Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Da Big Hitters: Attacks & Heals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Da Big Hitters: Attacks & Heals

Ycoga
12.11.2012 , 09:15 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
I removed it from Sin last week. It's still on sorc because I have more people telling me they have it happen than those that say it's impossible. Those that go with 600 expertise and high end damage increase pve gear tell me it's possible.
They're hardly helping your team much with 600 expertise as they're such a liability requiring constant protection; also they're missing out on approximately 12% bonus damage by not going up to 1200 expertise.
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

CharterMonkKent
12.11.2012 , 09:17 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
They're hardly helping your team much with 600 expertise as they're such a liability requiring constant protection; also they're missing out on approximately 12% bonus damage by not going up to 1200 expertise.
As of now power is still king. Well, as of patch 1.5, I haven't played 1.6 yet to see if there were any adjustments made behind the scenes.

And Sorcs usually need constant protection
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Carter_Mathis
12.11.2012 , 09:21 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
Let's get away from the negative threads and do something entertaining (while we are at work/wherever). Almost all classes have a big hitter. Let's list them out. The way I look at this is attacks capable of hitting for over 5k. However, you can use your own judgement on what should be here. I will add in items as we go and I have time.

Smuggler / Agent

Operative / Scoundrel
-Hidden Strike / Shoot First 5k Capable (higher with Acid Blade / Flechette Round)
-Backstab / Backblast 5k Capable
-Underworld Medicine / Kolto Injection 5k Capable
-Kolto Pack/Kolto Infusion 5k Capable
-Hidden Strike/Shoot First - almost never hits for 5k against anyone with respectable gear
-Backstab/Back Blast - only hits for 5k on people with bad PVE gear...
-Kolto Pack/Kolto Infusion - if you seriously use this in your rotation as a healer, I'm going to come through this computer and slap you

I should preface this with the fact that I'm in fully auged WH with 5 EWH pieces and I stack power/cunning and set bonus crit, so my hits are even bigger than normal scoundrels
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

CharterMonkKent
12.11.2012 , 09:28 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
-Hidden Strike/Shoot First - almost never hits for 5k against anyone with respectable gear
-Backstab/Back Blast - only hits for 5k on people with bad PVE gear...
-Kolto Pack/Kolto Infusion - if you seriously use this in your rotation as a healer, I'm going to come through this computer and slap you

I should preface this with the fact that I'm in fully auged WH with 5 EWH pieces and I stack power/cunning and set bonus crit, so my hits are even bigger than normal scoundrels
I have many others that say they are capable. Personally I hit 5k with HS quite often. Especially pairing the acid blade damage. If well geared (as you are) HS direct damage only needs to be around 4200 to hit 5k w/acid blade from time to time. I've only hit 5k with backstab once, but pairing with acid blade I hit it often enough.

As for Kolto Pack, it doesn't matter if it's used or not, it hits 5k, which is the point of this thread.
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Carter_Mathis
12.11.2012 , 10:24 AM | #145
My apologies, I assumed that we were talking about hitting an actually geared player rather than someone running around naked. Shoot First with Flechette Round will normally crit for 4.7-4.8k on a well geared sorc, but unless my 79.8% crit multiplier and my 970 bonus damage with1200 expertise is bugged, it won't hit for 5k against a respectably geared player.
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

CharterMonkKent
12.11.2012 , 10:28 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
My apologies, I assumed that we were talking about hitting an actually geared player rather than someone running around naked. Shoot First with Flechette Round will normally crit for 4.7-4.8k on a well geared sorc, but unless my 79.8% crit multiplier and my 970 bonus damage with1200 expertise is bugged, it won't hit for 5k against a respectably geared player.
We all know what assumptions are....

As I've said a number of times in this thread. The post is not about fully geared EWH (not the best) attacking BiS (the best) of vice versa. It's meant to show the big attacks of each AC, nothing more.
<Nothing Personal>
+ =