Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

Satanski
12.11.2012 , 07:52 AM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
Why the life day items are in the cartel market and not in a festival i will never know, its a cheap money grab to something that should of been put in the game as content. I beg people to vote with there wallets and not buy this life day stuff in hopes that bioware realise this should of been event and they need to stop being lazy.
Im with you

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 07:53 AM | #242
Quote: Originally Posted by Devlonir View Post
This is too wide a description of P2W honestly.. I'd describe it more as: "Paying to receive the end reward of current game mechanics." myself. Because your description actually makes XP and social boosts also part of P2W.. or even the ability to receive certain armor looks normally part of grinds in Flashpoints or PVP. And that is something I wouldn't consider Pay 2 Win but Pay 4 Speed.

And yes, buying max grade Spaceship gear is, what I consider, Pay 2 Win.. only plus side really is that Space Missions don't have any impact outside your own experience in them (and how they make you credits) and are, therefore, relatively harmless to P2W on.

Well I would personally discribe those things as P2W of a fashion, only they are the most acceptable version of it, and perhaps unavoidable in a Cashshop based game.

But yes anything at maximum level that allows you to progress via cash rather than game play is certainly P2W.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Rafaman
12.11.2012 , 07:59 AM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
Just Curious does anybody know of any other MMO on the market that sells all festival/event items in a store and has no event at all??

Lol! If there is no event, then the items aren't event items....

Just don't see how this is confusing peeps. These items were not meant to be earned through skill or a quest because... there is no event. These Life Day items are just fluff. And... it's not even good fluff.

I'm not going to buy any. But it's not in protest. I could careless what they sell for Life Day because the items aren't of any value. An all red set of gear... A speeder with christmas lights... and what... a couple of toys?

Sound the all clear, the crisis is over. There is nothing to buy.

JamesDisaster
12.11.2012 , 08:00 AM | #244
If they do NOTHING I'm out. Been subscribed since launch, played in the beta, watched the site for a year or two before all that. I don't have a sense of entitlement. I understand despite my loyalty EA/Bioware doesn't shape their game based on my wishes, but I reserve the right to be crestfallen. This game is just not going in the direction I had in mind. I don't care about cartel market gambling, and with F2P that's their big money suck, so that's where development focus is shifting.
"Away put your weapon. I mean you no harm."

thirtysmooth
12.11.2012 , 08:01 AM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post

Ok I'm confused as to what you disagree with me about then.

So if you:

1. Think not having an event, only a Life Day Cartel Pack is a bad idea.
&
2. Think that the Life Day Cartel Packs are hideously overpriced.

Then basically we completely agree.
I was trying to state that if Bioware haven't said anything about a Life Day event, then why is the community up-in-arms about not having one? They added Life Day-related items to the Cartel Market, whether they are exterionately overpriced is subjective (they are in my opinion), which the community should be thankful for. If no event comes to fruition, then so be it. At least they have given us the tools to celebrate it in some form.

If you refuse to purchase the Life Day items, which I won't blame you if you don't, then be mature about it and move along. The game hasn't changed because of this.

melodylane
12.11.2012 , 08:03 AM | #246
For once I have to agree with the "slap in the face" folks here. The reason I stayed a subscriber was to avoid being nickeled and dimed in the cc shop. I thought life day would be an event we could participate in to have some fun and get some cool stuff from. But now I see I have to get it all from the cc shop I admit I feel a little ripped off. I pay my sub and I still need to pay 19.99 to get the life day stuff. Thats wrong. And im not the complaining type I usually dont come.the forums and nay say but... Damn bioware....

"For some people this world ain't never gonna be right.... Maybe your Mattie's one of those people" ~ Doc Holiday -Tombstone-

SilentKitty
12.11.2012 , 08:04 AM | #247
Hmm... didn't they say that there were going to be a new cartel-pack for each month? I do not think we can expect to have a event for each different pack that comes out. I got a few packs for fun, had some luck with items I wanted. Now I'll see if anything else I want comes up on the GTN. I've done my december shopping SWTOR-wise.
Female Mandalorians who romanced Torian are missing his Resol'nare and Mando'a lessons conversations since 4.0 launched. Please fix this!

Galbatorrix
12.11.2012 , 08:13 AM | #248
I agree COMPLETELY. They should have had an event with holiday quests on the home planets to obtain these items. It's also ridiculous that the cool new weapons all drop from packs now. F2P isn't win.......

nosmos
12.11.2012 , 08:13 AM | #249
agreed.

Love the game, and like everyone else I have been disappointed at times but continued to play the game. I enjoy character mechanics, animations - and overall the non-12-year-old-anime-fantasy feel to it.

But seriously, it's coming on a year - I don't even know what Life Day is in the Star Wars universe....but I was excited about 'something' to do other then daily's and stand on the fleet with. Geared my 5 other alts in campaign and 63's can't keep my attention forever - where are the events? I realize the impossibility of fluctuating events lie Rift has - though, this would be great and give us reason to revisit planets at 50...but, only Two events in a year? Really? This life Day thing was hyped up -it comes and everything is on the market to buy, re-skinned armour with a Christmasy feel or a crap speeder with tinsel on it....Where's the double bladed saber love? Snipers get a cool long bow, marauders and jugs get a silly axe if they want it....wheres our neato staff or crazy Conan the Barbarian looking something or other...

Bah shrug....I remember in rift they had that long quest, and at the end you got a cool new helm or chest and a croco mount...that was fun.
55 Assassin - 55 Sorc - 55 Jug - 55 Marauder - 55 Sniper
55 Operative - 55 merc - 55 Powertech

Smuglebunny
12.11.2012 , 08:14 AM | #250
Just saying. I pay my sub, thats all im paying. If ever I have to pay one more dime other than my sub to play the game. Ill just stop playing it. JUST SAYIN. I already stopped playing for a while and came back, I could easily just find something else to do. This type of thing is UNWISE. For now I dont need whatever this armor is but if I ever HAVE to buy something...Its ova.