Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 20 PvP gear

Admonitor
12.11.2012 , 07:15 AM | #1
I started PvPing at level 11 and have about 1000 commendations. I noticed the Jedi Knight PvP vendor has some level 20 items that look like they're pretty decent. At the moment I'm level 17 but some of the items on sale like implant, ear slot, look good at least given that I've not found any items for those slots through questing.

Are these actually worth getting at level 20 or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks!
Aegleth - Jedi Sentinel
Iannoriath - Imperial Operative
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Infalliable
12.11.2012 , 08:22 AM | #2
They are pretty good for their level. If you already have 1000 warzone comms, I'd definitely think about getting them as you should spend the comms on somehting if you PVP often.

The next set of PVP gear doesn't come til L40 (IIRC), so there is a large gap where there is little to buy (other than ranked comms).

Oggthebase
12.11.2012 , 08:22 AM | #3
these blue quality item are good

BeToo
12.11.2012 , 08:22 AM | #4
In general, I'd recommend just converting your PVP commendations and convert them into Ranked Commendations (at least, as much as the limits allow). Then when you turn level 50, you might be able to get into better gear quicker. The under 50 'boost' that the game does to level the playing field makes any specific gear more/less unnecessary (not too mention you'll be playing in zones with people who just started playing and don't know details, strategies, hiding places, etc).

NuSeC
12.11.2012 , 08:26 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BeToo View Post
In general, I'd recommend just converting your PVP commendations and convert them into Ranked Commendations (at least, as much as the limits allow). Then when you turn level 50, you might be able to get into better gear quicker. The under 50 'boost' that the game does to level the playing field makes any specific gear more/less unnecessary (not too mention you'll be playing in zones with people who just started playing and don't know details, strategies, hiding places, etc).
He is lvl 17... cant buy RWCs till level 40...
Kinrath Spider -> The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five
Big-Time-Elite-Warlord Doze - Sith Jugg <IMA WHALE OAROAROAR>
Phibrilation-Sorc Punch'N'Pie-PT Annoy-OP Catfu-Mara Howt-Mando Spammin'rocks-Sage QQ'On'Forums-GS

BeToo
12.11.2012 , 08:40 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NuSeC View Post
He is lvl 17... cant buy RWCs till level 40...
But he can stockpile WCs up to 2000 or something (forget the precise hard cap) ... I'd still recommend that over gear purchase...

Adellion
12.11.2012 , 08:55 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by BeToo View Post
But he can stockpile WCs up to 2000 or something (forget the precise hard cap) ... I'd still recommend that over gear purchase...
I disagree, there is no point stockpiling from lv.17, he's reach his cap within a few levels, better to gear up and just stockpile from Lv.30-35 onwards.
You said you would never let go... you lied.

Admonitor
12.11.2012 , 09:03 AM | #8
Thanks for your help all. I PvP a lot because I enjoy it so even if I buy that gear I think I'll have plenty of comms by the time I get to 40. Thanks again, really useful.
Aegleth - Jedi Sentinel
Iannoriath - Imperial Operative
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

HerrWulfen
12.11.2012 , 03:17 PM | #9
wz adrenals and medpacks whenever you near the comms cap

gumbydpl
12.11.2012 , 03:37 PM | #10
On top of this, how many comms does the whole set cost, and is there a link to see what stats they provide?

Thanks