Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

Gorrdan
12.11.2012 , 11:38 AM | #471
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Stop what? Trying to appeal to people's better nature? Hoping that maybe some of you can act like adults? You're probably right. How about this?

Stop the QQ bro! Don't like it quit!

There; is that better?
Yeah very good advice. Because SWTOR can surely afford more loss in subs after all it has already broken all subscription records right?

You should work for BW you can surely show them how to sink this game even faster.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 11:40 AM | #472
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
The former was not a mistake in my opinion. I think the prices are too high, true. I will express my displeasure at that by not buying any of it. But I'm happy that there's no holiday event in game. When games first started doing those they were kinda cool, but now they are just a distraction.
Yeah that's certainly a fair enough point of view.

However I think you're fooling yourself if you think that was a design choice, the reason for no event will be that they don't have the development time and/or they think event packs will bring them in more profit in total.

If they through for 1 second having Darth Vader in a santa suit dancing to jingle bells in game would make them more money you'd be seeing that this Christmas.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

wrmrstacrdwower
12.11.2012 , 11:41 AM | #473
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
The Tinsel Bomb. It will really help you get through EC NiM. Hopefully they will implement a gear check for it in any HM.
I did I also got a new pack as well

NEW COLOR CRYSTAL FRIGGIN CYAN BLUE- so SOOOOOO PRETTY

da *** it looks like a normal blue color crystal

And Stylish Dancers bottoms. Which look like piss encrusted panties. Yay.

And the Tinsel Bomb is a total *********** let down.

HarleysRule
12.11.2012 , 11:44 AM | #474
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Wow... a bunch of QQ over nothing. Nothing literally. And in the midst of the the launch of a cool WZ.
I'm glad you brought that up, seeing how they apparently nerfed the **** out of WZ XP. Only BW can give us a new WZ and then discourage people from playing it.

TUXs
12.11.2012 , 11:45 AM | #475
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
Wow.. EPIC FAIL on this one Bioware!!!

I thought it was a typo at first, like that extra zero on Hazmat Implants (350 BH Comms).

$14 in order to fly space missions (I'll buy over the next 3 months and not play until then)
$10 in order to get "Limited Edition Life in Day" outfits (Plus they are ugly)

You wanted feedback? You listen to forums? Well it's pretty solid NEGATIVE as this thread is 47 pages deep already and I've see very little "Good Job, or fair priced" in the thread.

@BIOWARE: FIX your prices or FIRE your economist that thinks the value of these are actually good.
@My Fellow players - Hit them in the checkbook on this one. (DON'T BUY it if you don't feel it's worth it)
They ARE listening...they're listening to their accountants jaws hitting the floor with the success of these packs.

I wish people would heed your advice...but for whatever reason, people buy buy buy this kinda crap.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Gavin_Kelvar
12.11.2012 , 11:49 AM | #476
Quote: Originally Posted by Nidza View Post
i do not like this,they should've made an event.
They never said they wouldn't do an event. For all we know they plan on having an event and this is just a marketing plan. In which case it's exactly what I'd have done in their shoes: first sell the items only on the CM for a week or two, let the people with zero patience shell out massive levels of cash to get the items. Then release a world event where you can get the CM items, by then only the people who weren't going to buy the CM items anyway are left. Maximum profit but everyone wins. The key though is not to say anything about a world event because otherwise many people who would have otherwise bought the CM items will just wait for the event to get items for free thus defeating the purpose of earning extra money.

If I were them though I'd make the world event items slightly different reskins (for example a green speeder with lights instead of red etc.). That way the people that must have everything also do the world event and it nets extra cash from preferred status players with this attitude because they now have to buy the event equipment authorization.

And as for the CM prices: I seem to recall many people were saying that the stipend in any MMO is never enough to buy everything in the cash shop for free unless you save up for months on end. Thus the prices shouldn't be a surprise at all, it was stated by many that these sort of prices were exactly what would happen. It's really only a surprise if people thought the devs would design CM prices to be low enough so subs would never have to buy CC to get CM items.

Master-Nala
12.11.2012 , 11:49 AM | #477
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
They ARE listening...they're listening to their accountants jaws hitting the floor with the success of these packs.

I wish people would heed your advice...but for whatever reason, people buy buy buy this kinda crap.
I have to admit, I too am really surprised that people buy these in such numbers. I understand the psychology behind it, but it's still amazing to see it in real life.
Republic Level 55s - Alana, Rickta, Nal'aa, Alan, Myschal, Sinbad, Frank'lin, Angiola, Vesnas, Nightsail, Mioni & Hard-Top
Imp Level 55s - Palatine, Ztephanie, Frank-lin, Ka'Mate, Chisami, Azureraven, Curiosi-dux, Vodoun, Thofia

Throne-Drei
12.11.2012 , 11:50 AM | #478
Quote: Originally Posted by HarleysRule View Post
I'm glad you brought that up, seeing how they apparently nerfed the **** out of WZ XP. Only BW can give us a new WZ and then discourage people from playing it.
well yeah how else will they get people to buy Warzone xp boosts?

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 11:51 AM | #479

The problem is this won't work till it's too late.

The core gamers will be gone, the gamblers will eventually wake up, but the game will be destroyed by then one way or another.

You're absolutely right though that it is almost certainly the inital F2P cash spluge that has resulted in extortionate Life Day packs and P2W space, unfortunately by the time the fact that this is a very short term thing filters through to the accountants running SWTOR it will be far too late.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

BJWyler
12.11.2012 , 11:53 AM | #480
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
Yeah that's certainly a fair enough point of view.

However I think you're fooling yourself if you think that was a design choice, the reason for no event will be that they don't have the development time and/or they think event packs will bring them in more profit in total.

If they through for 1 second having Darth Vader in a santa suit dancing to jingle bells in game would make them more money you'd be seeing that this Christmas.
So BW has come out and stated that there will be no "Life Day" event, or is everyone just assuming that there is no event yet that we aren't going to see one?

To agree with the original post you quoted though, I would have been perfectly happy not to have seen any Life Day stuff at all - canon or not, I still have nightmares about watching the crapfest that was the Holiday Special when I was a kid. But since it's there, I'll probably get it - already got my Hobbit tix and still have some spare cash just yearning to be spent on something frivolous.

Seemed to work well enough for GW and the Almight ArenaNet - a lot of the holiday themed stuff in the original's store was only available in the store for similar pricing. I hear they are still doing pretty well. Isn't Free Choice a great thing!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
The problem is this won't work till it's too late.

The core gamers will be gone, the gamblers will eventually wake up, but the game will be destroyed by then one way or another.

You're absolutely right though that it is almost certainly the inital F2P cash spluge that has resulted in extortionate Life Day packs and P2W space, unfortunately by the time the fact that this is a very short term thing filters through to the accountants running SWTOR it will be far too late.
Or the flotsam and jetsam will be sloughed off and the game will be left with a core playerbase who enjoy it as it is and continue to support it - kinda like every other MMO out there.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more