Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Request to Bioware regarding Taral V - HM


whitescarab's Avatar


whitescarab
12.11.2012 , 04:46 AM | #1
I know that this will be an unpopular request with some players...but here goes...

Bioware, can you please make it so that players can't skip the last two boss fights in Taral V?

If you go just right, you can slip past the Droid (2nd boss) without pulling agro, and the last boss will reset if you move to the right place, thus never need to fight them.

I understand that people are using Taral V as a way to farm their daily and weekly rewards while doing the least amount of work possible, I get it...it's sad...and kinda pitiful...but I get it.

But some of us, particularly new 50s, WANT to fight the bosses, we need the drops, we want to learn the fights, and some of us, like the challenge.

The problem is that so many people know how to skip these two fights, that it is virtually impossible to find a group that is even willing to.

I have done, or tried to do this HM FP 5 times using group finder, and not once was the group even willing to do the fights. Once they sat and simply watched as other players pulled agro, and let them die, until he quit in disgust, twice more, booted someone from the group, because they wanted to do the fights.

Please, it makes it so that players can't enjoy, or get the benefits of the Flashpoint, just so that a few lazy players don't have to work for their commendations. As far as I am concerned, this constitutes an exploit...

Thank you for your time

Xitzay's Avatar


Xitzay
12.11.2012 , 05:03 AM | #2
If you want to run it...get a group of 3 like-minded people together. T5 used to be a hella slog, so they removed half the trash. People used to pull the last boss miles away out of the room, so they reduced his aggro range. If you want to gear your new 50....good on you. Don't make those of us who have run the op literally hundreds of times wait around for your learning curve. Same argument made for watching convos and not spacebarring. If you want to watch it, get a group together. Don't expect 3 strangers to waste their time while you get your 'immersion.' Don't have 3 friends in game? Join a guild. I have run tons of guildies on gear runs through fp, and not once used groupfinder to inflict the pain on others at random.

ladwar's Avatar


ladwar
12.11.2012 , 05:15 AM | #3
i have to say it wouldn't matter if they changed the last boss. btw the bosses only drop columi(one) at the most so its not really going to change for me with my alts i get to 50 to do that boss or the other bosses u can skip, its not just that flashpoint but that has the most u can skip. i don't believe changing the boss would lead to better gear faster for new lvl 50s unless they dropped more loot or better loot. 75% i see a earpiece of a class not present on that boss. sorry to say it there is a good a reason to most skip every boss/miniboss in hard mode flashpoints.

if u group with me and don't know something or want to do something the time to ask is right at the start not mid/end way into the flashpoint as with most other people. if u ask at the start most group will decide what to do and most likely do the boss u want to do, but if u do it at the end piping up and going hey why not is to late for that and will annoy the group you are in and is likely not to happen.
i see alot of people who ask to do bosses i skip or bonus boss ask right after i pass them and enter a elevator, ect. and i know this annoys me.

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
12.11.2012 , 05:35 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by whitescarab View Post
I know that this will be an unpopular request with some players...but here goes...

Bioware, can you please make it so that players can't skip the last two boss fights in Taral V?

If you go just right, you can slip past the Droid (2nd boss) without pulling agro, and the last boss will reset if you move to the right place, thus never need to fight them.

I understand that people are using Taral V as a way to farm their daily and weekly rewards while doing the least amount of work possible, I get it...it's sad...and kinda pitiful...but I get it.

But some of us, particularly new 50s, WANT to fight the bosses, we need the drops, we want to learn the fights, and some of us, like the challenge.

The problem is that so many people know how to skip these two fights, that it is virtually impossible to find a group that is even willing to.

I have done, or tried to do this HM FP 5 times using group finder, and not once was the group even willing to do the fights. Once they sat and simply watched as other players pulled agro, and let them die, until he quit in disgust, twice more, booted someone from the group, because they wanted to do the fights.

Please, it makes it so that players can't enjoy, or get the benefits of the Flashpoint, just so that a few lazy players don't have to work for their commendations. As far as I am concerned, this constitutes an exploit...

Thank you for your time
Perhaps you shouldn't think you are entitled to force your own opinions and choices ingame down other people's throats?
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Petnil's Avatar


Petnil
12.11.2012 , 08:15 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
Perhaps you shouldn't think you are entitled to force your own opinions and choices ingame down other people's throats?
Perhaps you shouldn´t think your entiteled to force your opinions and choices ingame down on other peoples throats ?

It goes both ways. Being kicked foor wanting to kill the last boss in a hard mode FP and you dont see the problem ?? If your so overgeared how long will it take to kill a boss and thereby help another player.

Vegabond's Avatar


Vegabond
12.11.2012 , 08:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ladwar View Post
i have to say it wouldn't matter if they changed the last boss. btw the bosses only drop columi(one) at the most so its not really going to change for me with my alts i get to 50 to do that boss or the other bosses u can skip, its not just that flashpoint but that has the most u can skip. i don't believe changing the boss would lead to better gear faster for new lvl 50s unless they dropped more loot or better loot. 75% i see a earpiece of a class not present on that boss. sorry to say it there is a good a reason to most skip every boss/miniboss in hard mode flashpoints.

if u group with me and don't know something or want to do something the time to ask is right at the start not mid/end way into the flashpoint as with most other people. if u ask at the start most group will decide what to do and most likely do the boss u want to do, but if u do it at the end piping up and going hey why not is to late for that and will annoy the group you are in and is likely not to happen.
i see alot of people who ask to do bosses i skip or bonus boss ask right after i pass them and enter a elevator, ect. and i know this annoys me.
This.

KeyboardNinja's Avatar


KeyboardNinja
12.11.2012 , 10:57 AM | #7
I have to agree here. I mean, I've done Taral V a zillion times, both clearing and skipping. Three of my characters are campaign/dread guard geared (and a fourth is nearly full Black Hole), so it's not like I need the columi drops, but I really would like to actually *do* the content rather than flying past it. It's not like the fights are particularly hard or time consuming.

The fact is that new 50s no longer have any real way to learn their class in a low-risk situation. They have to dive straight into operations, and even then they probably won't see a decent challenge until EC or TfB SM, due to the level of over-gearing that is pervasive across all tier 1 content. It used to be that Hard Modes were just that, hard. I remember wiping for hours on Esseles HM the first time I did it (a week-ish after launch). It was frustrating and time consuming, but I learned a lot and the sense of accomplishment was palpable. Now, all the HMs have been nerfed into the ground, and the playerbase has collectively discovered a vast array of exploits which allow them to complete (or rather, bypass) what little content is left in the most efficient way possible. It leaves more time for such people to log onto the forums and complain about lack of content in this game.

Skipping trash mobs is one thing; skipping bosses is quite another. I would much rather Bioware fixed Taral V, Foundry and Ilum so that the bosses are no longer skippable, since I can't imagine they ever intended the content to be trivialized in this fashion.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

Fiamma_Verde's Avatar


Fiamma_Verde
12.11.2012 , 11:31 AM | #8
I get what you're saying Keyboardninja. I enjoy running most of these flashpoints, but TV or illum are so dissapointing when they pop. I wouldn't ever ask a group to complete it if all three want to skip, but if one other person wants to run it properly I'm game. Of course it's not like you can't run TV withought a healer, and you only need two votes to be kicked even if half the group wants to do it, so this can end poorly.

I can only imagine how much it would suck for a DPS who actually wants to do the run and spent all that time in the Que..

david_watt's Avatar


david_watt
12.11.2012 , 11:45 AM | #9
It was quite a shock for me when I started doing hard modes. It was not the difficulty but the pace most groups run the content at. It was like kill stuff jump on bikes and off to the next spot and pray I can keep up. worst part is as a healer I hardly had time to recharge my force before the next fight. I did notice though that once I got to tionese or equivalent gear they got to be as easy as they were while leveling really. Please guys remember that some people don't have practice blitzing these thing at break neck speed, and you can avoid wipes by giving a healer chance to recharge before the next fight. Frankly though Taral V needs to be fixed badly bosses should not be so easy to skip as that. Perhaps, the quest advancement should be contingent on defeating bosses.

Trelleg - lvl 50 Sage Jedi Covenant
Trelleg - Jedi Sage Jedi convenant server

Ms_Sunlight's Avatar


Ms_Sunlight
12.11.2012 , 11:47 AM | #10
There are 2 main reasons to run HMs. Geared 50s run them for comms, and new 50s run them for Columi gear tokens so they can progress to ops. The last boss of Taral V should not be skippable. No other final boss is skippable. It's not as if he's hugely difficult or takes a long time to kill, anyway.

First time I ran Taral V when my Shadow tank dinged 50, I had a nightmare. I didn't know the skips and people raced ahead. I didn't know you could skip the final boss because I'd never been there before and despite having told the group, they let me charge in and aggro the boss while they all went up the ramp to skip him and let me die. The group was really rude to me too, calling me stupid. Sorry but if someone tells you it's their first time doing something and they die because you don't tell them something they need to know, it's you that's stupid. It knocked my confidence a lot.
Carilie - Scoundrel // Dastelen - Shadow // Dras'yra - Sniper // Elonie - Sorcerer // Undali - Powertech
Server: The Red Eclipse // Guild: The Onyx Guard / The Orbital Guard