Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

December's Life Day - An Event or only themed Cartel Packs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
December's Life Day - An Event or only themed Cartel Packs?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alec_Fortescue
12.03.2012 , 04:29 AM | #1
What do you guys think? There was no mention of an event, just datamined Life Day-themed items and a mention of Life Day Cartel Packs by the devs. Tbh I'd hate an event like this and I think it's better off to release themed cartel packs. Who wants to role play an event will have a handful of items then.
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Goretzu
12.03.2012 , 04:50 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
What do you guys think? There was no mention of an event, just datamined Life Day-themed items and a mention of Life Day Cartel Packs by the devs. Tbh I'd hate an event like this and I think it's better off to release themed cartel packs. Who wants to role play an event will have a handful of items then.
Cartel packs IMO, they make $$$ even off subscribers, which is what nickel and dime F2P is all about.

I'd rather have events as good as the brilliant Rakghoul event, of course, but I sceptical about seeing those now.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Lyshar
12.11.2012 , 11:38 AM | #3
Yeah, I thought bioware said they didn't want subscribers to miss out, that they'd get everything with their subscription...

If we go and call this an event it's only for people that buy (additional) coins, it's an insult to subscribers and past events. I think I recall BioWare even saying there'd be more events? If they mean this is what they mean with that it's a bad sign.

What's next? Candy cane lightsabers & blasters? Well, we're already going there with the new crystals, free to play is starting to ruin it for sure.

Gorrdan
12.11.2012 , 11:39 AM | #4
The whole term 'event' is misleading. There are no events going in game.

lumuni
12.11.2012 , 11:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyshar View Post
What's next? Candy cane lightsabers & blasters? Well, we're already going there with the new crystals, free to play is starting to ruin it for sure.
WTB Candycane Lightsaber Crystyal!

JovethGonzalez
12.11.2012 , 12:11 PM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyshar View Post
Yeah, I thought bioware said they didn't want subscribers to miss out, that they'd get everything with their subscription...

If we go and call this an event it's only for people that buy (additional) coins, it's an insult to subscribers and past events. I think I recall BioWare even saying there'd be more events? If they mean this is what they mean with that it's a bad sign.

Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!

MrSchmo
12.11.2012 , 12:18 PM | #7
Don't know where people got an event from? Someone data mined and found something labled life day and called it a future event. Everyone else bought that and carried it. Now that it's confirmed not to be, people get upset.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

CaptMurphy
12.11.2012 , 12:19 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.
Looks like we can rule out an event on the one year anniversary as well.

Veerlo
12.11.2012 , 12:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey folks!

While we're definitely excited about the new Life Day items in the Cartel Market, I wanted to make sure that you all knew that we do not have an in-game event planned for this. However, this doesn't mean that we don't have any in-game events planned for the future! We'll have more information for you sometime after the holidays.

Thank you!
Joveth I'm sorry but that's not what we were led to believe. This just got me really disappointed and ill be considering not resubbing from now on and thats a shame cause I have 3 lvl 50's and a couple of other alts. On top of that I was considering upgrading my son's account to subscriber status since he loves the WZ and has a f2p account.

But since you guys are not even making an event out of the biggest holiday of them all you lost me. I'm sorry but this is just too much.
The Ässamite Legacy: Prophecy of the Five
Veerlo 55 Sorc | Akiam 55 Sniper | Olreev 52 PT
Alcifema 46 Guardian | Mäika 20 Shadow | Alfema 25 Commando

Insidion
12.11.2012 , 12:20 PM | #10
Items for the rich kids, and a big FU to the rest of us. Just like real christmas, eh?