Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

agntt
12.11.2012 , 08:44 AM | #51
Anyone tested RE those grade 7 upgrades with cybertech yet? If they will give you stabilizers, the game has become 100% pay to win.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 09:00 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Kesphin View Post
Schematics are not in cartel market cause they are solded already crafted. Actually it's worse... You can have all defensive items for 400 cartel points. Are you seriously gonna give 4 stabilizers; 2 matrix etc, for only one object?

EAware just crossed the red line. You can't even farm old space missions to get enough distinctions, they deleted the quests! FP = Forced to pay.
The old quests are gone?
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

ReallYDeepMan
12.11.2012 , 09:12 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
The old quests are gone?
I still see the old quests, they don't appear to be gone to me.

That being said, even with them it's still a grind. You can do an hour of Space / Day and net 100 Fleet comms, or, more realistically, 20 minutes for 45 Comms. That's 14-30 days of doing the missions every day to get the Armor and two weapon upgrades. Or, just pay real world money ...

This is a bad precedent.

MrSchmo
12.11.2012 , 09:17 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
Oh noes you will have to play content that you say you enjoy for a whole week!!!! How dare they!

I am sure if you open a CS ticket they will just send you everything you are entitled to for free with no effort on your part.

Pay2Win is when the best things are ONLY on the market. This is just another option designed to milk the greedy and impatient "Must have it NOW!" crowd and there is nothing wrong with that.
I'll agree with the above statement.

The hypocrisy in this forum amazes me. Days ago everyone complained about space mission and that thu were a waste of time as no one played them. Now they are released and everyone complains that they have to play them to aquire in game stuff. Then complain cause there is 2 ways of aquiring said items. Of course they miss the fact that this is a single player mini game that has no effect on other peoples game.

I think we are now complaining to complain. Week ago no one cared, now everyone does?
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

notalkjustrock
12.11.2012 , 09:21 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSchmo View Post
Days ago everyone complained about space mission and that thu were a waste of time as no one played them. Now they are released and everyone complains that they have to play them to aquire in game stuff.
I didn't complain about them being a waste of time. I was excited about new space content. Maybe there are different groups of players?

ReallYDeepMan
12.11.2012 , 09:25 AM | #56
The new space missions are a good source of black hole and fleet commendations. As such, they could have a fair effect on advancement (through BH Gear) and the Economy (through Grade 7 Boxes).

My understanding from Dulfy's post was that it's 30 minutes of space missions for:
  • 12 Black Hole Commendations
  • 30 Daily Commendations
  • 240 Fleet Commendations

The old ones, assuming you did just the last two (since they had the best rate of return), was 18 minutes for:
  • 0 Black Hole Commendations
  • 2 Daily Commendations
  • 40 Fleet Commendations

(If you spent the whole 73 Mintues doing all space missions you'd get 100 Comms but I never bothered doing all of them, given the Comms you get for the time you put in)

The rate of return for the time you put in is much higher for the new missions, which would explain why people didn't care about space before, but may well care about them now.

HelinCarnate
12.11.2012 , 09:26 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by ReallYDeepMan View Post
I still see the old quests, they don't appear to be gone to me.

That being said, even with them it's still a grind. You can do an hour of Space / Day and net 100 Fleet comms, or, more realistically, 20 minutes for 45 Comms. That's 14-30 days of doing the missions every day to get the Armor and two weapon upgrades. Or, just pay real world money ...

This is a bad precedent.
Yup. Would have to agree. If you want the schematics, that is 2 weeks of lowbie space missions. Every day for an hour or so, just doing space missions. Only have 2 hours to play? Well there goes half your play time if you want the new upgrades or all your play time if you want to do it for 2 characters. You want the other items? another 15 days. Want the items to make the schematics? Another few days. This has turned me off from space missions.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 09:31 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by MrSchmo View Post
I'll agree with the above statement.

The hypocrisy in this forum amazes me. Days ago everyone complained about space mission and that thu were a waste of time as no one played them. Now they are released and everyone complains that they have to play them to aquire in game stuff. Then complain cause there is 2 ways of aquiring said items. Of course they miss the fact that this is a single player mini game that has no effect on other peoples game.

I think we are now complaining to complain. Week ago no one cared, now everyone does?

You don't "have" to play................ you can just buy them off the cashshop. P2W.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

HelinCarnate
12.11.2012 , 09:32 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by ReallYDeepMan View Post
The new space missions are a good source of black hole and fleet commendations. As such, they could have a fair effect on advancement (through BH Gear) and the Economy (through Grade 7 Boxes).

My understanding from Dulfy's post was that it's 30 minutes of space missions for:
  • 12 Black Hole Commendations
  • 30 Daily Commendations
  • 240 Fleet Commendations

The old ones, assuming you did just the last two (since they had the best rate of return), was 18 minutes for:
  • 0 Black Hole Commendations
  • 2 Daily Commendations
  • 40 Fleet Commendations

(If you spent the whole 73 Mintues doing all space missions you'd get 100 Comms but I never bothered doing all of them, given the Comms you get for the time you put in)

The rate of return for the time you put in is much higher for the new missions, which would explain why people didn't care about space before, but may well care about them now.
Correct, but for most people, they cannot complete the new missions without the gade 7 stuff. So they have to grind out for a month to get the upgrades or take the easy way and just buy the gear. I am afraid that many will simply just buy the gear and this will just encourage EA to put in more p2w stuff in the game.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

Starcrosser
12.11.2012 , 09:34 AM | #60
You guys know that we get Cartel Coins every month with our subscription? So technically we get access to all the Cartel stuff without paying more than we already do.