Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

Devlonir
12.11.2012 , 07:05 AM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by Satanski View Post
Becouse we already dont pay our subscriptions and creating this crap costs millions.
Somehow they managed to make it right in LOTRO where you have free festivals a year with minigames and different prizes you dont have to buy with real money.
Just a question: weren't those events in already before LOTRO went F2P? I honestly don't know because I didn't play it.

Because that would explain at least half the reason not to make them cost money in LOTRO.. as they were already paid by earlier subscriptions. As well as not wanting to make people pay more for what they once got as part of their subscription in that very game.

Just curious really.. Because if that's the case.. comparing LOTRO events to TOR events is, quite literally, apples to bantha steaks.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

_Darkstar
12.11.2012 , 07:06 AM | #192
So what are you all complaining about?

Lack of event has nothing to do with F2P and more to do with more important content being worked on.

Fireworks being for sale as well as free is a bonus for those who want more. More importantly why would you want more fireworks? Get a grip.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

CrazyCanukk
12.11.2012 , 07:06 AM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
Why the life day items are in the cartel market and not in a festival i will never know, its a cheap money grab to something that should of been put in the game as content. I beg people to vote with there wallets and not buy this life day stuff in hopes that bioware realise this should of been event and they need to stop being lazy.
if i want it..

I'll buy it... If I don't i won't.

Its my money i earn by working for a living and I'll spend it how i please

Mazikeen
12.11.2012 , 07:06 AM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by Satanski View Post
Becouse we already dont pay our subscriptions and creating this crap costs millions.
Somehow they managed to make it right in LOTRO where you have few festivals a year with minigames and different prizes you dont have to buy with real money.
And LotRO also makes you buy quest packs from 20-50 so you can level. SWTOR offers that for free.

And 'this crap' may cost millions but how do you know the funds for the Market are not strictly from the revenue it creates? You don't, you're whining with no basis for an argument.
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 07:07 AM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
So what are you all complaining about?

Lack of event has nothing to do with F2P and more to do with more important content being worked on.

Fireworks being for sale as well as free is a bonus for those who want more. More importantly why would you want more fireworks? Get a grip.

Such as more Cartel Packs?
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 07:10 AM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyCanukk View Post
if i want it..

I'll buy it... If I don't i won't.

Its my money i earn by working for a living and I'll spend it how i please

Indeed, however are these items "worth" 4 months worth of subscriber coins (2400) per character on top of a subscription?

I can't see that myself.

Certainly the clothes and the mount are much worse than what other MMORPGs give away for free with free Christmas events.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Mazikeen
12.11.2012 , 07:12 AM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by _Darkstar View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
Such as more Cartel Packs?
Or maybe new PvP content like the kind they're releasing now. Or new space missions. Or new PvE content. Or new planets, like Makeb. You know... alternatives to your theory.
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 07:14 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
Or maybe new PvP content like the kind they're releasing now. Or new space missions. Or new PvE content. Or new planets, like Makeb. You know... alternatives to your theory.
No, I'm pretty sure it's new Cartel Packs.

However Makeb is going to be charged for on top of a subscription as well, and making the new space missions P2W is pretty much the same thing.

Mazikeen
12.11.2012 , 07:17 AM | #199
However Makeb is going to be charged for on top of a subscription as well, and making the new space missions P2W is pretty much the same thing.
Pretty sure the space armor and such is available for comms. So much for P2W. Next whine!

TheNahash
12.11.2012 , 07:17 AM | #200
Indeed, however are these items "worth" 4 months worth of subscriber coins (2400) per character on top of a subscription?

I can't see that myself.

Certainly the clothes and the mount are much worse than what other MMORPGs give away for free with free Christmas events.
They might be or they might not be, depending on who you ask.
The point is, no one's making you buy them. You will gain nothing by having the Life Day Robes. It's just some ( really ugly, if you ask me) gear that you can buy IF you want to just make your toon look different - that's all.