Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Lost Island HM should have better loot.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
12.11.2012 , 05:33 AM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
So what? Rakata is no big deal now, and its implants/earpieces/relics can be obtained with daily com. Only SI/JC could not get their MH with strip out offhand weapon's mods.

And you get none of these(beside the pet) unless you beat Lorrick, but the 3 bosses share the same difficulty. Which means you get none of these after the hard work against LR-5 and Sav-Rak.
Ok, you are clearly saying it is no big deal, so we naturally come to the conclusion,

Why do you want a change of gear where the ends is described by yourself as "no big deal"

You are starting to contradict yourself, after all you are wrong and it is being shoved up your face, keep being in denial.

Also I do not how retarded it is to kill 2 bosses and leave the 3rd unkilled. Every FP in this game revolves around additional rewards when completely cleared, if you choose not to do that then naturally you won't get the best loot offered by the FP, and you may as well move into other MMO's as this system has been in place in Tier 1 FP'S as well.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.11.2012 , 11:26 AM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
Ok, you are clearly saying it is no big deal, so we naturally come to the conclusion,

Why do you want a change of gear where the ends is described by yourself as "no big deal"

You are starting to contradict yourself, after all you are wrong and it is being shoved up your face, keep being in denial.

Also I do not how retarded it is to kill 2 bosses and leave the 3rd unkilled. Every FP in this game revolves around additional rewards when completely cleared, if you choose not to do that then naturally you won't get the best loot offered by the FP, and you may as well move into other MMO's as this system has been in place in Tier 1 FP'S as well.
It's not a top Tier, not anymore, but it is still useful to players with Columi.

Some people couldn't kill Lorrick, either they wipe too many times or could not do Lorrick due to tank/dps issue. Or they beat LR-5 through hard try but the healer could not handle Sav-Rak. Then they wipe but if the bosses drop some Rakata level stuff they still get something useful for their hard work against LR-5/Sav Rak. And like Tier 1 HM, previous bosses should drop something useful to the majority who can do it(Tionese), especially since the 3 bosses are not skippable.

hornfreak's Avatar


hornfreak
12.23.2012 , 10:25 AM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by OtherworldBeyond View Post
I personally think that Columi/Rakata gear should be ops-exclusive. Columi is too easily obtained from Hard Mode flashpoints, making Story Mode operations practically useless. If anything, they should take out the Columi loot from all the other HM flashpoints and leave Lost Island the way it is. This would give some value back to the now useless Tionese gear and would give people a reason to do story mode operations (besides for weekly Black Hole Commendations) rather than farming HM flashpoints for Columi and going straight for the HM operations.
i agree way to easy to get columi gear.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.23.2012 , 12:04 PM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
i agree way to easy to get columi gear.
Because they are only Tier 2, there are 3 levels above them, why should they be hard to get?

And SM op got lockout, people can only do it once a few days.

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
12.24.2012 , 07:01 AM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
It's not a top Tier, not anymore, but it is still useful to players with Columi.

Some people couldn't kill Lorrick, either they wipe too many times or could not do Lorrick due to tank/dps issue. Or they beat LR-5 through hard try but the healer could not handle Sav-Rak. Then they wipe but if the bosses drop some Rakata level stuff they still get something useful for their hard work against LR-5/Sav Rak. And like Tier 1 HM, previous bosses should drop something useful to the majority who can do it(Tionese), especially since the 3 bosses are not skippable.
Ok but leaving the FP early is also their choice, whether through frustration or lack of more time. I mean it's not Bioware's fault if you guys decide you don't want to have more tries on bosses anymore, it's not Bioware's fault that the bosses wiped the floor with you. This is like demanding the Dread Guard Headpiece drop from Colonel Vorgath, the boss before him. All bosses reward differently -- to be entitled to that loot you need to be killing the bosses.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
12.24.2012 , 11:16 AM | #326
Are you guys still arguing over this, I thought we agreed (we meaning a majority of the players as well as the developers) that LI HM has got a really good loot already.
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Riku - Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rikache - Rikachacha - Rikache
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.24.2012 , 12:27 PM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
Ok but leaving the FP early is also their choice, whether through frustration or lack of more time. I mean it's not Bioware's fault if you guys decide you don't want to have more tries on bosses anymore, it's not Bioware's fault that the bosses wiped the floor with you. This is like demanding the Dread Guard Headpiece drop from Colonel Vorgath, the boss before him. All bosses reward differently -- to be entitled to that loot you need to be killing the bosses.
So you mentioned TFB, does TFB HM only drop level 63 gear from the last boss TFB ? Why every boss drops level 63 gear rather than campaign or rakata? Because it's to match the difficulty and let people be able to upgrade. Tier 1HM is the same thing, previous bosses drop columi earpieces/implants, relics and Exotech, why can't LI do the same and drop rakata earpieces/implants?

The boss' difficultly should match its drop, and give upgrade to the majority who can do it.

Kitru's Avatar


Kitru
12.24.2012 , 12:29 PM | #328
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
So you mentioned TFB, does TFB HM only drop level 63 gear from the last boss TFB ?
SM EC and SM TfB only drop BH gear off of the final boss. Absolutely everything else is Rakata. Your argument is invalid.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.24.2012 , 12:31 PM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
SM EC and SM TfB only drop BH gear off of the final boss. Absolutely everything else is Rakata. Your argument is invalid.
Then why didn't HM do the same? Are we talking about HM LI or SM LI? Why compare HM to SM rather than HM Tier 1 FP and HM OPS?

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
12.24.2012 , 12:37 PM | #330
SM is to let people know the story and prepare for HM, HM/NiM is purely to take challenge for gear.

Tier 1 HM=Columi+relics+Exotech
EV/KP HM=Rakata/relics
EC HM=Campaign
TFB HM=Dreadguard

Why only LI makes exception, the drop before final boss don't give upgrade to the majority who can do it?