buff? hopefully never. No need to encourage that sort of gameplay.

RyanReagan
01.02.2013 , 04:35 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by DirtyDusty View Post
Buff? hopefully never. No need to encourage that sort of gameplay.
Operative DPS isn't really a good choice in ranked PvP.... ranked pvp is about having the best at everything...

Pure Melee DPS the operative does not come close to smashers. No one does. Any class that has an Auto-Crit owns at Pure DPS because they replace all their Crit gear with Power. Besides Jugs and Mars, Pyro PT, Snipers both put out a ton of burst.

Off-Heal DPS sorc has bubbles, which is an instant cast that only takes 1gcd. The Tanky AC's have taunts which are like heals in that it is damage that mitigated.

Stealth Defender Viable but Assassin has better defensive cooldowns which makes them a better defender.

Stealth Attacker. FINALLY a place operatives shine. That mad suprise burst is great in a 1v1. Infiltrate can be useful, but only in certain situations. The slowdown makes it painful and most good teams keep track of how many people are where. And, lets face it, Assassins aren't that bad at being a stealth attacker either. And they get that awesome cooldown and better speed burst.

Here are things I've been asking for DPS:
1) Immunity to AoE taunt and CC while stealthed.
2) Collateral Damage/Lacerate damage boost for Concealment. Turn Weakening Blast into an AoE for lethality.
3) Less Energy Intensive

NoTomorrow
01.02.2013 , 04:45 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
t. Turn Weakening Blast into an AoE for lethality.
Jeeez my sniper would like this one
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.