Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech, Mods and Armorclass

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Cybertech, Mods and Armorclass

BunsenBurner
12.13.2011 , 12:18 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AntacroSS View Post
1. Not all armor need mods.
1a. The ones that do not need mods are not worse than others, they just pre-defined.
2. Modding let's you keep your favourite looking armor set all the way through the game, while pre-defined armor (non-modable) potentially has better looks at the end-game content.
So do I just keep creating the same armor, but with each tier of skill build one with a better armor class?
For the honor... Meatbag. Wutini!

HyeJinx
12.13.2011 , 12:43 PM | #12
Isn't it impossible to be Slicing & Scavenging since they are both gathering skills and you're only allowed to have one?
Mandalore the Indomitable: Korvac (Scoundrel), Golden (Sage), Saren (Commando) & Morinth (Sentinel)
Rakata Mind Prison: Huntres (Juggernaut), Garruss (Powertech), Thorian (Assassin) & Vykos (Sniper)

BunsenBurner
12.13.2011 , 12:51 PM | #13
No, you can have only one crafting skill. You could have 3 gathering skills if you wish, or even 3 mission skills, or a combination there within. Crafting is the only one limited to only one.

HyeJinx
12.13.2011 , 12:52 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by BunsenBurner View Post
No, you can have only one crafting skill. You could have 3 gathering skills if you wish, or even 3 mission skills, or a combination there within. Crafting is the only one limited to only one.
Oh, well this opens up a whole new world for me!
Mandalore the Indomitable: Korvac (Scoundrel), Golden (Sage), Saren (Commando) & Morinth (Sentinel)
Rakata Mind Prison: Huntres (Juggernaut), Garruss (Powertech), Thorian (Assassin) & Vykos (Sniper)

BunsenBurner
12.13.2011 , 12:56 PM | #15
In the beta, I used armormech, scavenging and slicing, and made a hefty profit with slicing. (I was still trying to figure out how to make armor.)

Nyysjan
12.13.2011 , 01:30 PM | #16
going for cybertech slicing and scevanging for my agent.
i can buy the rare mats for blue items, and slicing gives nice steady profit while on the field, and it's not like i will bother with getting blue gear while levelling except on rare occasions.
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."