Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So what is the counter to Sniper/Gunslinger?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So what is the counter to Sniper/Gunslinger?

CrixusBoR
12.11.2012 , 08:55 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Ybini View Post
After reading all this, it gives you the impression pretty much any class is a counter to them. Does that seem kind of odd?
That is because they can of course. All classes can counter each other depending on the players involved. Class knowledge and player skill are the foremost important factors. If those are equal, (and assuming equal level of gear), particular counter-abilities then become important.

You can take from this thread that there are varying degrees of skilled players and class knowledge!

Sometimes the perceived power of a particular class might be because a particular player is very good rather than the class itself being OP.

foxmob
12.11.2012 , 09:25 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
That's just one spec though. Dirty Fighting and Saboteur won't really care about either.

Pacify, thankfully, isn't famous. Many Sentinels still seem to believe believe it's a terrible ability and therefore don't use it.
nah. I just ran out of buttons!
A legacy of meh
Krackerjäck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Deìnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

NoTomorrow
12.11.2012 , 10:06 AM | #43
Here is the joke: after 1 year of sniper pvping, i've yet to see a single full mandess sorc applying all 3 dots on me.. one would think that something as simple as this would have been used en masse by players..
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

NoTomorrow
12.11.2012 , 10:07 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
nah. I just ran out of buttons!
lol dude, what do you have on task bar? PvE execution abilities?
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Rendolphe
12.11.2012 , 10:19 AM | #45
Sage with some LoS.
Prophecy of the Five

My Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/rendolphegamer
My TwitchTV channel : http://www.twitch.tv/rendolphegamer

TyrellJonez
12.11.2012 , 10:32 AM | #46
Pyro mercs (if they are the least bit intelligent) can mop up Snipers. Dot and LoS. you can even trade attacks and then LoS and heal up. Sniper can't do the same.
If they don't wanna see the hood in me, be satisfied when you see the good in me

Burtlebe
12.11.2012 , 10:44 AM | #47
My gunslinger (lvl 43 atm) is a ton of fun and yes any class when played well can counter us. The thing I find funny though is people usually dont even notice me till they are almost dead. Or they see me sitting there all comfy and come charging in. I can usually take one out enroute then use a stun to get them to break then knockbacks and finish em off.

There have been matches where smart players hunt me down and take me out but its usually me shooting fish in a barrel. My favorite tactic is to take a healer down low so they bubble then switch to guy beside them and start taking them down. most healers with cast a dot on themselves and start healing the guy beside them. All this time I save up my big hits so soon as healer bubble goes away I unload on the healer then take out the guy beside them. I really enjoy the gunslinger alot in pvp but we are easily killed if you play smart and dont think you can stand there and trade shots with me or charge in like a mad bull.

When i play my PT I usually always taunt any snipers slingers I see every chance i get. Sometimes playing smart instead of trying to get numbers on the board will win you a match alot quicker.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

NoTomorrow
12.11.2012 , 10:58 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by TyrellJonez View Post
Pyro mercs (if they are the least bit intelligent) can mop up Snipers. Dot and LoS. you can even trade attacks and then LoS and heal up. Sniper can't do the same.
If you can get the drop on sniper while he is distracted thats a good win. 1vs1 open space however, is not something you should try against a sniper.

Solarenergy
12.11.2012 , 12:34 PM | #49
Stealth, and especially a tank assassin. Any half decent one will always kill a sniper/gunslinger, even if the sniper is really good.

UGLYMRJ
12.11.2012 , 12:39 PM | #50
Stealth... or anyone that can LOS.

/thread