Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware: A Message From a Long Time Fan

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware: A Message From a Long Time Fan

Pilgrim_Grey
12.11.2012 , 12:21 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
It wouldn't be any different from what is happening today with all the stuns, roots, slows, CC, and other means to keep a player from functioning in a Warzone.

However, you neglected to read the fact that for 30 seconds, everyone is vulnerable to being stunned, rooted, slowed, CC, and otherwise inhibited from acting. In anything there is a tradeoff. However, in its current form, the resolve system along with the plethora of abilities to stop players from having any actions is simply broken in its current form. You may disagree, that's fine. But I would venture a guess that you have had your share of stun locked deaths to the point of frustration too.
I'd say a whole minute of immunity with only thirty seconds of vulnerability is probably a bit too much in the other direction from what we have now. I do think you're on the right track, though. Even the immunity to further stunning for awhile would make a big difference. I don't want CC to totally go away, as that is an interesting facet to PvP. I just don't want it dominating it so much. I'm still getting to 50, but there have been plenty of times where I was chain CC'd to near death, and it's no fun. The matches I remember most were the ones where people were all fighting, not where they ganked that one poor sucker and he couldn't do a thing about it (and I'm talking CC, not where 4 people beat down on 1 easily).

UGLYMRJ
12.11.2012 , 12:27 PM | #22
There's lots of really long posts that I don't really feel like reading... does someone have the tl;dr version of this thread?

Jadescythe
12.11.2012 , 12:28 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
There's lots of really long posts that I don't really feel like reading... does someone have the tl;dr version of this thread?
Tl;DR you agree for the most part Ugly
The Original Aether Legacy
Erza-Jugg / Saberscythe-Mara / Atropo-Sorc
Patharos-Guardian / Kadinne-Vanguard / Aquilo-Sage
Prophecy of the Five

UGLYMRJ
12.11.2012 , 12:30 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Tl;DR you agree for the most part Ugly
Thanks...

After careful evaluation I agree for the most part with the OP's thread and rate this a 4/5.

Jadescythe
12.11.2012 , 12:34 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Thanks...

After careful evaluation I agree for the most part with the OP's thread and rate this a 4/5.
If you want a real recap:

-Pro matchmaking and xserver
-Anti separate queues
-Hit or miss on class changes, tune down rage, make bubble pop on caster only, make anni DoTs uncleansable (100% no, but un-nerf healing por favor) for examples
-Resolve doesn't really work, but wants something for snares/roots (no)
-Overall improve the game
The Original Aether Legacy
Erza-Jugg / Saberscythe-Mara / Atropo-Sorc
Patharos-Guardian / Kadinne-Vanguard / Aquilo-Sage
Prophecy of the Five

UGLYMRJ
12.11.2012 , 12:43 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
If you want a real recap:

-Pro matchmaking and xserver
-Anti separate queues
-Hit or miss on class changes, tune down rage, make bubble pop on caster only, make anni DoTs uncleansable (100% no, but un-nerf healing por favor) for examples
-Resolve doesn't really work, but wants something for snares/roots (no)
-Overall improve the game
Oh good... your first evaluation was spot on then... thanks for real tho. I could see it was well thought out but I've had far too much coffee to pay attention to one thing for that long...

Def agree on all counts from that except the annilhilation dots... as much as I love the spec. I think that would be a little much. Why those dots and not all dots? A little bias maybe? I would def like my 1% back tho.

Annex
12.11.2012 , 01:17 PM | #27
Agree with almost 100% of the OP's post.
Annex / Scimitar
ShadowLegion

SaijaRii
12.11.2012 , 02:16 PM | #28
I'm curious as to who thought the Resolve system was a good way to address the amount and frequency of CC in this game. There are people who like it and say that people who don't are baddies and don't know how to take advantage of it. I do get it, it is overly complicated, unreliable, and there are other mechanics from other games that solve the issue to better effect.

The chain CC is worse in this game then in WoW and WoW has the worst class balance of any MMO I've ever played.
There is nothing older than the idea that this is new. ~ Thomas Sowell.

Frequencyz
12.14.2012 , 02:27 PM | #29
Hey, look. i found Aluvian writing books to bioware, neat! I agree on all points...I refuse to play rage because i feel dirty...>.>

dscount
12.14.2012 , 07:35 PM | #30
Excellent post! I agree 100% BIOWARE please read!

I also support a DPS Buff to SORC/SAGE and MERC/COMM as needed.
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."