Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

life day items on cartel market insulting.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
life day items on cartel market insulting.

Gorrdan
12.11.2012 , 04:42 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitas View Post
Well you're not being forced to buy them at gun point. If you don't want them, don't buy them.
I agree with you but of all the MMOS i have played, such events are tied into the actual world game content like special events, missions etc as an alternative to acquire some items.

I read all the patch notes and i found no such thing. I was hoping for some open world events or missions related to this event.

Digimanbyte_ID
12.11.2012 , 04:44 AM | #12
Technically if you can't buy them this year then there is always the next. Honestly if you really want them then buy the cartel coins.

Yeah it seems like gouging but then again it also means your more unique as I am sure they will release something different next life day.

To me they don't really seem much and the last thing I want is to grind Social points to get them from a vendor and where in the hell would a quest work for this, especially when we can't go to Kashyyk.

Goretzu
12.11.2012 , 04:45 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Digimanbyte_ID View Post
Technically if you can't buy them this year then there is always the next. Honestly if you really want them then buy the cartel coins.

Yeah it seems like gouging but then again it also means your more unique as I am sure they will release something different next life day.

To me they don't really seem much and the last thing I want is to grind Social points to get them from a vendor and where in the hell would a quest work for this, especially when we can't go to Kashyyk.

That's basically because it IS gouging.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Vitas
12.11.2012 , 04:45 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
Indeed, but that's not how it works is it.

They dangle out something people will want at a price they can't quite afford.

As things stand to buy ONE Pack you'd have to have not spent anything on the cartel market since F2P, and if it's going to be 4 months of subs = ONE "event" cartel pack, then subscribers aren't going to be buying much else with their cartel coins, unless they fork out through the nose for extra coins.
Well you obviously seem to want them but you don't want to pay either. Don't worry about what other people do with their money but your own. You have the will to either resist the urge of purchasing them or let go of a couple dollars to buy a pack.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

NrDLeipe
12.11.2012 , 04:46 AM | #15
I think this patch is a bit dissapointing , never seen an mmo charge you for festival fluff, come on fireworks for cartel coins? there should be a quest thing a festival were the players could have some fun , new things to do, play minigames etc. fluff like fireworks should be a reward for those things.

BW/EA is rly milking the cow till its last drop atm
The wrath of the empire knows no bounds

Fornix
12.11.2012 , 04:47 AM | #16
Pretty much in line with the amount I spent on gems in GW2 to buy the halloween outfits. Nothing new to be seen here honestly.
Member of <Helix>

Veimi
12.11.2012 , 04:48 AM | #17
To be honest, I belive they will release an event for subscribers to acquire these items. If that's not the case, I am a bit dissappointed.
Adrianne
<Fade>
Jedi Shadow
Tomb of Freedon Nadd PVP EU

Gorrdan
12.11.2012 , 04:48 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by NrDLeipe View Post
I think this patch is a bit dissapointing , never seen an mmo charge you for festival fluff, come on fireworks for cartel coins? there should be a quest thing a festival were the players could have some fun , new things to do, play minigames etc. fluff like fireworks should be a reward for those things.

BW/EA is rly milking the cow till its last drop atm
Correction but every MMO with cash shop out there charge you for holiday items, only difference between SWTOR and other MMOS is that in other MMOS there are special events and quests that works as an alternative way to get some holiday items.

I am surprised they are even calling this an 'event'.

Quote: Originally Posted by Fornix View Post
Pretty much in line with the amount I spent on gems in GW2 to buy the halloween outfits. Nothing new to be seen here honestly.
In GW2 along with new cash shop items there was plenty of new content allowing players to get holiday items through pvp and pve. Do you see anything like that in SWTOR holiday event other than new addition to cash shop? where are the events?

Vitas
12.11.2012 , 04:49 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Gorrdan View Post
I agree with you but of all the MMOS i have played, such events are tied into the actual world game content like special events, missions etc as an alternative to acquire some items.

I read all the patch notes and i found no such thing. I was hoping for some open world events or missions related to this event.
Life Day is a Wookiee tradition and a sort of equivalent to Christmas. Once Kashyyyk is made explorable in the game, then can the developers properly expand the event to play similar to the Grand Acquisitions Race or the Rakghoul event. All we can do is hope that the devs are already planning on making Kashyyyk available in the near-future.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

Joduh
12.11.2012 , 04:49 AM | #20
I don't see an issue.

These items are for show and not necessary at all.

If you want them pay up, if you can't afford them well then how can you afford $15 a month for a game?

It's like someone who doesn't tip a server well. If you can't afford the tip then how can you afford to eat out? oh that's because you can afford the tip you're just cheap and can't admit that to yourself.
Emotions are stupid and should be hated.