Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch Client stuck

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

narfiasr
12.11.2012 , 06:00 AM | #1
After running game client and starting download new patch, my game client stuck at 66% "installing Main Assets 94", anyone have similar problem?

I tried to redownloading game client, and problem still exist.

AnAnonymousGuy
12.11.2012 , 06:06 AM | #2
I'm having the same issue, but at 47% instead.

althene
12.11.2012 , 06:07 AM | #3
Yeah, I have the same issue. Someone else reported it and got the standard tech drone garbage, none of which was helpfull in the least.

I am running SWTOR Unleashed and thought that might be the problem, so I backed out of the program, used the regular patcher and still had no luck. After that I restarted my computer to clear anything that might have been cached, fired up the normal launcher and still got nothing.

I've tried their launcher fix tool with similar results. The launcher downloads all the files and then sticks at 0% installed.

AnAnonymousGuy
12.11.2012 , 06:10 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by althene View Post
Yeah, I have the same issue. Someone else reported it and got the standard tech drone garbage, none of which was helpfull in the least.

I am running SWTOR Unleashed and thought that might be the problem, so I backed out of the program, used the regular patcher and still had no luck. After that I restarted my computer to clear anything that might have been cached, fired up the normal launcher and still got nothing.

I've tried their launcher fix tool with similar results. The launcher downloads all the files and then sticks at 0% installed.
I thought it might of been Unleashed too; just uninstalled it and then came back here. Will try again for the hell of it, but at least I know it most likely isn't that.

EDIT: Uninstalled SWTOR Unleashed and the other program that comes with it (ImDisk I think it's called? I don't remember), restarted my PC and it then installed properly.

althene
12.11.2012 , 06:14 AM | #5
Ok, I did some more playing around and decided, f*ck it, and turned off my windows firewall.

Looks like it worked. So whatever they did for this patch, they broke the "plays well with windows firewall" part of the game.

So there's that. Good luck.

Argure
12.11.2012 , 06:27 AM | #6
Happening here as well, at 66%.
OPERATIVE LI'LL ZORAH PROPHECY O/T FIVE
JUST WIPE IT

Menis_SC
12.11.2012 , 06:48 AM | #7
Having the same problem.
The patcher will download Main Assets 94 but then errors out when installing at 24%.
Have run the repair scan & tried turning off Windows Firewall but it still continues to error.

Not running SWTOR Unleashed. Just the stock game.

itonez
12.11.2012 , 07:03 AM | #8
i'm having this problem too. Downloading Main Assets 94 is fine but when installing at certain % it would stuff up and ask for repair..

i check the logs and for me its corrupt "swtor_main_area_misc_1".. before that everytime there is a patch i can usually fix it by deleting the files such as Patch, launcher and stuff but this time doing those wont work for me.
I went onto repair and seems like 8 files need to repair around 11gb..

Cerimon
12.11.2012 , 07:04 AM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

It is possible your anti-virus or firewall is preventing the game patching itself. Please use the appropriate link below for information on how to boot your computer in safe mode with Networking. Please try again to patch the game while booted in this mode.

Windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...r-in-safe-mode

Windows Vista: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/w...r-in-safe-mode

Windows XP: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true

Do post again if you still have an issue.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

leto_cleon
12.11.2012 , 07:09 AM | #10
Going to Safe Mode with Networking does not work for me.