Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

mentalmackem
12.11.2012 , 08:17 AM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyCanukk View Post
arguing instead of providing proof..I said i don't deny people left and probably quite a few..you said 2,000,000 another claims its in financial statements and neither has stepped up and backed up their words.

The burden of proof isn't on me, its on the person making the claims. You made a statement in public, I'm calling out that statement and asking for proof of it.
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/31584/s...-old-republic/

Quote:
Total Units

North America:

1.31m

51.8%

+ Europe:

0.89m

35.1%

+ Rest of the World:

0.33m

13.1%

= Global

2.54m

total copies of the game sold

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ea-...?siteid=yhoof2

Quote:
But “Star Wars: The Old Republic” showed signs of weakening. EA said active subscribers totaled 1.3 million at the end of the quarter — down 24% from the 1.7 million reported at the end of the December period, when the game first launched.
So thats may 2012 at 1.3mil subs down from 1.7mil subs

http://4playernetwork.com/blog/2012/...y-in-november/

Quote:
Today, in an investor call with Electronic Arts, it's been revealed that subscribers for the Bioware Star Wars MMO have dropped below 1 million. And while no actual subscriber number was given, EA said that it was still "well over" 500,000...still, a paultry number for a Star Wars game developed in what was, at one time, a hugely successful business model.
this was around the FTP announcement where no sub numbers where given apart from they where above 500k now not sure why they used 500k if they are above 600k or 700k etc or w/e but EA didnt release figures this time we may need to wait till the new financial year for them to say how low the game got and compare it to what FTP has done for it.

Theres the links for the sub drops etc

tzipidamus
12.11.2012 , 08:17 AM | #252
I fully appreciate now after the release of 1.6 that a subscription is the equivalent to a monthly bulk discount on unlocks in the cartel shop. No more, no less. As a subscriber until now, free-to-play has not directly affected my enjoyment beyond the noticeable increase in population -- a good thing. I was even a bit encouraged by the cartel shop, considering it somewhat of an in-game horse armor / pet shop. Yes, I'm fine with horse armor if you enjoy that sort of thing. Personally, I won't be spending currency on vanity items I'd normally associate with a holiday event -- especially at current prices. Subscriptions aren't what they used to be. Patch 1.6 has changed my perception of the game.

Electronic Arts: I'd pay some cartel coins as ransom for the return of Holiday for my two consulars. Similarly, I absolutely have cartel coins to spend so my companions can re-learn to sheath their light sabers. Could we perhaps get some Cosmetic Bug Extermination Packs in the cartel shop?

Screaming_Ziva
12.11.2012 , 08:18 AM | #253
I've been a strong supporter of the cartel store but putting the Life Day items in the store without an event to get them in-game is total BS. Even if the event was "take these presents to the orphans on Corellia (insert other planets here) but watch out for Grinches (or whatever the Life Day equivalent is)" it would have been a thousand times more acceptable than forcing people to buy them (if they want them).

DuckKing
12.11.2012 , 08:19 AM | #254
You guys forgot, life day isn't possible. We are "stuck in time" on this game so the same day is every day for us. There is never a new day.

Thugari
12.11.2012 , 08:19 AM | #255
This really is low, Life day enjoyable by cartel points? Stop thinking with your wallet guys.

SilentKitty
12.11.2012 , 08:20 AM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
I agree COMPLETELY. They should have had an event with holiday quests on the home planets to obtain these items. It's also ridiculous that the cool new weapons all drop from packs now. F2P isn't win.......
Yes, some pretty cool weapons drop rng from the packs. That is why you get them on the GTN. I got all the previous Cartel-weapons of the GTN. If I would have gotten them from packs it would have been a fortune in Cartel Coins. I got 4 packs for the fun of it, and then i bought the things I really wanted of the GTN.

I would not recommend buying Packs until you get a specific cool weapon. Unless the rng-gods are nice to you than they usually are to me

Guancyto
12.11.2012 , 08:20 AM | #257
Although EA seems to be finding new and innovative ways to be the industry pioneer in incredibly crass monetization, I'm actually okay with this. The Life Day packs thing that is (seeing space gear on the market makes my blood boil).

See, I've seen the Star Wars Christmas Special.

There's no greater middle finger than to make anything bearing the name of Life Day cost $20+, and then to refuse to spend development time on an ingame event for it.

Seriously, **** Life Day.

SilentKitty
12.11.2012 , 08:22 AM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
I've been a strong supporter of the cartel store but putting the Life Day items in the store without an event to get them in-game is total BS. Even if the event was "take these presents to the orphans on Corellia (insert other planets here) but watch out for Grinches (or whatever the Life Day equivalent is)" it would have been a thousand times more acceptable than forcing people to buy them (if they want them).
Hmm... I wouldn't be upset if there were no event, but december isn't over yet. It might just be some kind of event. Otherwise I guess that the best thing is to get them from GTN. I'll put up a Revan robe there myself and see how much that will let me get on the GTN. More interested in new weapons than robes.

MiraniSedai
12.11.2012 , 08:23 AM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by Devlonir View Post
Just a question: weren't those events in already before LOTRO went F2P? I honestly don't know because I didn't play it.

Because that would explain at least half the reason not to make them cost money in LOTRO.. as they were already paid by earlier subscriptions. As well as not wanting to make people pay more for what they once got as part of their subscription in that very game.

Just curious really.. Because if that's the case.. comparing LOTRO events to TOR events is, quite literally, apples to bantha steaks.
No they were not all already there before the game went F2P. They have introduced at least 2 new festivals in LOTRO in the last year.

Farmers festival between summer and fall festivals was new this year and so was that one where you go dig up stuff for the goat in the dwarf area (don't remember the name of it).

Galbatorrix
12.11.2012 , 08:29 AM | #260
I won't spend a dime on the life day items.