Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

Przemo_No
12.11.2012 , 05:01 AM | #41
eeh, people, you DO NOT HAVE to buy those.. they are NOT substantial to make any progress in the game..
It is just a cosmetic thing..
Why would you even bother?
They ask a price, if you want is so bad, buy it,
if you don't, don't.
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

Nythain
12.11.2012 , 05:01 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Joduh View Post
I don't see an issue.

These items are for show and not necessary at all.
While the rest of your analogy loses the point, this is really the best thing to be said on the matter. Cash shops in almost all games primary items are aesthetic. There's no imbalance here, or massive edge to be gained. The people who have the money and are willing to spend the money for said show, will. Those who don't, won't.

I don't understand why so many are getting butthurt over it. Ok, there is the minor point that the items are limited time for the holiday which does make it impossible to save up rewarded cartel coins from subscriptions. This sort of sucks for those of us already spending the $15/mo on the game regularly, because we have to shell out even more money to obtain the items. But it's not the end of the world.

Durasturan
12.11.2012 , 05:02 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
Considering some other stuff that is also being introduced to market, like ship parts, it could be possible.
But then, earliest 'event' was supposed to be in January, Ilum related. Despite that Ilum was pushed back, fact remains that there weren't any plans for event earlier, so it's unlikely.
lol, originally Ilum was supposed to coincide with 1yr anniversary, then they said that we would have a different event for one year.

Ilum is pushed back to Feb now, but we are supposed to have a 1yr anniversary event in two weeks. numerous devs have said so.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 05:03 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitas View Post
Only once Kashyyyk is made explorable, then can Life Day be properly celebrated in the game. All we can do is keep urging the devs to make Kashyyyk accessible soon.

So by 2020 we'll be able to not spend $200 a year on Life Day "event/extortion packs", well that's all fine then!
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Digimanbyte_ID
12.11.2012 , 05:04 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
That's basically because it IS gouging.
Well no Gouging would warrant the fact you need to buy these items to progress in the game. These are just some optional gear to make you look more unique. Don't care about buying it and think its a great idea to increase revenue.

Also the quest idea had a bug in it, the fact that f2players would have to have access to it. Personally its like all the other gear you can buy from the cartel market, yes its limited time but you get to strut around in it all year long.

Gorrdan
12.11.2012 , 05:04 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
So by 2020 we'll be able to not spend $200 a year on Life Day "event/extortion packs", well that's all fine then!
When you are in love with something you are blind to its flaws and find ways to rationalize your attachment while others tell you to open your eyes.

That is his way of coping with it.

Durasturan
12.11.2012 , 05:05 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Nythain View Post
While the rest of your analogy loses the point, this is really the best thing to be said on the matter. Cash shops in almost all games primary items are aesthetic. There's no imbalance here, or massive edge to be gained. The people who have the money and are willing to spend the money for said show, will. Those who don't, won't.

I don't understand why so many are getting butthurt over it. Ok, there is the minor point that the items are limited time for the holiday which does make it impossible to save up rewarded cartel coins from subscriptions. This sort of sucks for those of us already spending the $15/mo on the game regularly, because we have to shell out even more money to obtain the items. But it's not the end of the world.
15 bullet points for cartel shop.
1 bullet point for bugfix... and it's a bug with with the cartel shop.

There are currently many many many bugs with this game, quite a few of them gamebreaking and persistent. The "butthurt" as you so eloquently put it, is that subs pay $15/mo automatically, and we expect to see improvement to the game for that investment, at the very least fixing stuff they broke if not adding additional things FOR US. The fact that f2p is being catered to so hard core, while subs are treated as second class, does not bode well for the health of the game.

they are prioritizing short term profits over long term sustainability and it's not going to be healthy for the game.

Radzkie
12.11.2012 , 05:05 AM | #48
Please, please, please keep adding these types of items to the cash shop BW. I prefer this over P2W or having them force subs to pay for access to new planets and important crap like that. They need to make money off the shop somehow and this is the lesser of evils, I think.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 05:05 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Life day items on the cartel market are insulting because... they aren't free? Lol! Wha..?

So first, lets be clear, these are not event specialty items. Life day is not an event like Rak or Chevin etc. Life day is your holiday fluff. Nothing worthy of a quest or any real work of achievement. Subs get 500 CCs spend them how you will.

Oh, and did I mention that it is fluff? Lol! It will be great for about half a second and then... it would just clutter up my inventory. Personally, I'm glad it is for purchase. I'll look at it and if something strikes my fancy I'll buy it, but... it is very unlikely. Thank god I will only be cluttering up my cargo with things that I want.

This make them charging 4 months worth of subscriber coins per character WORSE not better you realise?
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

MyraTynomi
12.11.2012 , 05:05 AM | #50
To be honest I agree here, the focus seems to shift completely to Cartel market leaving subs without any benefit really. I do not have much interest in the Cartel market, nor do I feel I should have to spend on it as I sub. Even the armor they're putting on is stuff that should have been in the game in the first place (i.e. authentic looking jedi wear etc.)