Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

MorgothPl
12.11.2012 , 07:36 AM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by Stenrik View Post
You yell at kids to get off your lawn, don't you?
Why yelling, I do it Clint Eastwood style, with a shotgun and rottweiler

CrazyCanukk
12.11.2012 , 07:37 AM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
More than 2,000,000 people have done just that since it went Live.

The game would be so much better if they had stayed.
Links please ..

hate people making claims and not providing proof..

proper verifiable proof and your friend buddy uncle..cousin twice removed that knows a cleaning lady who is sleeping with the security guard who watches the dry cleaner where one of the devs sisters gets her dresses cleaned over heard a conversation ......doesn't count.

DarthZak
12.11.2012 , 07:38 AM | #233
Quote: Originally Posted by Nythain View Post
My point had little to do with other people buying you cartel coins or a cartel pack, and more to do with we don't know, and shouldn't know, what Life Day will bring us from the developers. This claim is made on the fact that Life Day is modeled after X-Mas, another holiday where you don't know, and shouldn't know, exactly what you are getting, if anything, until the day comes. They could very well still be keeping a "secret" from us, in the sense of one or more of the limited time items arriving in our mailbox, or a special one week only event, etc.
Again, if its with someone elses money I wouldnt care ;p
Im paying with money that I earned to buy stuff for me. This isnt a case of "Dont look a gift horse in the mouth" situation since Im not getting a gift!

Quote:
You haven't been excluded yet. The event has just started, it's still the beginning of the month. So they added some fun limited time items to the Cartel Market. That's a natural way to try to make some money. Something companies do. There's still plenty of time for subscriber events or gifts to be implemented, so there's no reason for the rage dial at 11 (a comment I made earlier, and my only real point... all this hostility and disgust and complaining is really too pre-emptive).
So you think theyll give me gifts later into the month after some of the people here already spend real money on it?
Not only would that be stupid, it would also be very stupid. Unless they give other stuff to subs which still makes the situation stupid.. have I said how stupid this choice is?

Quote:
I didn't have a point really. I was curious what you were considering ONE pack for ONE character. There was so much emphasis on ONE that it is really misleading when I found out by ONE pack, you were referring to purchasing everything they made available, which includes multiple packs and items. That point is not invalid, as you were in fact referring to the bundle, that includes everything, and not the ONE item with the ONE word "pack" in it's name.
Fine.. one [b]bundle[/b[, satsified?
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

Kazaganthis
12.11.2012 , 07:40 AM | #234
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyCanukk View Post
Links please ..

hate people making claims and not providing proof..

proper verifiable proof and your friend buddy uncle..cousin twice removed that knows a cleaning lady who is sleeping with the security guard who watches the dry cleaner where one of the devs sisters gets her dresses cleaned over heard a conversation ......
Uhm...have you not been here long? 2.4 mil copies sold and last financial report was 400k-600k subs. I hate fanboys who cant handle the truth.

Devlonir
12.11.2012 , 07:40 AM | #235
P2W is about being able to circumvent the game or part of the gameplay by spending real life cash instead.

What part of Pay to Win do you not understand?
This is too wide a description of P2W honestly.. I'd describe it more as: "Paying to receive the end reward of current game mechanics." myself. Because your description actually makes XP and social boosts also part of P2W.. or even the ability to receive certain armor looks normally part of grinds in Flashpoints or PVP. And that is something I wouldn't consider Pay 2 Win but Pay 4 Speed.

And yes, buying max grade Spaceship gear is, what I consider, Pay 2 Win.. only plus side really is that Space Missions don't have any impact outside your own experience in them (and how they make you credits) and are, therefore, relatively harmless to P2W on.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

thirtysmooth
12.11.2012 , 07:42 AM | #236
So you think 4 months worth of subscriber coins per character for something you can't get anywhere is "reasonable" for paying subscribers then?

Fair enough, but we disagree.
How did you decipher my previous posts to me saying that the Cartel items are reasonable? If anything, I said that they were overpriced.

My point was that the new Cartel items aren't required to facilitate an adequate gaming experience. They are vanity items. If you want them, then you'll have to cough up the cash for them. If I went into a record shop and whined to the customer service assistant that the price of the new Justin Bieber album was too expensive for what it is, he'd politely laugh in my face and show me the door.

It's all subjective anyway, where one person sees the price as fitting, another will either find them overpriced or underpriced. Horses for courses.

mentalmackem
12.11.2012 , 07:43 AM | #237
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazaganthis View Post
Uhm...have you not been here long? 2.4 mil copies sold and last financial report was 400k-600k subs. I hate fanboys who cant handle the truth.
This to be honest, bioware where bragging about there 2mil+ subs when the game came out. And i honestly cant see them doing an even in the noew 14days before Christmas day with no sign of it on the PTS or any mention of it at all by anyone at bioware, however i hope i am wrong and we do get an event.

MiraniSedai
12.11.2012 , 07:47 AM | #238
You know some people just don't like the commercialization of holidays. Yes it happens everywhere and we get to deal with it but it does not mean we have to like or support it.

I don't know about anyone else but to me holidays are about being with family and friends not spending stupid amounts of money on stuff.

I found it disgusting when stores here starting putting out Christmas crap in late August and I find the Cartel stuff for the holidays equally disgusting. As such I won't be buying any of it.

If others want to that is their option.

Other games I play (even ones with stores have holiday events where people can EARN the holiday stuff. That I can deal with but this blatant money grab is just silly.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 07:49 AM | #239
Quote: Originally Posted by thirtysmooth View Post
How did you decipher my previous posts to me saying that the Cartel items are reasonable? If anything, I said that they were overpriced.

My point was that the new Cartel items aren't required to facilitate an adequate gaming experience. They are vanity items. If you want them, then you'll have to cough up the cash for them. If I went into a record shop and whined to the customer service assistant that the price of the new Justin Bieber album was too expensive for what it is, he'd politely laugh in my face and show me the door.

It's all subjective anyway, where one person sees the price as fitting, another will either find them overpriced or underpriced. Horses for courses.

Ok I'm confused as to what you disagree with me about then.

So if you:

1. Think not having an event, only a Life Day Cartel Pack is a bad idea.
&
2. Think that the Life Day Cartel Packs are hideously overpriced.

Then basically we completely agree.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Satanski
12.11.2012 , 07:51 AM | #240
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
And LotRO also makes you buy quest packs from 20-50 so you can level. SWTOR offers that for free.

And 'this crap' may cost millions but how do you know the funds for the Market are not strictly from the revenue it creates? You don't, you're whining with no basis for an argument.
It doesnt matter what in game is for free. I am paying customer and all that interests me is what i get for my subscription money.

The second paragraph makes me feel like im back in school. There are many interent sites which sell 3d animated models, you can check for yourself what they cost. And im sure they throw all the money they get from us onto one large pile and spend them as they see fitting.

Quote: Originally Posted by Devlonir View Post
This is a one time 5 year anniversary event.

I am thinking more along the lines of their yearly holiday events with my question. As people were claiming those were a lot better than what we get with TOR so far. My question really was: If those yearly events occured before F2P, why can we compare them to new yearly events in TOR post F2P?

Though I see the point of this being a new event post F2P for LOTRO and might be comparable.. The First Wookie Life Day of SWTOR is not a milestone comparable to a 5 year anniversary. Though it is proof in one direction, it is not defenitive proof. Thank you for the info though!
No problem.
Im not sure when they introduced all the festivals as i didnt play constantly though.