Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 07:21 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
Luckily the schematics are not in cartel market... yet.
But I agree, they should put some items only, and make the rest grindable. When the prices were announced, I started grind, and had enough comms to buy all the buyable stuff. The rest I got for the coins, as there is really nothing I could spend them on in cartel market (being subscriber)

Besides, what you got as P2W space.... 5 extra BH comms a week. That's like one armoring in two months and also about 200k creds a month (that's a day of dailies). So not that it will change "balance of power".

P2W is P2W, there's no scale to it.

P2W doesn't suddenly become not P2W because the advantage is small, in fact in most cases of P2W the advantage IS small (mostly because anything bigger and players just up and leave, leaving the game to die).
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Heezdedjim
12.11.2012 , 07:29 AM | #32
It's true, the new space missions require the Grade 7 stuff to even do them, and it's an unvelievable grind to get that stuff in game, as people have griped about since the gear was patched in.

So yes, it is pay to win: You Pay, and Bioware Wins.

Leigabar
12.11.2012 , 07:29 AM | #33
First of all I hope that all this is just exaggeration. I will come back home test it and the I will see. Will check prices at vendor, I should be able to buy at least 2 new parts.
Primary thou I will test if I can finish those missions without buying anything but If all info from PTS is correct....

I have my Star Fox 64 and N64 but It have one flaw - it have "Fox" instead "Wars".

I will not whine, complain or rage untill I give it a try but It seams that from economical point of view it will be better If I unsub and buy weekly passes from time to time.

Sorry for my previous post but thats happen when You let emotions rule You. Dark Side always waiting

B.R.
Leigabar

ReallYDeepMan
12.11.2012 , 07:36 AM | #34
This is Pay To Win, plain and simple. I'm extremely disappointed.

Eshmael
12.11.2012 , 07:41 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by HarleysRule View Post
If these items were for endgame PvE or PvP I would agree, but since space combat is currently just a fail single player minigame that no one plays, I wouldn't classify this as P2W. Now if they ever have a real multiplayer space experience (which I doubt), then yes this becomes P2W.
You buy Cartelcoins für 35$ and get ~8-10mios (on some Server even more) Credits for it.
With this you buy full Dreadguard.
What is p2w then? BW gives you Credits through money. If this isnt p2w then what is?

Devlonir
12.11.2012 , 07:48 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by EATtheDEAD View Post
I don't understand your reply to me. Are you disagreeing with my post or agreeing with it? I was talking about that too if you read the entire thing.
Very simple.. he only agrees about the fact of Spaceship gear being bad and doesn't care about the 'cool looks' of other things. It is the fact that the best statted gear in game for Space Missions, the thing you'd grind Space Missions to achieve, is available through the Cash Shop as well.

This is not Pay 4 Time, which it would be if you could, say, buy the Grade 6 stuff to gear out your ship so you can do the heroics. This is Pay 2 Win because you have the eventual maximum statted reward for the activity already through cash.

That is the major difference for everyone. And really.. most people don't care about the looks stuff or the Life Day things as other posters in other threads do. But this is a problem more people seem to agree on.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

Devlonir
12.11.2012 , 07:49 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshmael View Post
You buy Cartelcoins für 35$ and get ~8-10mios (on some Server even more) Credits for it.
With this you buy full Dreadguard.
What is p2w then? BW gives you Credits through money. If this isnt p2w then what is?
Eeeh.. Credits through money is NOT P2W.. it is Gold Selling done by Bioware themselves.
Get your definition of P2W straight please. Credits =/= winning.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

FCazares
12.11.2012 , 07:50 AM | #38
I purchased sll 3 sets of new parts for the new space missions and they're so difficult even with them I havent been able to complete one. So they would be very impossble without them.

Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit.

Devlonir
12.11.2012 , 07:51 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by FCazares View Post
I purchased sll 3 sets of new parts for the new space missions and they're so difficult even with them I havent been able to complete one. So they would be very impossble without them.
I have also heard of people who could finish them in only the current Grade 6 stuff, or at most with 1 or 2 Grade 7 things they bought with saved Fleet Comms.

So really, this is just a practice issue for you I think.

Cirinia
12.11.2012 , 07:52 AM | #40
Deffinitely not. I have made an attempt to complete 3 and failed 3 times. To say it shortly: gear gap between Grade 5 artifacts and grade 7 is too big and missions are designed in a way u will get hit eventualy (no chance to dodge at point blank range). All that damage builds up and u will simply get scrapped before mission ends.
From those 3 failures I have already learned what I need and once I'm done with tweaking my two main characters all fleet comms I get will go for gear upgrades I need (9 ships...). This will keep me busy for a while

Also if u do not like space combat You don't have to do them. We have other dailies/weekly missions available.

P.S. Like in RL air fight, superior tech wins.