Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shocking truths about premades in Normal Warzones.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Shocking truths about premades in Normal Warzones.

Sylvatica
12.11.2012 , 11:32 AM | #11
pvp in lotro is even more fun and it's called PvMP!!!!!
Tho I do enjoy pvp SWTPR sometimes it's 80% frustrating because of silly losses!

What I'd do is raise pvp cap atleast like 20-49
A lvl 10-19 joining a WZ is useless..
Chuundar PVP EU
Fus Ro Dah =

Theodulus
12.11.2012 , 11:32 AM | #12
*yawn*

If you solo queued on ToFN you should know that you end up in a 4-man premade on your side once every 8 matches (imp side at least) or so and it's far from a guaranteed win because these premades from "top" guilds thinks too highly of themselves. If they were good then it shouldn't take over a minute for them to react to call for help on the side node while they're death matching at he huge stalemate at mid. I might be above average but trying to fend of 3 attackers on the side node by myself for over a minute is a bit hard even for me. Especially if the awesome premade can't cap mid with a 7 vs 4 advantage.

You just have to play PvP roulette on ToFN and leave matches sporting PvE heroes, too many guildless people or 3+ recruit geared people. I especially inspect premaders gear because chances are they are sporting black hole gear or some other crap gear. I certainly don't want 4 guaranteed idiots on my team from certain guilds whom we shouldn't mention. Otherwise pugging on the imperial side is usually without a lot of frustration because the puggers actually know how to PvP most of the time.

DarthOvertone
12.11.2012 , 11:40 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylvatica View Post
pvp in lotro is even more fun and it's called PvMP!!!!!
Lies. Current PvP(PvMP) in LOTRO is an absolute and detestable joke. Horrible beyond measure.
Alphabolt - Alphanoob - Alphawood - Garbage S1 Champion
The Bastion - #1 Stronk PvP Server
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

vengefuler
12.11.2012 , 11:44 AM | #14
its so sweet ppl calls this"PVP"

Pvtcarnage
12.11.2012 , 11:44 AM | #15
I agree with this message
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

islander
12.11.2012 , 11:46 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
Lies. Current PvP(PvMP) in LOTRO is an absolute and detestable joke. Horrible beyond measure.
Yeah, talk about another company that had a GREAT idea and implemented it terribly. It really is a tragedy about that.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

DweezillKagemand
12.11.2012 , 11:46 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
Yeah, talk about another company that had a GREAT idea and implemented it terribly. It really is a tragedy about that.
So basically SWTOR?
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

NoFishing
12.11.2012 , 11:54 AM | #18
I don't mind seeing premades in PvP on either side. Again, people should be able to play with their friends and guildies.

I do mind when it becomes 5-10 matches in a row with all PuGs on my side against guilds that would/should be doing ranked. I don't much care for when it goes the other way either...I prefer close/interesting matches where we actually have to work for our wins.

Fortunately the gear gap is narrowing, so at least one of the barriers to successful pugging is going away.

UGLYMRJ
12.11.2012 , 12:18 PM | #19
Well said...

Unfortunately no matter how well said... they will QQ and none will have the epiphany of realizing that THEY'RE doing it wrong.

I mean... the logic behind the realization that playing a massively multi-player game... solo... is not ideal... well that's just too much logic for one person to soak in at one time.

Apparently there's some kind of "pride mentality" behind it quite often. I'm going to attempt this prideful gimping of myself later. When I hit the gym tonight I'm going to soak my hands in olive oil first just to make it tougher... then when I fail at benching 400 lbs I'll blame it on the oil.

Theodulus
12.11.2012 , 12:22 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Well said...

Unfortunately no matter how well said... they will QQ and none will have the epiphany of realizing that THEY'RE doing it wrong.

I mean... the logic behind the realization that playing a massively multi-player game... solo... is not ideal... well that's just too much logic for one person to soak in at one time.

Apparently there's some kind of "pride mentality" behind it quite often. I'm going to attempt this prideful gimping of myself later. When I hit the gym tonight I'm going to soak my hands in olive oil first just to make it tougher... then when I fail at benching 400 lbs I'll blame it on the oil.
Do you even lift? Join the big league where we grease our bodies all up.