Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pay2Win Space Missions ???

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Glower
12.11.2012 , 07:05 AM | #21
Just two months from F2P start and P2W for space already here!
I'm impressed!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 07:06 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
Just two months from F2P start and P2W for space already here!
I'm impressed!
Indeed, few thought it would take this short a time.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

wainot-keel
12.11.2012 , 07:08 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by UCKFred View Post
I don't consider it to be P2W unless you're actually competing with other players i.e. PVP.

My only concern is if the cost they set for going the grinding route is being influenced by trying to get subbers to pay cash instead to obtain these items. That... I would consider to be despicable.
What would be the difference then with buying full Dread Guard set with cartel coins ? That would be P2W. And so it's this.

Pulpp
12.11.2012 , 07:14 AM | #24
EVERY f2p game eventually slides towards p2w. It's just the reality of the genre/industry. EA is a slimier company than most...look at their other F2P games (like the EAsy ones). If you are surprised it happened or even that it happened this fast -- well, you were being foolish.

Enjoy. It's just the beginning.
--
Entitled whiners don't understand the new F2P model purposefully offers a stripped down version of the game to entice people to subscribe, because polls showed people were not willing to subscribe to the full version of the game (wait...what?!).

_Darkstar
12.11.2012 , 07:14 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Leigabar View Post
I Care and I was hoping to get back from job and play some new missions but it seams that addionaly to the sub I will need to pay once again to be able to play them or grind for atleast a week.
Oh noes you will have to play content that you say you enjoy for a whole week!!!! How dare they!

I am sure if you open a CS ticket they will just send you everything you are entitled to for free with no effort on your part.

Pay2Win is when the best things are ONLY on the market. This is just another option designed to milk the greedy and impatient "Must have it NOW!" crowd and there is nothing wrong with that.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Toweleeeie
12.11.2012 , 07:15 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Leigabar View Post
I Care and I was hoping to get back from job and play some new missions but it seams that addionaly to the sub I will need to pay once again to be able to play them or grind for atleast a week.
This kind of bevahior will not keep me here for long. I just started to regret for resubing...
I hope they will change their altitude quickly because I would like to play SWTOR and pay sub for it but I'm just loosing motivation.

B.R.
Leigabar
I will send you my copy of Star Fox 64. Do you need a N64?
Can I has more Sandbox?

BogyOne
12.11.2012 , 07:18 AM | #27
The expensive G7 stuff was bad because it is a lot of mindless grind again and again when people are already tired.

The development of space missions was waste of time and money because nobody cares about and plays the space missions.

Now you can buy in Cartel the equipment pack saving mindless grind for content that nobody plays anyway.

"Pay To win! Bloodsuckers!"

Joke's on you.

MorgothPl
12.11.2012 , 07:19 AM | #28
Luckily the schematics are not in cartel market... yet.
But I agree, they should put some items only, and make the rest grindable. When the prices were announced, I started grind, and had enough comms to buy all the buyable stuff. The rest I got for the coins, as there is really nothing I could spend them on in cartel market (being subscriber)

Besides, what you got as P2W space.... 5 extra BH comms a week. That's like one armoring in two months and also about 200k creds a month (that's a day of dailies). So not that it will change "balance of power".

Eshmael
12.11.2012 , 07:19 AM | #29
here is what i would do as a Creditseller.

On my Server a Molecular Stabiliser cost 200k an the GTN (and this is a pretty decent price).
So all the new items made through schematics will cost 1mio just for the materials.

As a goldseller i buy cartelcoins. Enough for 12 Spacemissionitempacks für ~35€ (i am from germany).
Then i sell all the Items at 60% of the Materialprice. and have made ~8-10mio credits with the ~5000cartelcoins.
Then i sell these for ~25-30€ for one million. That makes at least 150-300€ outof my 35€ in 48h.
And as a p2w player i use the credits to buy nearly full dreadtooth armor through mods.

Easiest p2w ever.

There would not be such an impact on the whole ig market if BW would have sold 1mio Credits für 400 Coins.

HarleysRule
12.11.2012 , 07:19 AM | #30
If these items were for endgame PvE or PvP I would agree, but since space combat is currently just a fail single player minigame that no one plays, I wouldn't classify this as P2W. Now if they ever have a real multiplayer space experience (which I doubt), then yes this becomes P2W.