Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch Client stuck

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Spowagrrrr
12.11.2012 , 09:43 AM | #31
So has anyone that posted in the thread managed to completed installation of the patch?
The Spowage Legacy
the Red Eclipse

Das_Schlippo
12.11.2012 , 09:48 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by itonez View Post
problem with mine is if i exit the laucher.. the "patch" folder would disappear as a result its deleted anyways
so everytime reload the launcher it redownloads the Main Assets 94 patch then install to 39% which stops there
exiting the launcher would make the patcher folder disappear..so nothing to delete
Interesting. I killed the launcher.exe process and the patch folder was still there.

ValonHeler
12.11.2012 , 09:49 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

Please connect directly with an Ethernet cable rather than Wi-Fi if possible.

Go to www.swtor.com/download, download the latest launcher setup file and run the installation over the current one.

Also please remove and re-add firewall and antivirus exceptions for SWTOR.exe and Launcher.exe as new versions of these files can still trigger your AV software even if an exception has already been made.

If after trying all of the above you still cannot install SWTOR_Setup.exe we would ask that you post again here and include your Installation log, which is located at this default location:
****EDIT: path and filename slightly modified.****
C:\Users\%username%\My Documents\Install Star Wars The Old Republic.log

Please post again if the issue remains.
This is 2 weeks in a row with this crap. Your final response last week was "Sorry, we don't know what the problem is. Reinstall"
Is it going to be like this every week/patch? You will lose a lot of people if this is the new norm.
I looked at the forums BEFORE patching this morning and saw the problems again. Booted into safe mode with network and started there before even beginning to patch anything.
Installing Asset 94..... 0%
Launcher hangs.
You MUST go into task manager and force close the launcher because it stops responding.
Your fixes do nothing.... again. Just like last week. But since you now want this log, here it is. I don't expect much to come from it.
Yes, I'm pissed. I spent 8 hours of screwing with this crap last week.
Spoiler
If at first you don't succeed, try a bigger blaster

Cerimon
12.11.2012 , 09:51 AM | #34 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

Please run the Windows disk scan utility called Chkdsk if the previously posted troubleshooting steps have not helped thus far. Chkdsk will check the integrity of your hard drive and can fix problems it finds. Please attempt to patch the game again after running Chkdsk.

To run chkdsk via the Windows Command Prompt:
  • Open the Windows Start Menu
  • Type 'cmd' in the 'Search programs and files' field, hold Ctrl+Shift and press enter
  • Type 'chkdsk <drive >:' where the drive is the letter of the drive you are installing to, e.g. 'chkdsk c:', and press enter If errors are detected you can repair using the '/r' option, e.g. 'chkdsk c: /r'
To run chkdsk via the Windows GUI (Windows 7):
  • Select 'Computer' from the Windows Start Menu
  • Right-click on the drive you are installing to and select 'Properties'
  • Select the 'Tools' tab
  • Under 'Error Checking' select 'Check now...' If errors are detected, you will be prompted with an option to repair

Please let us know if your issue remains and we will try to assist you further.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Psylee
12.11.2012 , 09:53 AM | #35
i had same problem , stuck at 66% installing Main Assets ... but than i came to these thread where i see many ppl have same problem and are using Swtor Unleashed launcher.
well for me problem got solved by clicking Remove and Quit button on that swtor unleashed launcher , assets got restored to their native places and wholla game installs perfectly
gl bashing game for non-existing problems and ty moderators for taking their time to write solution

Saphos
12.11.2012 , 10:13 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Psylee View Post
i had same problem , stuck at 66% installing Main Assets ... but than i came to these thread where i see many ppl have same problem and are using Swtor Unleashed launcher.
well for me problem got solved by clicking Remove and Quit button on that swtor unleashed launcher , assets got restored to their native places and wholla game installs perfectly
gl bashing game for non-existing problems and ty moderators for taking their time to write solution
NOT everyone is using the Unleashed dude.
You'll Never Walk Alone
The Dark Vengeance

Ado-Vanet
12.11.2012 , 10:15 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Psylee View Post
you are amazing, I tried everything on this forum, and your simple solution actually did it.

rcracerone
12.11.2012 , 10:50 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Das_Schlippo View Post
I managed to get my machine to fully install the patch after being stuck at 89%

I went to C:\Program Files\Origin Games\Star Wars - The Old Republic and found the folder called patch.9dd865e9e0fe11f43f8c153eef460e8be3140453. I deleted it and restarted the launcher. It successfully downloaded and installed the patch afterwards. I hope this is helpful to others.
Got stuck at 85%, did the same as above and patch went through without a hitch the second time.

Beesodd
12.11.2012 , 11:00 AM | #39 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi guys, if you're still encountering issues, please take the steps below.

If Main Assets is freezing/stalling, take these steps:

Please double check that (if you have it installed on your machine) your Java is up to date.

Then, ensuring that you have the launcher closed and gone from your Processes list in Task Manager, navigate to the game folder and delete the following files:
- "Patch" folder
- "Patch.long string of letters and numbers" folder
- "Patcher_-1toXX" or similar folders
- "assets_swtor_XXX_XXX" or similar folders (do not delete the folder named "Assets")
- "Patcher.version" file
- "Launcher.settings" file
- "Launcher.exe" file

Then download the setup file from www.swtor.com/download and run this over your existing install.

Once this has completed, please restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking, and let it patch.

If the issue is with Game Client, sometimes deleting the retailclient_swtor.version file is sufficient on it's own. If not, delete it, the "Patch.long string of letters and numbers" file and the "retailclient_swtorXXtoXX" folder, and take the setup file/safemode steps above.

Also, as mentioned above, disable SWTOR Unleashed as it can interfere.

I hope this helps.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Boda
12.11.2012 , 11:00 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Saphos View Post
NOT everyone is using the Unleashed dude.
Zomg U stuck here too ?

Sat at 9%
Boda Reyy
The Dark Vengeance MMO Guild
Standing in Fire since 2003
We are Recruiting Casuals and Raiders [TDV Website]