Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can I have my character back? Or do i have to wait 3 months?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Can I have my character back? Or do i have to wait 3 months?

Apothis_
12.11.2012 , 02:19 PM | #1
Ive been playing this game since prelaunch and many of my friends have accidentally deleted characters over the past year and gotten them restored within a day. I however seem to be different, this isn't the first time either, my friends got legacy renames thanks to cs who then refused to give me one due to a spelling mistake.

It has been 11 days now since i deleted my main character (lv50 merc) on the server red eclipse and have had no response from cs what soever. Its not like its an alt with which i wouldn't have cared it not getting restored, but my main mean i cant raid or pvp or enjoy this game in anyway shape or form. Thinking of un-subbing if i don't get my character back soon.
EX-Frostclaw now Red Eclipse : Drop It Like It's Hoth

Really wish my commando/mercenary could be this spec

Solar_Breeze
12.11.2012 , 02:45 PM | #2
Had the same problem as you with legacy name, 3 tickets later following reports of others being offered with no resistance and finally I get a reset without any explanation... then you get the 'How did we do' survey...

Pattoattack
12.11.2012 , 02:59 PM | #3
You think thats bad I have been waiting 3 weeks, 3 weeks for a character restoration on a preferred member with a sub , who buys cartel coins on a regular basis. Youd think theyd care a little I am un-decided as to continuing playing after December slimply because of the terrible tech support. Blizzard would have fixed this in 1, 2 days tops. I do have an 85 priest somewhere that I wouldnt mind playing. Ticket number 6979945

Apothis_
12.11.2012 , 03:31 PM | #4
Pattoattack I feel your pain im considering quitting after 10 days with out my main don't know how you could go 3 weeks without going to a new game. Also i cant play my vanguard alt because im sharing gear with him due to the fact we use the same stats.

cpem
12.11.2012 , 03:37 PM | #5
I just accidently deleted mine last night i made a ticket and called but still have had no resolution... hopefully they will restore our characters soon mine too was a 50

Apothis_
12.12.2012 , 02:49 PM | #6
Got the ****ist message from CS saying "technical" difficulties are stopping them, probably by the time i get my character back all my friends with have the new space gear and be best in slot elite war hero.

thamightyboro
12.12.2012 , 02:54 PM | #7
Little bit different for me raised a ticket 14 days ago in respect of getting a character restored.

Got this back today. Need I say more. I didn't send a polite reply to put it bluntly.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us requesting a character service.

Unfortunately, at this time we do not offer the service you are requesting.
This includes server transfers, account to account transfers, name changes, race changes, and legacy changes. While this may change in the future, currently we are unable to offer assistance with your requested character service.

While we understand the frustration this may cause, we would like to assure you that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our players have the best possible game play experience. As such requests of this type is something that we are monitoring and may potentially offer in the future.

Any new information will be communicated through our official forums, found here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you require further assistance with this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid X1-A1
Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service
"If someone had came up to me in the 80s and said we will
be playing games with 1000s of people at the same time.
My response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

Apothis_
12.12.2012 , 03:09 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by thamightyboro View Post
While we understand the frustration this may cause, we would like to assure you that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our players have the best possible game play experience.
I am certainly not have the best possible experience because i cant play on any of my level 50 characters because we share a legacy belt, yet bioware refuses to give us something they have happily dont for others in the past.

One of my friends has deleted his characters around 50 times an cs had no problems restoring his so why do they have a problem with ours when they have the time to say oh were sorry we cant do that trollolol hahaha were the evil cs.

I wonder where all the nice people in CS went that they had before because ive had some rather nice experiences with them before.

xfightx
12.12.2012 , 03:46 PM | #9
i wait same already over 2 weeks.....its horrible

Apothis_
12.12.2012 , 04:46 PM | #10
Also because of this wait i wont have any fireworks on the characters i need restoring