Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch Client stuck

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Spowagrrrr
12.11.2012 , 08:07 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Das_Schlippo View Post
Stuck at 89% for over an hour. I wish I could download and install the patch without this wonky launcher.
89%? Not bad, I've just come to shut down my PC after 1 hour and its still stuck at 1%...

Cerimon
12.11.2012 , 08:13 AM | #22 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

Please connect directly with an Ethernet cable rather than Wi-Fi if possible.

Go to www.swtor.com/download, download the latest launcher setup file and run the installation over the current one.

Also please remove and re-add firewall and antivirus exceptions for SWTOR.exe and Launcher.exe as new versions of these files can still trigger your AV software even if an exception has already been made.

If after trying all of the above you still cannot install SWTOR_Setup.exe we would ask that you post again here and include your Installation log, which is located at this default location:
****EDIT: path and filename slightly modified.****
C:\Users\%username%\My Documents\Install Star Wars The Old Republic.log

Please post again if the issue remains.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Das_Schlippo
12.11.2012 , 08:15 AM | #23
I managed to get my machine to fully install the patch after being stuck at 89%

I went to C:\Program Files\Origin Games\Star Wars - The Old Republic and found the folder called patch.9dd865e9e0fe11f43f8c153eef460e8be3140453. I deleted it and restarted the launcher. It successfully downloaded and installed the patch afterwards. I hope this is helpful to others.

Ewald
12.11.2012 , 08:15 AM | #24
This wouldn't be half as annoying if I could go around this problem by manually downloading the patch and then applying it myself. I've had patch freezes in several different online games, and usually if the loader installer freezes on install, running my own local patch file usually solves the problem.

I cannot understand why SWTOR wouldn't have a manual, downloadable patch.exe. Not only would it help solve occasional problems such as this, but it would enable those with slower internet connections out there to download and install the patch and also be an effective way of pre-downloading the patch a day before. There are hopefully other good reasons as well.

The fact that so many players experience patcher freezing up however shows that this is a major problem. It also makes me wonder if this patch was tested properly befaure launched out to the public. When a major patcher problem like this occurs for more than a handful of people perhaps it could have been detected before hand?

There really should have been a manual way of downloading and applying the patch oneself.
Evil? Good? Does it matter?

Both sides are arrogant, narrow minded and unflinchingly believes they are right and the other side is wrong. Neither accepts that the other side might have a point.

itonez
12.11.2012 , 08:23 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Das_Schlippo View Post
I managed to get my machine to fully install the patch after being stuck at 89%

I went to C:\Program Files\Origin Games\Star Wars - The Old Republic and found the folder called patch.9dd865e9e0fe11f43f8c153eef460e8be3140453. I deleted it and restarted the launcher. It successfully downloaded and installed the patch afterwards. I hope this is helpful to others.
problem with mine is if i exit the laucher.. the "patch" folder would disappear as a result its deleted anyways
so everytime reload the launcher it redownloads the Main Assets 94 patch then install to 39% which stops there
exiting the launcher would make the patcher folder disappear..so nothing to delete

Ewald
12.11.2012 , 08:30 AM | #26
Did try the SWTOR.exe and run and installation over the old installation. No effect at all! Even with Kasparsky and Windows Firewall turned off!

And best of all? The "Install Star Wars The Old Republic.txt" file you wanted? It cannot be found on my pc. First I went through the folders, then I went to My Computer page and asked the computer to search for it. It found nothing. No such file at all. So such a file cannot even be posted.

Your patch doesn't want to work. And I do not think Local Security Measures are at fault. How can they be when they are off?

( By the way, I think I know why the "Install Star Wars The Old Republic.txt" wasn't created. On my computer there is no users/<username>/my documents folder. It is a Norwegian pc and its called brukere/<username>/mine dokumenter. I doubt your program is authorized to create a users/<username>/my documents folder, and if it doesn't have international OS folder names alternatives and are unable to find the Norwegian pathway I doubt it gets authorization to create "Install Star Wars The Old Republic.txt" to a pathway that doesn't already exist.)

Both sides are arrogant, narrow minded and unflinchingly believes they are right and the other side is wrong. Neither accepts that the other side might have a point.

Spowagrrrr
12.11.2012 , 08:37 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ewald View Post
Did try the SWTOR.exe and run and installation over the old installation. No effect at all! Even with Kasparsky and Windows Firewall turned off!

And best of all? The "Install Star Wars The Old Republic.txt" file you wanted? It cannot be found on my pc. First I went through the folders, then I went to My Computer page and asked the computer to search for it. It found nothing. No such file at all. So such a file cannot even be posted.

Your patch doesn't want to work. And I do not think Local Security Measures are at fault. IHow can they be when they are off?
I'm can confirm this too, nothing happening after trying the steps provided and no "Install Star Wars The Old Republic.txt" file either

EDIT: found the attempted launcher log elsewhere in my files, my apologies. not really clued on on this.

Spoiler

Spowagrrrr
12.11.2012 , 08:57 AM | #28
Another 30 minutes and still at 1%...tried all advice posted and nothing. any more ideas?
The Spowage Legacy
the Red Eclipse

Ewald
12.11.2012 , 09:04 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Spowagrrrr View Post
Another 30 minutes and still at 1%...tried all advice posted and nothing. any more ideas?
1%?

The majority of us ground to a halt between 40% and 60%, and the launcher was declearing "install" not "download". We may not have the same problem?

Spowagrrrr
12.11.2012 , 09:07 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ewald View Post
1%?

The majority of us ground to a halt between 40% and 60%, and the launcher was declearing "install" not "download". We may not have the same problem?
Hmmmm, I hope not. The game worked fine yesterday. Come to update for 1.6 and nothing :-/

EDIT: stuck at installing Main Assets 94 (1%) it downloaded fine.
The Spowage Legacy
the Red Eclipse