Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Welcome to Game Update 1.6: Ancient Hypergate

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Welcome to Game Update 1.6: Ancient Hypergate
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods's Avatar


CourtneyWoods
12.11.2012 , 01:57 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone,

Please discuss the Welcome to Game Update 1.6: Ancient Hypergate blog in this thread!
Courtney Woods | Community Production Specialist
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

JudgeNot's Avatar


JudgeNot
12.11.2012 , 02:33 PM | #2
I'll discuss it. If you are going to release a warzone the least you could do is give an ACTUAL explanation as to what the objectives are IN detail so we don't run around like chickens with our heads cut off.

DarthZak's Avatar


DarthZak
12.11.2012 , 02:48 PM | #3
My thoughts are summarized here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=570312

.. Ok not really summarized but more lengthily written out :P



PS. I only wrote that and in here because I care!
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

SixFigureNate's Avatar


SixFigureNate
12.11.2012 , 02:50 PM | #4
What happened to the Cathar race?!?!?

I thought for sure they were going to be included in this update.

All I want to to do is roll a lightsaber wielding Cathar character.

(With Jawa being the next race you should add).

ChickFurious's Avatar


ChickFurious
12.11.2012 , 03:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SixFigureNate View Post
What happened to the Cathar race?!?!?

I thought for sure they were going to be included in this update.

All I want to to do is roll a lightsaber wielding Cathar character.

(With Jawa being the next race you should add).
:::Groan:::...really?

Oggthebase's Avatar


Oggthebase
12.11.2012 , 03:26 PM | #6
what better way to celebrate one year anniversary than making your subscribers PAY for the Life Day event... NOT!!!


A game event, just like the Rakghuls, is supposed to bring the community together. Here you'll have the people who PAY and the people who won't.

It does not bode well for future game events. Not at all.

Gordoma's Avatar


Gordoma
12.11.2012 , 03:31 PM | #7
I was really excited about playing SWTOR over the holiday season!

Then you released this... Now I can look forward to grinding the same old space mission wishing I could do the new space mission content, while I shoot firework off alone in my ship...

I celebrated the new Holiday Cartel Market items by purchasing a shiny blue orb... because thats about all I can get with my 600 coins a month...

I jumped off the edge in fleet twice to demonstration my feelings...
May the Force be with you

DarthZak's Avatar


DarthZak
12.11.2012 , 04:12 PM | #8
So my thread got merged or theres a bug... but disregard my previous post since it should link to this http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=547
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

LordRichardEW's Avatar


LordRichardEW
12.11.2012 , 04:55 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Oggthebase View Post
what better way to celebrate one year anniversary than making your subscribers PAY for the Life Day event... NOT!!!


A game event, just like the Rakghuls, is supposed to bring the community together. Here you'll have the people who PAY and the people who won't.

It does not bode well for future game events. Not at all.
Funny I see them talking about life day related items but no where did I see them say any thing about having to buy access to the coming event. Now I could be wrong I haven't logged in to the game yet or it could be you are over reacting to something that isn't even an issues or just looking to cause trouble.

DarthZak's Avatar


DarthZak
12.11.2012 , 05:02 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRichardEW View Post
Funny I see them talking about life day related items but no where did I see them say any thing about having to buy access to the coming event. Now I could be wrong I haven't logged in to the game yet or it could be you are over reacting to something that isn't even an issues or just looking to cause trouble.
Youre right, they blatantly said there would be no event for Life Day or Xmas
Still, not giving event stuff to subs is a low blow for cash
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi