Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Letter to Bioware - Regarding Cheating in PvP and Ways to Discourage it.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A Letter to Bioware - Regarding Cheating in PvP and Ways to Discourage it.

TrumpetNut
09.05.2012 , 05:44 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by loftethered View Post
imp marauder on ramp close to end zone yesterday, vanishes with ball (i thought he must of threw it before using camo) then reappears to score a few seconds later still carrying the ball. (while we are looking around for the ball and player....)

Sorry but it is hacking, killing pvp in this game. must be far more frustrating for ranked warzone peeps..
How fast is your computer? Do you lag? Somebody might have passed it back to him so think about it! And try a marauder w ball in huttball yourself before you start complaining

criminalheretic
09.05.2012 , 06:09 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TrumpetNut View Post
How fast is your computer? Do you lag? Somebody might have passed it back to him so think about it! And try a marauder w ball in huttball yourself before you start complaining
I'm guessing when he said "I thought he might have passed it before camo" and "While we are looking around for ball and player" that it had occurred to him that there might have been some passing going on, and that he dismissed that theory based on the lack of other players present.

Jus sayin.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Seventhkey
12.11.2012 , 02:21 PM | #23
It would be nice to see a list. One hack we witnessed and recorded was the teleport one. The player would get the hutball and appear frozen in place. You could not target them then they dissapear and you hear and see the score. Then that same person is back at center. I hope these people got banned, but who knows. One thing people noticed was the match got real laggy when this happened. We played a team yesterday in Voidstar that would die and be on the other side of their door and teleport past the bridge back to the battle. Never once leaving their res point. They claimed they were being pulled. We all know better. All we could do was record , report and send in.

Arlanon
12.11.2012 , 03:16 PM | #24
I'm starting to see these things more and more frequently. People speeding away at light speed while snared, getting out of the spawn room to 3-cap before the match even starts, capping a node while completely invisible, warping halfway across the Huttball map, even an instant cap or two. It is happening and it sours the entire warzone for everyone on the opposing team.

If someone on my own team were doing something of the sort, I would not hesitate to report them. I want warzones to be fair and challenging. I don't want to cheat to win. I can't speak for everyone but I would wager that I am in the nonvocal majority in this regard.

AMKSED
12.11.2012 , 03:26 PM | #25
Nerco'd threat....and LOL @ people who claim all these exploits.

TongX
12.21.2012 , 04:34 AM | #26
Punish Cheaters
on the money
Establish WZ Tribunal or Police

rawfox
12.21.2012 , 04:52 AM | #27
The only way to handle cheaters is, to understand they're either kids or have a very small chuchu.
Serious developers cheat on PTS, not on life watehfagg ...

CommanderKeeva
12.21.2012 , 05:19 AM | #28
The other day I've seen a Powertech disappear then reappear farther away. I must have looked like this: O.O

I didn't lag, the PT wasn't pulled by a Sorc, he didn't bug out, he simply vanished and reappeared closer to the node.

Later in the same match, said Powertech was running towards the node with an assassin to help defend it. The sin activated Force Speed and ran ahead, the PT activated Speedhack and got to the node before the assassin. Again: O.O. The vanishing might be explained by some extremely well-timed and convenient graphical bug but the fact that he ran faster than a sin with Force Speed cannot be explained any other way.

Also there was this one time I was fighting a Carnage Marauder on my Commando. He jumped at me, knocked him back with Concussive Charge, got off two Grav Rounds, I watched the pretty yellow numbers fly off (2-3k hits each) but his HP remained 100%! Fired off a Demo Round for about 5k, HiB for about 4,5k and Plasma Grenade with Recharge Cells/Tech Override. I watched a ton of yellow and white numbers fly off but his HP was still 100%.
He didn't have Force Camo, or Undying Rage or anything active. I've seen 3-4-5k hit numbers but his HP never moved from 100%, so yeah definitely a hacker.

Also in one CW the enemy team started capping nodes while we were still waiting in our spawn area. I guess they got tired of waiting and decided to go for a walk.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Rendolphe
12.21.2012 , 05:43 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by CRNphg View Post
Ok let's summerize. PT's hyrdaulic-overrides = 8 seconds of immunity to slows/roots/stuns + 30% movement increase. Throw a mara's predation in there 50% for 10 seconds and you've got yourself a bloody fast PT for 8-10 seconds. Maybe a few slows on you. Cause PT's like slows. I'd say this can be easily explained without cheats.
We could even add another 20% for 3 seconds from a sorc healers bubble.

I haven't seen anything since pre-release from which I could say without a doubt that it was a cheat. Nothing.
But them again maybe i'm just lucky and the players on my server don't bother with them.
On PoT5 there is one sorc Gingers that hack and theses videos will change your mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bHtr...ature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWO_6doUVJk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f9-Hp8L-Oc
Prophecy of the Five

My Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/rendolphegamer
My TwitchTV channel : http://www.twitch.tv/rendolphegamer

TongX
12.27.2012 , 09:04 AM | #30
Cheaters not punished in SWTOR
On PVP full outrage !