Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nahlani
12.10.2012 , 10:26 PM | #1121
Hi eveyone, I have made quite a bit of purchases. I truly believe when SWTOR went out they really thought it was going to do well. Based on my observation I really believed they outsources their billing and accounts and customer service to separate entities. For money savings...

The solution. I called and got a CS. He had me update all the fields I could on my credit/debit card. It did not work. Once he updated it from his side with just the fields that I could only update it worked. Until the left had talks to the right hand. This is the solution if you want your cartel coins. Call them and they will do exactly what I just explained. I am about to enjoy my cartel coins. Go get yours

Stansman
12.10.2012 , 11:15 PM | #1122
Quote: Originally Posted by Nahlani View Post
Hi eveyone, I have made quite a bit of purchases. I truly believe when SWTOR went out they really thought it was going to do well. Based on my observation I really believed they outsources their billing and accounts and customer service to separate entities. For money savings...

The solution. I called and got a CS. He had me update all the fields I could on my credit/debit card. It did not work. Once he updated it from his side with just the fields that I could only update it worked. Until the left had talks to the right hand. This is the solution if you want your cartel coins. Call them and they will do exactly what I just explained. I am about to enjoy my cartel coins. Go get yours
This is interesting..the CS rep updated my fields just this way but it still wouldn't let him buy me coins..at least some of us are getting lucky.

Naugor
12.11.2012 , 04:12 AM | #1123 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your on-going patience regarding the issues you are experiencing with cartel coin purchases. We have updated the Cartel Coins FAQ and will continue to do so as soon as we have more information available.

Thank you.
Naugor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

SosukeAizen
12.11.2012 , 05:49 AM | #1124
Still absoloutly no help, its almost as if they don't want our money

Etapi
12.11.2012 , 06:00 AM | #1125
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your on-going patience regarding the issues you are experiencing with cartel coin purchases. We have updated the Cartel Coins FAQ and will continue to do so as soon as we have more information available.

Thank you.

Sorry, at this point, this update is of no help. It is not our payment methods, and calling your customer service resulted in me being asked to call back later as their systems are borked and they can do nothing to help anyone at this point. Right now, you have a bunch of people wanting coins, and quite willing to pay for them, and we can do absolutely nothing about it.

firestarter
12.11.2012 , 06:08 AM | #1126
Hello everyone,

Thank you.
Excuse me but how is this ANY help to anyone who has got this problem.
What you writein your FAQ is absolutely******** and untrue and you know it.
Quote:
If you have successfully purchased coins before, and are now unable to buy more, this could be because there is a limit to the number of Cartel Coin purchases any player may make per day, if you have passed this limit, you will not be able to make more Cartel Coin purchases for 24 hours.

There may be additional restrictions in terms of transaction numbers or spending limits which are imposed by your payment provider and are beyond our control. We would always suggest that you check with your payment provider in cases where there is no clear reason for a transaction to have failed.

For those of you still experiencing issues after going through the steps above please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service by telephone:
1st sentence UNTRUE: You cant buy any more coins once you have passed the 5 item restriction.
And it wont work after 24 hours. I wont work for weeks now as in my case.

2nd and 3rd sentence UNTRUE: I can pay with this creditcard just fine. Have done several times after this error on YOUR site

4 sentence: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO WAY I CALL YOU! GET THIS OUT OF YOUR HEADS! DO YOU THINK I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN WAT ON THE PHONELINE FOR HOURS ONLY TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY! FIX YOUR DAMN SITE ALREADY AND STOP TREATING YOUR SUBSCRIBERS LIKE MORONS!
The Red Eclipse

Sarlena- Madness Sorceress

Exiluminator - Pyro Powertech

Spinikar
12.11.2012 , 06:34 AM | #1127
So, Yeah, When are you planning to fix this? Or are you going to sit on your hands for 6 Months and see how it goes, like you did to the APAC?
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

Darth_Exar
12.11.2012 , 06:37 AM | #1128
Hmmm. I've had this issue since last Thursday. Weird thing is I also cant make any purchases via Origin as well but everywhere is happy to take my money (e.g. Steam), it just comes up with 'An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later'. Checked with my card provider and everything is green on their end.Checked my details and everything seems to check out, I deleted an old card as well to make sure it wasn't getting mixed up. With this Life day thing going on I would be very happy if I could purchase some flipping Cartel coins.Also tested to see if it was my browser and that didn't solve it. So I guess I just have to wait....and wait...and do some more waiting......still waiting.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...6&page=1&pp=10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nagadeath View Post
translation: we have altered the deal. pray we do not alter it farther.

Tyree-Solusar
12.11.2012 , 06:40 AM | #1129
This is absolutely pathetic.

I thought the patch would fix this problem, it'd take only a day to fix this problem; you're losing a lot of valued customers over this. It isn't wise for you to continue.

Mara_Zyras
12.11.2012 , 06:41 AM | #1130
Hello everyone,

Thank you.
Unacceptable...stop telling us things we already know! this just goes to show that they have not paid any attention the this 100+ page thread about there problem.

This is not updated information you have put in the FAQ because you have been sending this information out in reply to tickets people have created about the problem, you are just putting it in the FAQ to save your selves having to copy and paste...

there are now a lot of unhappy customers in this thread who love the game but cant enjoy the new features! FIX IT ALREADY!

I actually find this reply insulting...do they think we are stupid or something?